Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Yaesu Original FT-2DR 144/430 Dual Band Digital/Analog C4FM/FM Handheld Amateur Transceiver
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- System Fusion Compatible. C4FM Digital V/D Mode, Voice FR Mode, Data FR Mode and Conventional FM. FM friendly digital operation with AMS (Automatic Mode Select)
- Easy Operation with 43 x 43 mm Large Touch Panel Display. 700 mW Loud and Clear Voice Technology. Snapshot Image Data Display with LCD display
- Built-in High Sensitivity 66ch GPS with antenna. Smart Navigation. Snapshot Function and Transmitting Image Data
- Digital Group Monitor. 1200 bps / 9600 bps APRS® Function. V/V, U/U, V/U Dual Watch and C4FM Digital/C4FM Digital Dual Monitor
- Wide Band Receive Capability 0.5 - 999MHz (A Band),180-580MHz (B Band). AF DUAL Monitor. Equipped with microSD Card Slot. GPS Logger records, Cellular band blocked
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
BaoFeng UV-82HP High Power Dual Band Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF) 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham) Portable Two-Way
BaoFeng 1 Pack GT-3WP PoFung GT-3WP Dual Band Two-way Radio, Waterproof Dustproof IP67 Walkie Talkie Transceiver, VHF/UHF 136-174/400-520MHz, Black
BaoFeng Pofung UV-82 Dual Band Two-Way Radio 136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Hamcity com||BaoFeng Tech||Amazon.com||Sanqin|
|Item Dimensions||1.28 x 2.44 x 4.33 in||2.5 x 8.1 x 7 in||2.3 x 1.3 x 4.3 in||2.36 x 2.05 x 11.26 in|
|Style Name||—||UV-82HP||1 Pack||—|
We are pleased to announce the new and advanced FT2DR C4FM/FM 144/430MHz Dual Band Digital Handheld Transceiver. This Exciting leading edge transceiver is designed with ease of use in mind with a full back-lit touch panel display. The 1.7-inch high resolution touch screen display provides loads of information through an easily navigatable interface, providing stress-free operability and a high level of on-screen visibility for the FT2DR operator. The FT2DR is also equipped with AMS (Automatic Mode Select) capability providing FM friendly digital communications that instantly recognizes either digital or FM analog communication and enables co-existance between the various communication modes. In addition, we have also included standard System Fusion features in the FT2DR to make it an ideal digital communication product for all Amateur Radio operators, such as (but not limited to): Snapshot with image data transmitting (requires MH-85A11U), Smart Navigation, Digital Group Monitor (GM) featuring position data and ID data transmitting during transmissions, and full support for the new and robust WiRES-X. The advanced FT2DR is loaded with various new features such as: 700mW of clear loud audio, Built- in High Sensitivity 66ch GPS with antenna, 1200 bps / 9600 bps APRS function, Dual watch (V/V, U/U/, V/U), Dual Monitor (C4FM Digital/C4FM Digital), GPS Logging/Recording capabilities, Water resistant (IPX5 Rating), micro SD Card Slot, and 2200mAh high capacity Li-Ion battery.
Seller Warranty Description1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Wide reception that allows me to listen to a lot going on around me.
- Digital / FM automatic switching: the radio automatically switches to the mode it is hearing. Seriously killer feature WTF icom, what you got???? Or am I missing this on the ID-5100?
- Dual reception for monitoring two channels.
- APRS built in. Have not used this yet, but was happy to see it waiting for me.
I am enjoying Yaesu's System Fusion enough that I am thinking about getting a mobile unit for the car. The only downside, and this is user fail, is its not great inside my SUV. But what do you expect, its a steel box, radios don't like that kind of thing.
I would recommend getting the RT programming software. I will save you the rantings about how far behind the times Yaesu and Icom are. Needless to say RT helps the situation A LOT.
When I purchased this I wanted it like RIGHT NOW, so I paid a little extra. If you are not under time constraints, I would look for cheaper sellers.
1. Size - it's not a little tiny box that gets lost in your hand. It provides a very nice "grip" so the thing isn't falling out of your hand all the time. I do suggest adding an optional wrist strap. Drop your Baofung on a concrete floor - buy a new one. Drop this on a concrete floor - have a couple of beers, cry in them the spend a lot of bucks for a new FT2.
2. Large touch screen display. Roughly 3 times the area of those little screens that you can't see without a magnifying glass. Also, no tiny little buttons to press - most of the menu work is done on large touch screen buttons. The screen is bright and with the new firmware it can be programed to stay on as long as 3 minutes (or constantly). After the light timer runs out, the screen dims but does not go out like on other radios, allowing you to actually see the screen all the time. From my experience, this does not seem to cause a lot of battery loss.
3. Extremely easy and intuitive menu navigation. Like all HT's at this price level, you can say this thing does too much. But, at least it's easy to navigate once you learn the radio's menu protocol.
4. Loud speaker - easily heard. If you can't hear this thing, have your ears checked.
5. Great battery life with the included 2200mAh battery. I haven't done any empirical testing, but suffice to say the battery lasts a long time.
6. Exceptionally easy programming and memory backup when used with RTSystems software (available separately and at additional cost). Although I haven't even tried the "free" Yaesu software, my guess is that it's not nearly as elegant as the RT package. As an example, I downloaded nearly 300 2m and 70cm repeaters in the Houston area to my RT software and then ported that to my FT2 in less than 10 minutes. The transfer included the callsign, freq offset, CTCSS freq, miscellaneous repeater data, notes and required literally no manual entry. Couldn't be easier.
7. Micro SD card capability that provides additional backup and peace of mind
8. This rig does not disappoint on the most important feature of any radio - on air performance. Crisp, clear with great "reach".
In short, not much to dislike but a boatload to love. I would recommend to any Ham friend. If you like those tiny little micro radios where it seems like the antenna weighs more than the radio, don't buy this. However, if you want great features and great performance, look carefully here.
Most recent customer reviews
1 and very big one. When using digital mode it has wisteling sound on reception.Read more