Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Enables online multiplayer on Xbox One and Xbox 360, so you can play games online with friends
- Get Free Xbox One and Xbox 360 games
- Receive exclusive discounts of up to 75% off games, add-ons, and more in the Xbox Store
- Powered by hundreds of thousands of servers that maximize performance and reduce lag
- All future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Gaming is better with Xbox Live Gold.
Join the best community of gamers on the most advanced multiplayer network, where dedicated servers maximize performance, speed, and reliability.
Most advanced multiplayer network.
Get maximum performance, speed, and reliability with dedicated servers. Enjoy better matchmaking and less waiting.
Games with Gold.
Get free games every month with your Xbox Live Gold membership, worth up to $700 a year.
Deals with Gold.
Save up to 50-75% in the Xbox Store. With millions of gamers worldwide, and so many games to play, now’s a great time to go Gold.
* Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. Includes games for Xbox One and Xbox 360, with up to $350 value on Xbox One and up to $350 value on Xbox 360. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve redeemed. Restrictions Apply. Savings based on retail value of game. Games shown are representative of games that might be included. Requirements and available features vary across consoles; Multiplayer between Xbox One and Xbox 360 supported for select titles. Download required. http://www.xbox.com/backcompat.
Gaming is better with Xbox Live Gold. Join the best community of gamers on the most advanced multiplayer network, where dedicated servers maximize performance, speed, and reliability. Experience the best in competitive and cooperative gaming with franchises like Halo, Gears of War, and Forza Motorsport. Get free games every month, worth up to $700 a year, including Xbox 360 games playable on Xbox One. You also save up to 50-75% off games in the Xbox Store. With millions of gamers worldwide, and so many games to play, now’s a great time to go Gold.
Top customer reviews
WHICH MEMBERSHIP LENGTH SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Xbox Live membership pre-paid cards/codes are available in 3 month, 12 month or 24 month subscriptions. I typically buy the 12 month and I'll explain why in a minute.
The 3 months option is good if you're on a tight budget or if you're not sure you'll like Xbox Live. I typically avoid the 3 month option because it costs you much more in the long run. If you pay for 12 months of Xbox Live using the 3 month option at $24.99 you'll pay $99.96 for a year of Xbox Live. For 3 cents more you could have purchased a two year subscription card! (Currently $99.99 That's crazy!
I purchase the 12 month subscription because I know we'll want. . . no NEED . . . Xbox Live all year in our household. The 12 month card saves me money over a monthly Credit Card billed subscription or the 3 month options. In fact if you're patient, I know at least the 12 month memberships go on sale from time to time. I think I scored my first one on Amazon for $39.99 which is about $20 off the normal price.
If you've got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket you can also pony up the dough for a 24 month Xbox Live Gold membership and take advantage of the discount it offers. I'm a bit too cheap and try to hold our household to too much of a budget to justify buying the $99.99 24 month subscription card/code. It does save about $20 vs. buying two 12 month cards but the $19.99 it currently saves me isn't enough to justify the expense. If your'e lucky enough to find these Xbox Live Gold membership cards/codes on sale you can always buy and redeem multiples. You can add them at any time and Microsoft allows you to stack them. I believe you can redeem up to 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold membership credits on your account at any one time.
Since many parents/grandparents/adults may be considering buying this as a gift they might have questions. The information below should be helpful in these cases. If you're not new to Xbox Live Gold, just skip the rest of this review!
WHAT THE HECK IS XBOX LIVE GOLD?:
To any parents, grandparents, adults and gamers that don't know what Xbox Live Gold is: it's basically an extra service that allows video game players to play with other players via the internet. Most of today's games are made to be enjoyed by playing them with and against other players online. The days where you sit on the couch and play with 1-2 other people are pretty much gone. The sad truth is to get the most of their video games, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers need Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live also allows players to access other features like online video etc but the main focus and benefit is online multiplayer gaming.
A word of caution: Parents, adults, guardians. PLEASE monitor what your kids are doing. Just like you shouldn't turn your impressionable child loose on the internet without any supervision or guidance, you shouldn't turn them loose on Xbox Live. People can chat and interact with each other via Xbox Multiplayer games, messages and more. Many games allow players to create their own emblems, logos etc. It should be no surprise that many people (adults and children) can't behave themselves. Online interactions on Xbox Live Gold are largely out of the control of Xbox and the game developers. There are rules governing the actions of players online, but for the most part things are on the honor system. Things ARE moderated to a certain extent but for the most part any disciplinary action is reactionary and comes long after violations of the Xbox Live terms of service. For example, if they receive enough complaints, Microsoft/Xbox will take action against anyone who is acting inappropriately. Unfortunately this action is typically taken long after your child has been exposed to language or images you didn't want them to be exposed to. Just know if your child plays online multiplayer games they WILL eventually hear adult language and sometimes worse. If you aren't comfortable with this do NOT let them use Xbox Live Gold. You can supervise your child, change settings to reduce risks slightly, but in the end you can't control what other players say or do.
1. Cheapest price - This is pretty much a given, right? Amazon generally has cheaper prices on products than most stores, and if you opt for a code rather than for a physical card, you know you're going to save a few bucks. At the time I purchased my online code, I got a price $10 less than the asking price for the physical card.
2. No sales tax - For the time being, this is going to be the case for most buyers. The government will likely start applying sales tax to online purchases in the next year or so, depending on how much backlash the public throws at them. Given the current state of our complacent and ignorant populace, it is very unlikely that this can be prevented from happening.
3. Bonus offers included - This is time sensitive. At various times of the year, amazon or Microsoft will have bonus offers for their products. At the time of my own most recent purchase (on Christmas Day of 2013), I received redemption codes for three free game downloads.
This was the best deal I came across, and I doubt I could have found a better deal had I spent all day searching for them. I would definitely recommend this method of subscription/renewal for the Xbox Live Gold Membership.
1) After having to deal with the aftermath of someone breaking into my account and racking up $200+ in charges to my card on file.
2) Microsoft automatically re-subscribing if your card is on file (which could be bad if you are low on money when your subscription expires).
I found it a huge pain dealing with Microsoft when someone makes unauthorized purchases using your card on file. I had to get my bank involved to get my money back since Microsoft would barely do anything to resolve the issue.
So I really like that Amazon has this service available. I get an instant code for a Live subscription seconds after checkout, and piece of mind knowing Microsoft doesn't have any of my card info. Trust me, don't keep your card on file on your Xbox. It's safer and saves you headache in the long run.
did not work. On the contrary, it worked perfectly. It is because it is from, or for, another country. I find that
funny because on this web page it says, "This item is not eligible for international shipping". Simple irony.
Except for the X-Box logo, name, and the word 'GOLD' on the face of the paper package most everything
else, that is in white and green, is NOT in English. There is a white overlay sticker on the section that has
restrictions, directions, system requirements, etc.; also the added bar code sticker is in English. (The bar
code and number were obscured by the reviewer.)
I think it was important to mention since some of you may be getting them and may not want to use them
for fear they won't work. The card worked as promised on my son's old X-Box 360. It has been about 4
days now and there have been no problems of any sort.
So you can take a peek at the photos I've uploaded for your own amusement and be 99.9% assured that
your foreign X-Box Gold card will work in spite of the foreign language. Aren't we just the bon vivant.
So 5 Stars for the foreign Gold card that worked as promised even if they promised in another language!
Update April 2016: Absolutely no problems in the past few months of use.
Most recent customer reviews