YOGABODY Naturals Yoga Trapeze [Official] – Yoga Swing/Sling/Inversion Tool with Free DVD, Orange
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Relieve back pain: inversion therapy is amazing for your back
- Improve your back bends: when you practice passive, inverted backbends on yoga trapeze, you can hold yoga backbend poses much longer without fatigue
- Setup in minutes: our online YouTube videos show you how to setup from an exposed beam, in a tree, or using the optional trapeze door mount bar
- Pro-grade quality: this is the same model used in YOGABODY studios worldwide and includes gym-grade grip rubber handles
- Unmatched quality assurance, full 10-year parts guarantee means we'll replace anything (or the entire thing) if there are any mechanical problems
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
In search of nutritional products designed specifically for achy yoga students’ bodies, Lucas Rockwood worked with senior nutritional formulator, Paul Gaylon, and founded, YOGABODY Naturals, in the back of his yoga studio in 2007.
The company has gone from strength-to-strength and is now an internationally-renowned nutrition, education, fitness and publishing organization serving 81 countries.
The Yoga Trapeze is one of its most prominent products and has been helping people around the world recover for good from their back problems.
YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze - Orange
YOGABODY Naturals Yoga Trapeze [official] – Yoga Swing/Sling/Inversion Tool with Free DVD, Orange
The Yoga Trapeze strengthens and loosens the muscles surrounding the spine naturally, allowing your spine to breathe and heal. The Trapeze works in three main ways:
Traction: The Yoga Trapeze creates natural, body weight traction - the safest and most effective kind.
Back and core strengthening: For dynamic, deep core strength, nothing compares to inverted, gravity resistance training.
Flexibility: Just hang back, grab your ankles and chill out. This is the safest, deepest backbend you could ever do unassisted (and painless).
- Relieve Back Pain: Inversion therapy is amazing for your back. Achieve instant traction on your spine, naturally creating more space between your vertebrae by hanging upside down from your hips.
- Improve Your Back Bends: When you practice passive, inverted backbends on the Yoga Trapeze, you can hold yoga backbend poses much longer without fatigue, allowing you to make big mobility gains particularly in the mid- and upper-back and chest where people get stuck in their yoga practice.
- Setup In Minutes: Our free setup guide and trapeze tutorials, available on our website will help you setup the trapeze and become a pro in no time.
- Pro-Grade Quality: This is the same model used in YOGABODY studios worldwide and includes gym-grade grip rubber handles, rock-climber grade carabiners on sling and handles, parachute material fabric that has been stress-tested to 600lbs.
- 10-Year Warranty: Full 10-year parts warranty means we'll replace anything (or the entire thing) if there are any mechanical problems. The Yoga Trapeze includes one main sling, two sets of handles (three on each set), four carabiners, two climber-strength knotted ropes for hanging and a drawstring carrying bag, if you want to store it or take your practice outside.
Different Poses and Benefits
Banana man is a variation of Traction Jackson. The pose is great because it’s a supported inversion and gives the 'feel' of handstand while keeping you safe and supported the entire time. You can also use this posture to open your shoulders and back. To do Banana Man properly, you need to make sure the trapeze is adjusted to the correct height.
The 'Trapeze' Pigeon
Pigeon on the trapeze uses gravity to provide a deep hip opening, upper back, and chest flexibility. Instead of using the weight of your body on the mat, pigeon on the trapeze adds a unique twist where the entire process happens upside down. In some ways, it’s easier; in other ways, it’s more intense.
Trapeze Resting Pose
The resting pose on the Yoga Trapeze allows you to relax at the end of your practice by elevating your feet and stimulating blood circulation. It helps your feet and hips unwind from your daily activities.
The Yoga Trapeze is probably best-known as a spinal traction device. In our normal lives, gravity is pushing our spine together, compressing it and reducing the space between our vertebrae. By hanging freely upside down from your hips, you reverse that process and allow your spine to lengthen and release. For anyone who suffers from back pain, tension or imbalances, this practice can feel like a miracle.
Compare with similar items
Achieve deeper backbends and instant back pain relief with the yoga trapeze. The yoga trapeze is the most powerful, at home yoga inversion tool ever created. Hang it of your door frame or from an exposed beam, bar or swing set. Setup is fast and simple, results are immediate. Heal your spine at home. Our students report that the yoga trapeze is more effective than an 1-hour deep tissue massage or a multiple series of chiropractic adjustments. The yoga trapeze strengthens and loosens the muscles surrounding the spine naturally - so you can eliminate the source of the pain both short and long term. Most back pain specialists recommend a 3-pronged approach for long term back pain relief. Traction: The yoga trapeze creates natural, body weight traction - the safest and most effective kind. Back and core strengthening: For dynamic, deep core strength, nothing compares to inverted, gravity resistance training. Flexibility: Just hang back, grab your ankles and chill out. This is the safest, deepest backbend you could ever do unassisted (and painless). You will make flexibility gains effortlessly.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The instructions only showed installation of the brackets flush with the ceiling, which is not possible with 2x8 joists and 4" spacing between the screw holes on the brackets. So I emailed Yogabody customer support about the possibility of attaching the brackets to the side of the joists, which is acceptable according to the manufacturer of the brackets.
I received the following response:
1) They do not recommend hanging the brackets perpendicular to the ceiling.
2) My ceiling joists would not be strong enough.
3) My only option would be to purchase a stand.
The stand they sell costs $495.00 and is 9'8" tall. As in most single family houses, my ceilings are 8' tall.
I would like to give this product a five star review, but until I can find a way to hang it, it remains in the box, unused. I am very disappointed.
For those of you who have taken aerial yoga classes and are considering ordering this product, here are some things to consider:
1. This is made of parachute material, it does not have ANY give like the silk swings in most aerial yoga classes, BUT you also don't have to have 10' ceilings to use this in your house. This product is also $77.00 as opposed to $400 or more, so there is a trade off. I was concerned that the parachute fabric would be slippery when I first set this up, it is not, and I feel very secure hanging in this.
2. This swing is not wide enough to lay down flat in, so just laying down in it and relaxing at the end of practice is not going to happen, nor will you be able to do some poses like vampire pose.
3. This product is designed for you to be inverted with the fabric "cupping" your behind, at least where I practice, when you invert backwards, the fabric is roped and placed over the sacrum and you just tilt back (tried it with this, but the parachute fabric is extremely unforgiving). Personally, I don't find this "cupping" method as comfortable, but then again, I am having a difficult time getting the fabric not to ride up. While the swing is too narrow to lay down in, it's very wide for something that's only meant to cup the pelvis/buttocks, so you have to do a lot of bunching up of fabric as you're trying to lean back (the slide clips on the side don't come down far enough to force the fabric not to get too wide and the fabric is not as compactable as silks). However, I am finding this is easier as I use the product, so perhaps there is a break-in period.
4. The handles can add a whole new dimension to your practice that you can't get with the regular silk hammock in a traditional aerial class. I'm finding videos of positions that I am not able to do in class, so consider that while there are some poses that you can't do in this hammock, there are a lot of poses and strengthening exercises that you CAN do with this product that you wouldn't do in a class.
Yogabody, and some people with YouTube channels who own this product have instructional videos online. I would love it if this company would put together a DVD that has all of the poses/exercises in one place because I can tuck a remote in my waistband or bra and pause a dvd, while trying to find a pose on YouTube and having to get in and out of the hammock over and over to click on the next video is a pain. I understand that the company's website sells cards with pictures of the poses, but I want to see video or I'm probably not going to get it right, plus, having cards or a poster while in the swing is a nuisance. I'm sure there are others who would love a video from this company with a routine they can follow for themselves, and modifications for beginner/intermediate/advanced would also be nice.
Top international reviews
Really easy to get the hang of and relatively intuitive.
Has helped me with pretty severe mouse shoulder
Fabric and fixings all seem good quality and long lasting
No worries at all about whether it will take my weight
Doubles up as a nice place to chill out!
The supplied dvd only illustrates how to get in to some poses; a half hour flow example would have been really nice.
Doesn't come with any way to put it up.
Can feel like it's digging in a bit but I think that's because I've got a decent amount of fat on me.
Not a miracle cure for back problems but sure helps and is easier than you'd think and fun to boot! A really great way to start or expand your yoga practice.
Worth a mention:
I mounted mine to a wooden beam in my attic using Sayayo hammock hooks. They've been great.
I currently have it hanging off a pull-up bar in my door frame. I do find it a bit restrictive though and don’t fully trust the bar so am very careful. I have bought ceiling rings which I am going to attach to the joist so will be much better then and will get more height.
It is made from parachute fabric so isn’t as stretchy as the silks that I’m used to. Is good though. I love hanging upside down like a bat. It’s helped my back no end! And then it’s really cool to just lie in there like a hammock :)
It does come with a free dvd but I don’t have a DVD player so couldn’t use it. I’ve found loads of videos explaining setup and techniques online though.
Overall the quality is very good. I’m glad I went for the real thing. After lots of research, I found there are so many inferior, cheap copies out there. It’s worth paying for quality, especially when you are relying on it to support your whole bodyweight hanging upside down!!!
The product is in such a convenient bag and all items within are simple, incredibly sturdy and just as described.
So easy to set up and I personally feel so safe and confident and happy in mine!
I did have a very minor issue, which was sorted out quickly and I am happy.
after just 3 weeks, I LOVE IT.
But it didn't come with a DVD as advertised! thats why its a 3 star!!