Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on April 21, 2017
Bought this after I tried buying a "certified refurbished" Xbox one controller. I put that in quotes because what we got was a piece of junk. This one, however, works perfectly and has an awesome camo pattern. The only downside is that it is really hard to find, because it is camo and all. My son loves this controller, when he can find it. Sometimes it is just on the table but the camo pattern is just so good that it is hidden. We usually enlist my wife to help us find the controller because she is colorblind and the camo does not affect her ability to see the controller. I have asked my son to leave the controller upside down so that it is easier to find but he is 7 years old and does not listen very well. The worst case of this was when he left it on the floor, not only was it dark (and I didn't have my night vision googles on) because I was wondering around at night and didn't tell Alexa to turn on the lights, but I couldn't have seen it anyway because it is camo. The pain rating of stepping on one of the control sticks is up there around 4 brick Lego status.

In all seriousness though, this is an excellent controller and my son loves it, he calls it his Air Force controller, because I served in the Air Force and he associates all camo with it.
on June 6, 2015
Being MS brand and make it works the same as all the other factory controllers, but has a pleasing digital camo hydrographic exterior with a matt finish. I bought this to replace my Day One edition because too much time spent playing Destiny killed the left thumbstick. Constantly having to down click and press forward to sprint basically ground the parts to failure. Though in my opinion, it shouldn't have failed that quickly. One, I'm not that rough with my equipment, and two I didn't use my Xbox ONE much during the first year I owned it. Of course, the original power supply also failed just after the warranty period also. Never experienced these issue with the 360 or the original Xbox. Build quality of external components seems to have taken a serious hit this time around. Overall, nice looks and performs as expected and is currently holding up. I put a PE soft grip cover over it and am using Foamy Lizard control stick covers for enhanced grip. All three make a nice combo for extended gaming.
on August 1, 2014
I bought the Xbox One Wireless Controller specifically for use with my PC after reading that drivers had been released by Microsoft back in June. I also ordered a micro usb cable because one is not included with the Xbox One Wireless Controller at the time of my writing this review and the wireless capability does not work either. My hope is that the wireless capability will work in the future. However, using the micro usb cable that I previously mentioned, I plugged in the Xbox One Wireless Controller and it was recognized immediately and drivers were installed successfully without having to download anything on my part. I tried the Xbox One Wireless Controller using my micro usb cable with Half Life 2 and GTA IV through Steam and both games recognized the controller successfully.

I hope this helps others considering using this controller for PC use. It seems to be working well for me so far.
on December 5, 2013
Great controller, good feel, the new vibration is awesome and the sticks are smooth. I really cant say enough about the xbox one controller. The D-Pad had definitely been improved over the original as well as RB and LB. The whole controller is more ergonomic and has a sleeker feel and look. Also the xbox button has been moved up so that people like me don't keep accidentally tapping it in games while trying to reach the start or back buttons. Although the back and start button have been replaced with buttons I really don't understand they still have the same function as a back and start button while in games.
on January 17, 2014
First things first, I'm the owner of an Xbox One, PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360. The 360 controller has been the best controller on the market for about 7 years despite having some issues (terrible dpad, big analog stick dead zone, and some analog stick drift). When I heard about the changes they made to the One controller, I was nervous. Looser sticks? Ewww that's one of many reasons why the dual shock 2 controller was so abysmal. But I'm pleasantly surprised. The sticks are in fact looser than the 360's, but it's for the better. It offers more precise controls and the dead zone is gone. GONE GONE GONE. Thank goodness. The grip on the outside of the sticks is wonderful. Especially compared to how bad the PS4 controller's sticks are (my first one essentially fell apart from normal use).

The other huge advantage the One controller has over the new PS4 controller is battery life. My DS4 lasts 6-8 hours on a full charge. Xbox One controller goes a full week or more. The placement of the analog sticks is also superior on the One controllers. I also love that if I'm watching Netflix and put the controller down, Kinect will see that and turn off my controller, but if I pick it back up, it turns the controller back on. Amazing.
on June 23, 2015
Having a PS4 from launch, I'm a new (proud!) parent of an Xbox One. As a result, I've had to pick up an extra controller for the significant other. Microsoft has always had some pretty substantial controllers for their consoles, and this is their best effort yet*. Everything feels very solidly-built and as I have larger hands, this seems to work a little better in the hands than the admittedly better-than-the-DS3 DualShock 4's that come with the Playstation 4.

I'm stunned at the exclusion of bundled rechargeable batteries, for a $60 controller, in the year 2015, however.

Pros:
Great for larger hands
Well-built

Cons:
Y U no rechargeable battery Microsoft?

*at least until the Xbox One Elite comes out, from the looks of things
on August 12, 2015
Changing this up a bit. I have 2 xbox ones, since getting them when they first came out, I have been through 4 xbox controllers. They all keep breaking. The first one e the left thumb stick literally came out. Which is baffling. The next the A button gets stuck all the way down. The third the left trigger is always activated. The fourth the A button stopped working entirely. I'd blame the kids except even the one I hid in my room for my use only stopped working. I'd blame over use but the one in my room was only used to browse Netflix and various other TV providers. I just don't understand why they are so crappy. I have a stack of 360 controllers thatve worked for 3 + years.
on December 10, 2016
They look great, they feel great in your hands - but unfortunately they are classic Xbox One quality. If you game very much these are not going to last very long. The problem is in the 3D joystick modules. Unlike the ones Microsoft used in the 360 controllers, these begin exhibiting "drift" failure within just a few weeks/months. Luckily Amazon carries the parts 2pcs Qunqi 3D Joystick Wireless Controller Rocker for Xbox One to fix them if you feel up the to challenge.
on December 23, 2014
The Xbox One controller on its own is just another step in the gradual improvement of Microsoft's gaming controllers. The joysticks have a great grip going around the inner circle, the left- and right-bumpers are much improved over the Xbox 360 controller, and overall the controllers has a lot more heft to it and, at least on my initial few uses of it, seems to be a more durable controller overall.

My only gripe with the controller has to do with the headset input. It's not nearly as straightforward as the Xbox 360 input was, and can sometimes be a bit of a hassle to attach at the bottom. It also occasionally seems to have problems working properly when plugged in, requiring a detaching and reattachment. This is really a very minor drawback though when compared to the overall construction of the controller.

The Armed Forces camouflage has a very cool look to it, so much so that I prefer using it to the regular black controller that came with the system. Overall another great controller in a long line of outstanding Xbox controllers. Highly recommended for gamers who enjoy shooters and action games in particular.
on March 27, 2017
Just like every XBox controller, this one is very well built and feels good in your hand. The item was shipped very quickly and was packaged well. I would absolutely order more Xbox One controllers from here.

The unit came with zero defects. The Right and Left knobs feel sturdy and are very accurate. I was worried at first that they wouldn't hold up to the abuse I was putting on them but I have had no issues. every button on the controller is working and feels well built. The batterie life lasts me a few weeks with a few hours of game play most days. There is not an element on this controller that I am not very happy with.

The last note I want to add is that this is not my only control that was purchased from here. EVERY controller is working the same. I would love to tell you how well dealing with issues worked out but I did not need to do that with this purchase.

I would absolutely recommend this item to anyone who is in need of a good quality Xbox One controller.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.