- Save $10.00 when you purchase 3 or more Qualifying items offered by GigaParts. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Yaesu FT-60R Dual Band Handheld 5W VHF / UHF Amateur Radio Transceiver
|Price:||$175.99 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Dual Band VHF/UHF 2 Meter & 70cm Amateur Radio.
- CTCSS/DCS (PL & DPL), DTMF, AlphaNumeric Display, Lighted Keypad, Scan modes.
- Receives 108-520Mhz and 700-999.99Mhz (less cell), Transmits 144-148Mhz & 430-470Mhz, Locking mode prevents accidental changes of frequency.
- One Thousand memory Channels, NOAA Weather Alert, Receives Emergency channels in 800-900Mhz, RF Power Output: 5W (High) / 2W (Middle) / 5W (Low)
- Includes 1400mA Battery, Charger, antenna & belt clip.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 2.28 inches, 1.18 inches, 4.29 inches
- Weight: 13.12 ounces
Transmits the Two Meter & 70cm bands (144-148Mhz/430-450Mhz), & receives 108-520Mhz & 700-999Mhz (less cellular).
Features 1,000 Alphanumeric memories, WX alert, PL/dpl, ARTS system, scan modes & more.
Compatible with following Optional available Accessories - MH-37A4B, MH-34B4B, E-DC-5B, EDC-6, CT-44, FBA-25A.
Manufacturer defects reported within the first 7 days may qualify for a direct replacement. If you experience a problem in the first week, please let us know immediately and we help facilitate a speedy resolution. The remainder of your 1 year manufacturer warranty is direct with Yaesu's US headquarters in Southern California. In the unlikely event you should have to return the item for warranty repair or replacement, Yaesu does ask that you cover the shipping cost for returning the radio and they will cover the cost of shipping the repaired or replacement radio back to you.
Top Customer Reviews
It's true that the microphone connection is a phono plug however, the Yaesu external microphone/speaker plug goes in at a right angle so I don't know how anyone has pulled it out accidentally. I never have.
The one negative I have found is that the "0" (zero) key on the keypad activates a function to prefix transmissions with DTMF tones for Yaesu's "WIRES" repeater function. This is of course,very easy to activate accidentally and will send a DTMF prefix whether you meant to or not, reducing your audio to next to nothing so other stations don't hear your call sign or the call sign of the station you are calling. There's a way to disable this but why this feature was not assigned to a function key I don't know.
The build quality of the unit is notable, and definitely a step above other cheap knockoff radios that exist. My radio has held up very well to moderate use, and even survived a couple of spills with no real notable damage. As another review noted, the design of the accessory port leaves something to be desired, although I have found that routing your speaker mic cable under the belt clip aids in keeping the plug seated properly.
Programming the radio by hand is not something I would want to attempt with 50+ channels, but is doable. Get yourself a cable and search around for the software, and it goes much smoother.
Most of my club members have purchased the FT-60R, and the club owns an additional 10. Altogether we have had no real issues with any of them.
I would definitely recommended this HT as a solid performer for any ham looking to pickup an HT.
1) Stock antenna could be improved upon (I won't beat this to death).
2) If you plug in an external mic while unit is powered on, you will inadvertently transmit.
3) Similar to 2), if the external mic plug isn't fully inserted, you will be transmitting.
4) Similar to 2) and 3), mic plug doesn't fit securely and can work their way loose... thereby transmitting along the way.
4) Accessories arent cheap (especially batteries)
5) WIRES is too easy to enable accidentally (see web for fixes). Who uses it?
6) In (default) battery saver mode, "save" icon flashes constantly on display, which can be annoying
7) If you have fat fingers, it's hard to manipulate the volume control, which is packed between antenna and SQU knob.
8) Range of view of display is limited vertically, in terms of its polarization.
For example, if you look from a lower angle (like using while lying in bed) display segments are too dim.
9) When hand-held, you won't see the green/red rx/tx light. It's on top. Probably seen ok if on the belt.
Are thes quirks enough to downgrade from 5 stars? No... this radio rocks. Yet they are still quirks.
This radio is very easy to use and you can usually figure out what you are doing even without the manual because it is rather intuitive as to how to set your tones and program the memory.
It has excellent range and the battery life is amazing, huge improvement over my last radio which was using NiCad primarily. It is quite light weight and fits nicely in your hand to allow for one hand operation.
The only thing I wonder is if this radio could use an upgraded antenna, not sure as of yet.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This proved to be one of my better decisions mostly base on brand loyalty. Every Yaesu product I've had has been outstanding and this one is no exception. Read morePublished 1 month ago by H. B. Zachry
I own 4 of these radios and they are good. But, the picture that shows the radio is the wrong radio. Read morePublished 2 months ago by D. Maurice
This is a great radio for it's price. I don't understand some of the ratings here where people take stars away because it doesn't have the features and capabilities of a high... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Rhino Bob
I have 3 other Yeasu radios and love them. This as well.
Easy setup, great radio and battery. Read more
During my 6 week class to get my HAM technician license, my Elmer (instructor) kept advising to get the. Yaesu ft60R for our first radio. It sure was solid advise! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Reginald Todd
Works fine. Built like a little tank! Also Yaesu tech support is great!!!!Published 4 months ago by Thomas Ansley