Other Sellers on Amazon
YG-1 - L7284 L7 Series Vanadium Alloy HSS Spiral Pointed Tap, Uncoated (Bright) Finish, Round Shank with Square End, Plug Chamfer, M5-0.8 Thread Size, D4 Tolerance
|Price:||+ $3.77 shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- High-speed steel tools are good for most general purpose applications, offering a combination of hardness and toughness for wear resistance
- Uncoated tools feature just the base substrate without any additional treatment or coatings and are suitable for a wide range of applications
- Round shanks allow use with a wide variety of toolholding systems
- Straight flute tools allow chips to collect in the flutes as they cut and are well suited for most applications in shallow cuts
- Right-hand cut tools have a cutting action that engages when they are run in a clockwise direction
Specifications for this item
|Cutting Angle||60 degrees|
|Finish Type||Uncoated (Bright)|
|Item Weight||0.320 ounces|
|Manufacturer Series Number||L7|
|Number Of Flutes||2|
|Number of Items||1|
|Shank Diameter||0.194 inches|
|Shank Type||round with square end|
|Special Features||Single End|
|Thread Length||0.5 inches|
|Tool Flute Type||straight|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
YG-1 L7 series vanadium alloy HSS spiral pointed tap for multi-purpose. High-speed steel tools are good for most general purpose applications, offering a combination of hardness and toughness for wear resistance. Uncoated tools feature just the base substrate without any additional treatment or coatings and are suitable for a wide range of applications. Round shanks allow use with a wide variety of toolholding systems. Straight flute tools allow chips to collect in the flutes as they cut and are well suited for most applications in shallow cuts. Right-hand cut tools have a cutting action that engages when they are run in a clockwise direction. Applications: Good for steel castings and forgings/heat-treatable alloy steels, free machining stainless steel, heat and corrosion-resistant stainless steel/valve stainless steel, aluminum alloy castings, nodular cast iron/chilled cast iron/meehanite iron/ductile iron. Excellent for low carbon/free machining carbon steel, medium to high carbon steel.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 2.9 x 0.4 x 0.2 inches; 0.32 Ounces
- Item model number : L7284
- Date First Available : September 23, 2013
- Manufacturer : YG-1 Tool Company
- ASIN : B00F8Y57YM
Best Sellers Rank:
#125,062 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #17 in Spiral Point Taps
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After that happened, I went on the search for another brand that looked like they were pretty good quality, and landed on this guy. Fearing the worst, I ordered multiple so that I wasn't left without a tap in case one broke. When they arrived, I opened up the first one, installed it in my tap handle, and started tapping the first hole. This thing cut so easily, I thought I had messed up and grabbed one of the extrusions I had already tapped! After the first hole cut so easily, I decided to give it a shot with power tapping using my M12 drill, and to my surprise it cut all the way down without a single issue, even on high-speed (which has VERY little torque). I ended up tapping about 30 holes in a matter of minutes, with a single tap. I'm definitely keeping the rest that I ordered for future use, and I'm incredibly impressed by how sharp and well made these are!
I've recommended this tap to multiple people already that are using it for the same thing I am (building a 3D printer from scratch), as many of them have had poor experiences with taps themselves. This is a wonderful product, and I would recommend it to anyone!