BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 23, 2015
I purchased a 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership for the first time on Amazon a couple years ago and I love the convenience. I typically use the "Online Game Code" option which provides you with a code you enter on your Xbox or within your Xbox Live account. This allows me to make the purchase and basically instantly redeem the code on my Xbox Live account. It's great if you need to quickly start, reactivate or extend membership without waiting for a physical card to arrive in the mail or without needing to run to the store to buy one. I also like using these prepaid cards or codes to pay for Xbox Live over paying with a credit card or debit card. If you pay with a credit/debit card Microsoft typically automatically renews it when your subscription is up. As a single dad I may not always have the required funds where they need to be when that happens. I don't like surprises and the associated fees that come with them. ;) I prefer not having a credit card linked to my Xbox anyway because it helps prevent fraud and the kids can't "accidentally" purchase something.

WHICH MEMBERSHIP LENGTH SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Xbox Live membership pre-paid cards/codes are available in 3 month, 12 month or 24 month subscriptions. I typically buy the 12 month and I'll explain why in a minute.

The 3 months option is good if you're on a tight budget or if you're not sure you'll like Xbox Live. I typically avoid the 3 month option because it costs you much more in the long run. If you pay for 12 months of Xbox Live using the 3 month option at $24.99 you'll pay $99.96 for a year of Xbox Live. For 3 cents more you could have purchased a two year subscription card! (Currently $99.99 That's crazy!

I purchase the 12 month subscription because I know we'll want. . . no NEED . . . Xbox Live all year in our household. The 12 month card saves me money over a monthly Credit Card billed subscription or the 3 month options. In fact if you're patient, I know at least the 12 month memberships go on sale from time to time. I think I scored my first one on Amazon for $39.99 which is about $20 off the normal price.

If you've got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket you can also pony up the dough for a 24 month Xbox Live Gold membership and take advantage of the discount it offers. I'm a bit too cheap and try to hold our household to too much of a budget to justify buying the $99.99 24 month subscription card/code. It does save about $20 vs. buying two 12 month cards but the $19.99 it currently saves me isn't enough to justify the expense. If your'e lucky enough to find these Xbox Live Gold membership cards/codes on sale you can always buy and redeem multiples. You can add them at any time and Microsoft allows you to stack them. I believe you can redeem up to 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold membership credits on your account at any one time.

Since many parents/grandparents/adults may be considering buying this as a gift they might have questions. The information below should be helpful in these cases. If you're not new to Xbox Live Gold, just skip the rest of this review!

WHAT THE HECK IS XBOX LIVE GOLD?:
To any parents, grandparents, adults and gamers that don't know what Xbox Live Gold is: it's basically an extra service that allows video game players to play with other players via the internet. Most of today's games are made to be enjoyed by playing them with and against other players online. The days where you sit on the couch and play with 1-2 other people are pretty much gone. The sad truth is to get the most of their video games, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers need Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live also allows players to access other features like online video etc but the main focus and benefit is online multiplayer gaming.

A word of caution: Parents, adults, guardians. PLEASE monitor what your kids are doing. Just like you shouldn't turn your impressionable child loose on the internet without any supervision or guidance, you shouldn't turn them loose on Xbox Live. People can chat and interact with each other via Xbox Multiplayer games, messages and more. Many games allow players to create their own emblems, logos etc. It should be no surprise that many people (adults and children) can't behave themselves. Online interactions on Xbox Live Gold are largely out of the control of Xbox and the game developers. There are rules governing the actions of players online, but for the most part things are on the honor system. Things ARE moderated to a certain extent but for the most part any disciplinary action is reactionary and comes long after violations of the Xbox Live terms of service. For example, if they receive enough complaints, Microsoft/Xbox will take action against anyone who is acting inappropriately. Unfortunately this action is typically taken long after your child has been exposed to language or images you didn't want them to be exposed to. Just know if your child plays online multiplayer games they WILL eventually hear adult language and sometimes worse. If you aren't comfortable with this do NOT let them use Xbox Live Gold. You can supervise your child, change settings to reduce risks slightly, but in the end you can't control what other players say or do.
55 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
Normally I would not 'review' a Membership card but this one bears a closer look. Literally. Not because it
did not work. On the contrary, it worked perfectly. It is because it is from, or for, another country. I find that
funny because on this web page it says, "This item is not eligible for international shipping". Simple irony.

Except for the X-Box logo, name, and the word 'GOLD' on the face of the paper package most everything
else, that is in white and green, is NOT in English. There is a white overlay sticker on the section that has
restrictions, directions, system requirements, etc.; also the added bar code sticker is in English. (The bar
code and number were obscured by the reviewer.)

I think it was important to mention since some of you may be getting them and may not want to use them
for fear they won't work. The card worked as promised on my son's old X-Box 360. It has been about 4
days now and there have been no problems of any sort.

So you can take a peek at the photos I've uploaded for your own amusement and be 99.9% assured that
your foreign X-Box Gold card will work in spite of the foreign language. Aren't we just the bon vivant.

So 5 Stars for the foreign Gold card that worked as promised even if they promised in another language!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update April 2016: Absolutely no problems in the past few months of use.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2016
This is a must have for any and all xbox players with games that have online multiplayer functionality. I have made friends from all over the United States via xbox live, and even some globally. If you're using this for small kids, I would definitely suggest you monitor who they're playing with, as there are lots of adults online who will use foul language. They can play online without the use of microphones if you are worried about this. Also, if you do let them use a mic, and this could very well apply to adults as well, make sure you are not breathing into the mic and everyone on the other end thinks you're going through a really bad windstorm. It's so annoying.

Anyhow. Buying this was really easy as well. I believe it is pretty close to the same price as physical stores, as i believe it is price locked my microsoft, but they do allow sales to be run every now and then. So it was a no brainer to purchase it here and have it instantly delivered to my email. I took that code, put it into my xbox live account, and boom back online and killing some zombies with all my friends. I saved so much time and gas that it is definitely worth it to purchase it here!

Buy it here on amazon.
Amazon sends a link and the code directly to your email
In put that code that amazon sent you into your xbox live account (online or on the console)
You are back online!
Happy Gaming!

Also note that this works for both xbox 360 and xbox one. Two consoles, one account! Happy!
on July 16, 2016
Waiting for these to go on sale every year is the only thing that keeps my subscription to the overpriced xbox live gold service. 12 months for $40? Done. Take that deal and run with it because the only way you get it cheaper is buying a paper code from some sketchy website based out of Urbleekastan. Wait for it to go on sale and snap it up. Otherwise, Xbox live doesn't offer high-quality games for free on its service so I don't know that I'd buy it unless I was playing online multiplayer a lot. Looks like Sony offers better value in the free games they give their subscribers and Microsoft is just hoping non of their customers notice. We do. Fix your ish, Microsoft.
on February 18, 2016
The reason why I purchased from this seller over others was simple. The photo was in English and easy for me to read and looked like a actual Microsoft gold card.

Well what i received was a halo 12 month card in Spanish that looks like it was straight stollen from a store and sold on amazon for a quick buck.

But the codes worked just fine and actually gave me a few halo 5 emblems and a metal halo card to go with it.

So I knocked off a star due to misleading images, wrong language, and beat up product that has been dropped a few times on the road and dirt haha.
on March 10, 2017
If you know anyone with an Xbox they will appreciate this. Also it's just such a bargain. To buy it month to month it's $10+ each month totaling to about $120 for a whole year. When you buy this it's only $55 for a whole year. Such a good deal! Highly recommend it!
on March 6, 2016
At first I was worried when I opened the package and the card was partially written in a Persian-looking language. I became more worried when I first attempted to use the card and received an error. However, after doing some research and having a bit of patience, I learned that the reason I was not able to redeem the code immediately was because the last time I added time to my subscription, I did it with a prepaid digital 12mo code as opposed to an auto-renewing credit card payment (the digital code was from Amazon; it was cheaper than the physical card at the time). It turns out that when you pay in this fashion Microsoft requires that the subscription expire before you can redeem a new card i.e. they will not stack and there is no option to renew. My subscription was set to expire March 7, so I decided to wait it out and see if the card would actually work then. On March 6 I received an automated email from Microsoft notifying me that my subscription had expired (maybe due to be a timezone discrepancy?) and all I had to do was follow the email link to extend my membership, click Redeem Code, and the code worked fine. As for maintaining the loyalty count on your membership (e.g. "member for 5 years"), I found some websites (including majornelson) that said to rest assured as having a gap in your membership will not reset your loyalty count. However, from the time I spent looking through other reviews to figure out what was wrong, I saw some that seemed to have less successful experiences than myself so I would at the least make sure you will be able to use the card within a month of ordering it in case it really doesn't work and you need to return it. The pictures are from after I opened it.
review image review image review image
on March 28, 2017
Bought from Amazon and shipped/sold by Amazon. (Xbox Live Gold Membership Digital Code sent to email).

Purchased with my amazon gift card. Digital code then sent to my email, fast digital delivery with no problems!

Typed in the digital code to my Xbox live account on my Xbox One, signed out then signed back in and wallah, Xbox Live is ready to go!

Would and will buy again!
on February 8, 2016
I ordered 2 of the 12 month cards that came with codes for a Halo Guardians emblem on each one. When I received these and scratched off the covering over the codes I noticed that on one of them the code printing ran off the side leaving me to guess what the last letter or number was... I ended up starting with A-Z (the last letter was 'W' by the way) anyways so then I entered the code for the emblem and it said invalid code. I checked and rechecked but it didn't work. The second one I bought the printing didn't run off but the code for the emblem was also invalid for some reason... I gave this 2 stars for the hassle but in the end I already got me two 12 months of live on my accounts or else it would have been 0 stars... I don't think that it's the sellers fault though
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 24, 2017
I've had Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership for one year already and I bought another one (this time on Ebay, because it was only 43$). I would recommend to buy it for everyone who has an Xbox because it has some good perks:
- With Xbox Live Gold, you can play with your friends and save all your game clips and photos to Microsoft’s servers for accessing later.
- Every Tuesday, Microsoft heavily discounts games available on Xbox Live for digital download.
- With the free games and deals, it all comes down to taste. Often times, Microsoft offers some big-name hits and exclusives as a part of Games with Gold.

If online gaming is something that you feel you want to do, definitely check out Xbox Live Gold. Pay for a month or start a free trial. Get a feel for how it works.

You definitely won't have some new games on huge discounts, but you can get one-year-old games for free. Now, I buy games only on discounts or download it for free, using my gold membership.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.