"YUM is a MASTERPIECE" ~Sandra Cabot MD, Author of the award winning Liver Cleansing Diet book liverdoctor.com
"The First Book of its Kind" ~BLUSH Magazine
"A thorough, informative cookbook for healthy meals; ideal for those with food restrictions" ~ Kirkus Reviews
"Dr.Theresa Nicassio['s]...psychological background brings a much-needed dimension to the discussion of special diets... " ~Alessio Fasano MD, Director, Center for Celiac Research and Treatment
"... these easy-to-make meals will leave you feeling better than ever." ~ Neal Barnard MD, President of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
"Besides making me wish I was Italian, Theresa represents love in action. Many talk the talk, but she's the real deal--her recipes are full of her generosity and spirit as well as deliciousness!"~ Sharon Hanna, Author of The Book of Kale and The Book of Kale& Friends
From the Author
* Do you or a loved one have a health condition that restricts your food choices?
* Do you crave the freedom to choose food that you actually want to eat instead of what you "should" eat?
* Do you prefer to prepare healthy food in order to feel good, look good and live a long life?
* Are you a healthcare professional who would love a practical resource for your patients who would benefit from making specific dietary changes, but don't know where to start?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then YUM is for you.
Create mouthwatering delights that everyone will love, even those with lactose intolerance, celiac disease, diabetes or other health challenges. Dr. Theresa Nicassio's empathy and compassion for those with food challenges infuses this book, as she empowers you with information and life-enhancing tips for deliciously pleasurable living, in and out of the kitchen. All her recipes are simple enough for a 12-yearold to prepare, making gluten-free, plant-based food a breeze for busy families. Woven through the tapestry of these pages are personal stories and beautiful garden photographs, with practical health notes by a dietitian and a nutritionist highlighting the 180+ dishes. YUM also includes an informative guide to special ingredients (and how to use them), a food allergy and special diet chart for all the recipes, plus tips for creating a more sustainable kitchen. Inspirational and empowering, YUM is a much-needed and long craved-for resource for your body and a feast for your mind and senses.
* Finally, you can have your cake and eat it too! *