YOUCable® Multi-functional HDMI Connection Kit USB OTG SD TF Card Reader MHL to HDMI Adapter for Samsung S3 SIII S4 SIV Note 2
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Patuoxun Multi-functional HDMI Connection Kit USB OTG SD TF Card Reader MHL to HDMI Adapter for Samsung S3 SIII S4 SIV Note 2
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It looks and feels cheap, but it's actually fairly well made. The solder joints on the inside were mucked up, but the components they used were of fair quality and after hitting the joins with a hot iron it looked great.
While the adapter was attached to my Note 2, it felt solid and secure. However, I need to remove my protection case just to use this thing. No matter as I'm probably going to use this without the shell around the adapter eventually anyway.
I'll share how I was able to get full HDMI out, charging, and USB OTG capabilities. Just follow these steps.
1) connect any USB device you want to use, IE keyboard/mouse/etc
2) connect the HDMI cable to the adapter but not to the tv/monitor. Alternatively you can connect to the monitor and not to the adapter. Either way don't connect it to the screen you want to use just yet.
3) connect YOUR charging cable directly from your wall-charger. The cable that was sent with the adapter to provide power must not be high enough quality to power everything and USB does not have enough 'umph' to do it either.
4) plug the adapter into your phone, verify that the phone has recognized your USB device(keyboard/mouse/etc). If not, start over from step 1. If you continue to have issues, your adapter may be defective.
5) now you can connect your HDMI cable to your screen. At first nothing will happen but within 3-5 seconds your phone's screen will turn off and your tv/monitor will turn on.
Over all, it was worth the $12 to get it, just don't forget to get an HDMI cable too if you don't already have one.
The documentation is minimal or non-existant.
I am very savvy with electronics, including phones, PCs and accessories etc, and I am willing to put up with cheap devices, but only when there is some value in doing so. The idea for this device is quite nice, but unfortunately it is so poorly built that it's complete junk.
I have the wireless mouse/keyboard, and they work at the same time when HDMI is plugged. The "back" button on the mouse works but for zooming you have to use your phone's screen (yes, the screen is turned off but still receive commands).
My 2 cents: the micro USB to the phone could be broken easily, so always connect everything else to the adapter first then plug to the phone. And unplug from the phone first before remove others. My HDMI port is hard to plug in but still works.
Update on 5/1/2014:
The screen signal will disconnect sometimes.
The good news: the COMPANY (Good B.Z.) is a first-class operation. The USPS lost my package and I contacted Good B.Z. to ask them to help me trace it. They just shipped me a new one.
THAT'S customer service.
BY THE WAY galaxy s4 is compatible with a USB bus splitter, as in you can plug in a mouse, keyboard, printer and data drive all at the same time.
Most recent customer reviews
But not bad for the price.