Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on December 14, 2016
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

I am not pleased with this unit so far. Shipping and getting it assembles was a huge pain (read my review on the seller), but once I got it into the room where we wanted it and got it assembled, I discovered issues right off the bat. First, the "liftable" running deck required two people to lift it. I am an athletic and pretty strong guy, and I couldn't lift it myself. And if I really pushed hard, the treadmill rolled forward. So, I had to get one person to hold it still, and then I was able to lift it. Then, I couldn't get the thing down. I know something was wrong. It turns out the left mechanism was assembled incorrectly and there was no lubrication. I fixed the assembly, shot it up with some WD40, and worked it for about 10 minutes until the folding mechanism worked correctly.

Then I started the treadmill, and it made a loud "whump whump whump" sound while the belt turned. The belt was super loose, so I tightened it. Then I got on the treadmill and started walking. With every step I took with my right foot, there was a screeching sound coming from under the deck. So, I am walking and I'm hearing "whump whump whump" at the same time, I am hearing "step, screech, step, screech, step screech!!" So I called the seller's service department and the guy on the phone told me a rubber piece between the deck and the metal unit must be worn. IT'S A BRAND NEW UNIT. WORN????? I decided to play the game, and accepted his offer to send a replacement part which will take 5 to seven business days (Christmas is around the corner, so I guess I will get the part after the new year). Then I have to wait 3 more business days for someone to contact me to set up an appointment, and God only knows how long it will take for them to actually fit me into their schedule.

We'll see how this all plays out, but at this point, I am thinking that I just threw away 1,000 on a piece of junk.

UPDATE: They sent a guy to "repair" my brand new treadmill. It still makes the same noise. I will call the company today to let them know that their "fix" didn't work. I will give them one more chance to fix my brand new treadmill. If that doesn't work, I am going to request a replacement at their own cost (including shipping, bringing it up to my apartment, and assembling it (all of which I had previously paid for). I'll report on how it goes.

UPDATE#2: As expected, the second "repair" didn't work. The unit is still having the exact same issues as it did when we first got it. I have called Xterra Customer Service to request a replacement. I have not yet heard back from them. I will update this review as the saga continues.

UPDATE#3: They sent me a replacement unit. I had to fight with them to have it delivered into my home and have it assembled. REALLY??? They agreed to it, and the unit arrived. 2 idiots tried to put it together and spent 3 hours unable to. I called customer service, and they sent out someone the next day. THEY REFUSED TO REMOVE THE OLD UNIT stating that it was "not their problem." THE NEW UNIT HAS THE SAME ISSUE AS THE OLD UNIT!!!! I AM CONVINCED THAT THESE UNITS SOLD BY AMAZON ARE DEFECTIVE AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE DISCOUNTED.
on March 17, 2014
I needed a treadmill not for everyday running but to be available when the weather is bad or too cold for my Iron man training. This treadmill has met my needs. It was delivered on time and placed in my garage. As I choose to install it myself I had to take it out of the box and move it to my basement. Being 60 years old I had to enlist my adult son and a friend of his to help me get it into the basement as it is heavy. Once down there I was able to put it together myself with a little help from my wife. The instructions were easy to follow and the set up went without a hitch. My only criticism is that the programmed workouts are only 30 minutes. Having said that there is a manual mode as well as the ability to custom programs. I just use the manual setting as I am constantly changing what I do anyway. The other issue is that both my wife and I feel it moves faster than it's stated speed. Not by a lot but noticeable. We base this on the difference the treadmills at the Y felt. Who knows maybe they run slower. In any event I like this treadmill and would recommend it. I have been using it three times a week during this snowy winter without a problem.
on December 16, 2014
Don't let the picture fool you! This treadmill is HUGE! Unless you have a room dedicated to gym equipment, I'd pass on it. It's a great treadmill - very quiet. You can even use it with the TV on and not have to increase the volume. It has a fan, which is nice. It has a lot of bells and whistles and is wonderful......once it's in place! It weighs 325 pounds and comes strapped to a wooden pallet. The delivery guy isn't allowed to bring it in the house! My big and strong son managed to get it in place but sprained his knee in the process. It takes 2 or 3 strong people to move this thing once it's out of the box. It just barely made it through the door. Save yourself some medical bills and hire somebody to move this into your house. Once it's together and you're using it, you're going to love it! It just doesn't burn off as many calories as it should. :)
on May 22, 2016
After 6 weeks, the motor went out. It was still under warranty, so it was repaired in my home with a new motor free of charge. Other than that issue, the treadmill is great.
on April 10, 2015
Good, sturdy treadmill overall. We were looking for something my husband could run on as well without breaking the belt as has happened with cheaper treadmills we have owned after a short time. He weighs around 220. I have two complaints- The treadmill takes too long to respond to an increase or decrease in speed, about 15 seconds to reach where you want to be. Also, the treadmill sits at an incline even when not inclined. I would guess it sits at about a .2 incline naturally. Not complaints but observations as these things are not that important to me- the heart rate contacts on the handles are not very useful as it take a full minute or better to even register properly, I have not tried the chest strap so I can't speak to that yet. The fan is too weak to be very useful. Pros: Sturdy. The display and options are good. It was fairly easy to put together and shipping was pretty fast for something so big. All in all I am happy with our purchase for the price.
on January 3, 2016
My older treadmill died suddenly and I needed a replacement. I wanted a treadmill that would incline at least 15% and the TR6.6 includes this in its specs. When the treadmill arrived I assembled it and tried it out and I noticed immediately that it was not inclining the required and specified 15%. I measured the max incline and it was just under 10%. I am returning the treadmill. Amazon has been nothing but helpful.
on January 28, 2016
I've been using for 3 months and I like it very much. I'm getting back into a routine and wanted something in the house to motivate me. I am a walker that will jog and run but not a hard core runner. I have not used the programs yet.

I had research and research to find a treadmill that fit in my budget but would also be durable and last. This check most of the boxes for me, and I didn't need to have that ifit program. I did not know this brand and was concerned about by an unknown. Overall, more people gave better ratings to all the Xterra models than the popular Proform. I feel that I have made a good decision.

Pros: The deck is nice and long. Panel provides what I want. I like the heart rate reading. The adjustable speeds and incline on the hand rails are convenient. It was easy to put together, once I found two men to carry to basement from garage.
(Not really) Cons: the fan works ok but I wish it was on a swivel as it is directly at my belly. The increase/decrease buttons are a little slow to respond. The first few uses I walked very close to the panel and would kick the motor cover as it is directly under panel. Eventually I just walk further back which also helps fan get a little higher. Non of these are would prevent me from buying again.

All in all I would recommend this treadmill and I feel ive made a good purchase. Amazon delivered in a week and it was put down my longer driveway into the garage.
on March 3, 2015
It is more than I expected. I really like it and hope someday to be able to run like a champ on it.
on January 26, 2016
Overall good treadmill. Unfortunately, it generates excessive belt dust. Keep wiping with damp cloth as per instructions...not helping. Had it about 2 months.
on December 6, 2015
Arrived exactly as stated but SO GLAD I read all the reviews. Had my two sons, 24 and 25 and a friend of theirs here to muscle this baby down to the basement. HEAVY is an understatement!!!!!!!! This monster weighs a ton, maybe two tons. Took all three young men to get this thing down there. One son and girlfriend put it together and it works like a charm. With that point seriously emphasized, we have five adults all using it and it takes the constant abuse without a whimper. This is a seriously heavy-duty treadmill - fair price as the quality is superb.

***Update - Year+ later and this is still going strong with 5 people using it. We've lubricated when it tells us to and it keeps right on going. Sorry for the folks that had trouble with their units, ours has been fantastic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.