Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,419 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,616 reviews
on October 8, 2016
If you have a white Xbox One S controller, this may not work for you. When plugged into my Xbox One S controller, the orange LED which indicates the unit is charging does not go on. I know it is inserted properly because when I try it in my older black Xbox One controller, everything works like it should. I've read this happening to other people as well (though not all white controllers are affected). If you have the new Xbox One S controller, I would recommend getting rechargeable AA batteries, or waiting for a controller software update of some kind to fix the issue.
77 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2017
After reading some horror reviews that almost made me consider not ordering this kit from Amazon, I decided I should leave a review myself. The play and charge kit works as advertised. It works fine with my Elite controller. It came in the same packaging that it would be in at Walmart, GameStop, or wherever. As far as the durability of the cord, I've had no Issues. Just don't use it as rope or let your pet chew on it and it should be fine... The battery life is good although I haven't tested it against standard AA's. Cord length is good and the controller charges while playing just fine. I hope this review helps anybody that might have been scared off by bad reviews like I almost was. I'll attach a picture of my kit and it's packaging.
review image
on February 27, 2017
Works just as advertised. My Xbox one is set up for the fast turn on so it charges the controller even if the console is off. The cord is very long so you can just plug it in and play if you want to. I can't comment on how long a charge lasts because I plug mine in when it's not being used. I have had it unplugged for a few days and still haven't gotten a low battery warning so I can only assume that it can hold a charge for several days. Definitely a great product and I would recommend it.
on February 23, 2017
The pack I received doesn't hold a charge very long whatsoever, maybe 20-30 minutes at best. The Alkaline batteries (Rayovac Ultra Pro) I was using prior to purchasing this lasted far longer. Several days, in fact. With this pack, I essentially have a wired controller. This is the first time I've been disappointed in a purchase I've made through Amazon.

Edit: Contacted Amazon to acquire a replacement for a clearly defective product and with almost no hassle, was sent another. The replacement was worse than the original. After fully charging the pack prior to use, it wouldn't even power the controller. The light would flash twice and that was it. I again contacted Amazon and they sent another. This one is holding up nicely and I'm quite happy with it. My guess is the first two packs were sitting in their warehouse too long.

Overall, this product can be save you money by not needing the throwaway AA's, but don't just buy it anywhere. Either go to a local store where its more likely the packs are fresh, or buy it from Amazon directly. Either way you can take comfort in the fact that they'll make it right.
on November 17, 2015
I was a little skeptical about this battery pack at first, but quickly became a fan. First of all, this is a Li-ion battery pack (similar to cell phone batteries) which means it has higher capacity, longer durability and lower weight than disposable or rechargeable AA batteries. A lot of competitors offer cheaper technology, so be careful before you buy. I already had a high density pair of rechargeable AA and I immediately noticed the difference in weight. I was also happy to be able to charge my controller while I play. Although you can charge the controller directly on the Xbox, you can also plug it to a USB charger (like your phone charger) close to your gaming spot, so the cable is not a big issue. As a plus, I like having the indicator light on the cable, although any micro-USB cable works for charging. Highly recommended.
on June 10, 2017
8 months later and only holds a charge for 15 minutes not worth the $25 paid the same for rechargeable batteries a few years ago held a charge longer then these and lasted longer guess the dollar doesn't go as far as it used to or companies just make cheap trash and sale it for more and more you can get better for the price of this just keep looking around until you find it i know things don't last forever but still got better for the price a few years back time to hunt for a real battery that last at least a year or more
on February 14, 2017
The first time I charged and used it, it pissed me off because it lasted about 2 hours. The consecutive charges lasted me about 2 weeks (not going completely dead). I use it in my Scuf Controller and constantly use a controller powered headset and it last forever. Buy first party! The LED works with a controller as it should, I have also used the cable with my phone and it charges as it should.
review image
on July 12, 2016
Cable for charging is very long. Charges the controller as expected. Battery is one piece that fits in place of two AA batteries. Charges tend to last for several days before Xbox One alerts that batteries are low.
review image review image
on April 14, 2017
I bought this in September 2016 and it lasted until April 2017. The battery will no longer charge at all. When I plug the controller in, the light turns amber (charging) and then within a minute or so, it turns white meaning it's done charging. When I unplug the cord, the controller dies immediately. It's not the cord or the controller, I've tested it with actual batteries and another charging cord. Worked great up until now but I'd expect a rechargeable battery that costs $25 to last more than 7 months with light to moderate use. I'd recommend getting some high quality rechargeable batteries over this.
on June 13, 2017
Total garbage, don't buy one of these, wish I would have payed more attention to previous review. After less than 4 months, this battery has died and will not charge. I contacted Microsoft and was told they only have a 90 warranty on accessories, not the kind of quality I would expect from an OEM part.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.