Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 563 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 640 reviews
on August 19, 2014
Although I see from the other reviews that some purchasers have had good luck with this product, it did not work for us. We are reasonably tech-savvy, and worked through every possible troubleshooting tip, but (1) the audio quality was poor, and (2) the inconsistency in operation was baffling. Sometimes one (house) phone would ring, sometimes another. Sometimes a house phone would be dead, and then randomly come to life. Calling out sometimes worked, and sometimes not. We gave up.

Please note the return policies on this product before buying. The powers that be rejected my first review, which detailed what you can expect, but just know that you may not get much of your money back if the product does not work for you.
on March 5, 2016
Has lost the BT link once or twice, but otherwise is a solid piece of technology. There's no discernible delay or noise caused by it at all.

If used in a bedroom - you will want to used some tape/aluminum foil or something to cover the blue light on top - it DOES however make a nice nightlight for other parts of the house!
on September 30, 2015
First, I liked the form factor - very small. Trivial to setup and get going. Was able to hook-up multiple cell phones exactly as I expected it to work. So from a high level design/setup this was a very nice product.

The reason I only gave it three stars is because of the quality of the phone calls. First thing I noticed is that when I answered the phone it took over a second for the other person to hear me. While a second might not seem like long, think about how long it takes for you to hit "answer" on (or pick-up) your phone and say "hi" - its pretty quick and so you have to wait a bit and say "hi" again. That's kind of annoying, but tolerable if that was the only issue with this.

The bigger issue I had was the quality of the connection. From my side I could hear other people just fine - it sounded really nice. But other people claimed they either couldn't hear me, it sounded like I was in a tunnel or just far far away - despite almost yelling into the phone. They also said my sentences were trailing off (at both ends). I tried with both a speaker phone and hand-held. I'm on the phone pretty much all day so I needed something more reliable and clear, so I returned it.

For non-business use, meaning the causal home phone user, I can see these might not be as important and so in those cases it might be ok and you could live with it - especially when you think of the $ you'll save by not paying for another phone line! But for my situation I just had to pass on it.
on June 22, 2017
Works great. My only issue with it, is that it doesn't seem to pass the called ID info to the phone. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but calls from my cell show up as "XLink BT" for the name (it does pass the number, however.)
on November 8, 2016
Very nice. Clear tone and voice. I have two separate cordless phone systems driving a total of 9 phones. No problem. Just use a standard double phone jack. Incoming calls are a little slow to connect when you pick up but when they do is very clear, meaning one or two seconds after picking up the phone. When leaving Bluetooth range i.e. Leaving the house then returning the reconnect takes about around 20 seconds. If you plan to use with land line be sure you to buy the BTTN model. I planned to replace the landline until I remembered that my wife has a Med alert button which needs a landline to connect, So kept it but changed it to the most basic service. I figure a break even point of about 4 months before I begin saving money so is well worth the cost saving about 250 a year. After about two weeks it has performed well
on November 24, 2015
This is fantastic - the perfect solution for using a landline style phone with cellular service. My elderly hard of hearing mother needs an amplified landline style phone for which landline service was $75 a month. This device allows her to easily use her cellphone service with her special phone. It works much better than expected - highly recommend! With an iPhone, you are also offered on the iPhone itself whether you want to I answer via the iPhone itself or your Bluetooth connected phone.
on February 10, 2014
Summary: Works as described, but even under ideal conditions, sound quality is not as good as a good cell phone call.

Detail: If you spend a lot of time on a quality cell phone, and are comfortable with how that sounds, this MIGHT be good enough for you if you are willing to accept sound quality that is not quite as good as what you are used to. But I spend a lot of time on in business conference calls, on a high quality land line, using a high quality handset/speakerphone (Polycom), and I find the sound quality of this device is not remotely acceptable. A cell phone is not acceptable for my purposes, and this is quite noticeably worse. I purchased the device in the hopes that by hooking it up to my Polycom, that it would provide better sound than my iPhone could by itself. It did not.

In my usability testing my iPhone was fully charged, and plugged into a power supply. My iPhone had 5 out of 5 bars (actually circles) on the AT&T cellular network. And it sat less than 1" from the Xlink device. There were no RF devices of any form (wireless phones, Bluetooth devices, cell phones) within 30' or more from the Xlink device. Conditions for performance were optimal, but all calls were constantly scratchy, with periodic, brief sound drop-outs.
on November 21, 2009
Just as everyone says: easy setup. I have plugged my XLink into the existing phone wiring, back feeding it into the wiring in my home and use my home phones and wiring with the XLink. If you do this make sure you terminate the connection outside... Works well but I still have some interference, either with my wireless router or something. Also I use Nextel phones and when I connect my Nextel phone to the XLink via bluetooth I loose my direct connect... It won't work. Also some phones, like my i576 pickup the Xlink from 20 feet away, but I still keep the cells withing 4 or 5 feet when linked via buletooth. You can shut off you cell phone say for over night, and the Xlink button will flash to show you it is looking for that cell. Simply press that button down for a moment and it turns off the "seeking connection" and no flash. You can do this if you don't want to disturb others in the house because of a late night expected call, cause only the cell with ring. In the morning press the button and it will automatically link to the cell. All in all I am very happy with my Xlink, but I just need to find out why I have occasional interference on the phones.
on March 1, 2016
This device is really cool and works great. I used it to connect a rotary dial antique desk telephone in my office to my smart phone. The device automatically converts rotary dial clicks to touchtone pulses, which is a nice feature. Sound quality is great. No distortion, echoes, or delays. The range for the Bluetooth is acceptable for my purposes. It was a no-brainer to set up on my smart phone. I had it working within minutes of taking it out of the box.

I would strongly recommend this device to anyone who collects antique rotary dial telephones, but no longer has a land line on which to use them.
on December 21, 2013
I am a wireline telephone technician and don't always like to drink the wireless Kool-aid. I wanted to be able to have my cell work through my business phone system (which uses standard telco line interface) and could answer on any phone in the house. The unit and the concept work great. There are actually lots of advanced settings that you can access, however almost nothing on the bluetooth side to diagnose or change.
I originally had an HTC EVO 4G on Sprint (who doesn't have much 4G coverage). At first, the unit worked fine and everything worked as intended. Caller ID name and number worked fine. After awhile however, the unit would randomly disconnect from Bluetooth then reconnect. On a phone call, the audio would disconnect after about 15-45 seconds. The call was still connected on the cell and I had to switch to the cell to continue. It became unusable with this situation. I upgraded all the firmware, changed positions, moved power supplies, and all the suggestions to no avail.
I had to change carriers due to coverage problems and bought a Moto Droid MAXX on Verizon. Now the bluetooth syncs perfectly and actually has very good range. I have used it for extended calling and have had no problems at all. However, for some reason, the caller ID name won't transmit to the Xlink box. I can't find any troubleshooting ideas for this issue and there are no settings for this type of thing. Bluetooth seems to be an inexact science and you should be happy for what you get.
If the bluetooth works good with your cell, you will be very happy with this unit. It fills a great gap and is a perfect solution for people who like the quality of a landline telephone device. I highly recommend this device especially if I can get the caller ID name to work on the Droid now.