$ 99 $59.99 Save $8.00 (13%)
& FREE Shipping.Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Search for the ultimate paradise, Elysium, with your companion Pyra.
- Explore an endless ocean of clouds, where the last remnants of civilization live on the backs of colossal beasts called Titans. Experience the story of Rex and his new friend Pyra, a mysterious being known as a Blade who grants him tremendous power. Together, search for Pyra’s long lost home Elysium, the ultimate paradise for all of humanity.
- A new story in the Xenoblade Chronicles™ series
- The next adventure is on the Nintendo Switch™ console—set on the backs of colossal, living Titans
- Discover each Titan’s diverse regions, culture, wildlife, equipment, and hidden secrets
- Find, bond with, and command weaponized life forms known as Blades to earn abilities and enhance them
- Uncover the history of Alrest and the mystery of its endless ocean of clouds
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Nintendo Switch
From the manufacturer
Lead Rex, Pyra, and the world to refuge
Lost in a sea of clouds, entire civilizations rest on the backs of Titans. As the giant beasts march toward death, the last hope is a scavenger named Rex—and Pyra, a living weapon known as a Blade. Can you find the fabled paradise she calls home? Command a group of Blades and lead them to countless strategic victories before the world ends.
Each Titan hosts its own distinct cultures, wildlife, and diverse regions to explore. Search the vast open areas and labyrinthine corridors for treasure, secret paths, and creatures to battle and index.
During these escapades you’ll get to know a large cast of eclectic characters, including the weaponized life forms known as Blades. Gather these allies, bond with them to increase their power, and utilize their special ARTS to devastate enemies. But to save the world of Alrest, you must first demystify its cloudy past.
A new story in the Xenoblade Chronicles series.
The next adventure is on the Nintendo Switch console—set on the backs of colossal, living Titans.
Discover each Titan’s diverse regions, culture, wildlife, equipment, and hidden secrets.
Find, bond with, and command weaponized life forms known as Blades to earn abilities and enhance them.
Uncover the history of Alrest and the mystery of its endless ocean of clouds.
2017 Nintendo / MONOLITHSOFT. Xenoblade Chronicles and Nintendo Switch are trademarks of Nintendo. 2017 Nintendo.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The things it does really well:
* The areas are extremely well designed. The art direction on the environments is phenomenal, and each region is very large with a ton of stuff to discover. No empty open world syndrome or invisible walls here!
* First-class soundtrack by ACE+
* Innovative, complex combat system with very rewarding combo animations.
* Lots of ways to manage your character builds (though some players may find the number of options so large as to be overwhelming.
There are some minor hiccups though:
* Badly designed map UI (ETA: A post-release update improved this significantly.)
* Some enemies have tedious, hyper-repetitive combat dialogue (two lines that they repeat without pause).
* Can't revisit tutorials (but you can just look combat tutorials up on YouTube, so no big deal)
You won't like it if:
* You don't have time to invest > 70 hours just to finish the main plot
* You don't like RPG's
* You are attached to being able to choose an evil or "renegade" path
* You don't like managing complex character build systems
* You played Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and didn't like it
The big innovation of XBC2 is the introduction of Blades. Blades are artificial lifeforms that serve as both weapons and party members, allowing you to blend the experience of a massive multi-character story with the more intimate story progression of a small group. While the core cast of characters is never more than 4 main characters at a time, these main characters can have up to 3 Blades each equipped, with each Blade having a unique combination of social, exploration, and combat abilities. Many of these Blades are generic and randomly generated collections of abilities, but the game also features over 30 unique Blades with original art done by anime, manga, and video game artists, as well as their own subplots and special abilities. Each character can have 1 of these Blades active on screen with them at a time, enabling special "heart to heart" cutscenes that add to the story and unlock new special abilities for the Blades.
The story itself is timeless, which means that it has an excellent combination of familiar elements but presents these classic formulas with a unique energy and exciting new hooks. If you're a fan of JRPGs you'll feel like you've played this game before in all the best ways, but with the excitement of new vistas and a modern combat system that uses a combination of free movement and timed actions similar to the recently re-released Final Fantasy 12.
While this may not be the best fit for someone who isn't a big fan of the fantasy RPG genre, fans of games like Final Fantasy 7, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 12, Dark Cloud, and other such entries will enjoy this entry in the Xenoblade franchise.
Most recent customer reviews
unique battle mode
fun to collect the blades
Boring story line
side quests feels like chores
dialogs are very naive and sometimes I...Read more