Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yakima KingJoe Pro 2-Bike Trunk Rack
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on August 2, 2011
I got the Yakima KingJoe Pro bike rack after looking all over the internet and bike shops in my area. I looked at all the reviews on the different websites and was struggling to find a great bike rack without spending to much. One of the great things about the KingJoe is that it fits on both of my cars, so I am not limited to just using with one car like a roof rack. I have used it 7 or 8 times so far, and it clings to my Mazda Protege 5. I haven't worried one bit about my bike while traveling down the freeway or going down bumpy roads. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a truck bike rack. It is well worth the money.
on June 29, 2013
We just put this rack on our 2012 Mini Cooper S & it worked perfectly. My wife & I really love our Mini so we were concerned about doing anything that could damage the car. I ordered this rack so we could bring our bikes with us when we go on road trips. I just tested it out on a short trip & it worked perfectly. The guide that Yakima included to specify the spacing between the top & bottom feet was perfect to position the rack between the top of the hatch & the bottom of the license plate frame. I was very careful to follow the instructions exactly & I installed the hooks on the top, sides & bottom of the rear hatch. Once I installed it and tightened the straps it was obvious that this rack wasn't going to move around at all. It was very easy to load the bike onto the carrier & with all the straps installed it was very clear the bikes weren't going to move at all. After taking the bikes on a 40 mile road trip & removed the rack again to make sure that it didn't mar or scratch the paint at all. It did not leave any marks at all. This is a great bike rack! I am really pleased with this purchase.
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2012
Strapped this on the back of my minivan in about 15 minutes. Loaded my bike on and drove 9 hours from central Ohio to South Jersey. Rock solid and very stable. Great product.
on March 4, 2015
I drive a 2009 Honda FIT and have been using this for several months. It works well for two bike with the hatchback. The issue is the sturdy rope used to keep it close has texture that rubs the paint off the car. If they had sleeves to cover this area it would be better. It is also much easier to set up with two people because it is a bit heavy. The clasp used to hold the bike is also a bit difficult to use. It is a rubber strap that pulls over a small petrusion on the other side of the strap.
on November 30, 2013
Bike rack works great. Just a heads up, I have a mountain bike full suspension, needed to get the tube top crossbar so the bike would fit. Ideally this rack works good with one large bike and a smaller bike. Had some trouble fitting two mountain bikes on there. Got them on and they are secure, just needed some extra adjusting. Overall I am happy with the rack.....
on July 26, 2015
This is a great rack! It fits both my 2014 Civic and my 2011 Sonata with just some minor adjustments. I used a sharpie to mark the positions on the rack for each car. I store the rack in my trunk and it only takes moments to mount it and I'm on my way.

9 months later...

I have found that the bolts that holds the pieces together loosen slightly each time I open and close the arms of the rack. It completely fell apart one day as I was installing the rack, but fortunately I found the bolt and repaired it. I just need to be diligent in tightening the bolts onto the nuts frequently.

I also had one of the rubber "chain straps" that hold the bike on the rack break when I was stretching it across my bike frame as I mounted the bike on the rack. I called Yakima customer service and they are sending me a replacement.

I have read comments from other customers who have had these straps break. Because of this design defect, I am deducting one star.
on September 27, 2014
Very solid, easy to mount and remove, bike is steady at 85 mph. Yakima customer service is great - tried this on my 2011 Escape and it didn't seem right, although I had adjusted it per the manual. Emailed Yakima and they double-checked for me - it turns out that there was a typo on the adjustment chart for my model and year. They even double-checked the adjustment measurement for my other vehicle; they were svery prompt and helpful, and I'm delighted with the rack.
on June 21, 2016
Wonderful bike rack! Recently bought one for a 2500 mile drive on a 2012 Civic Sedan.. Rack and bike did great! Bike and car made it without a scratch. Almost no movement of the bike at 90+Mph speeds.
on July 12, 2016
I thought I had reviewed this already, but alas, not. The rack is light, which is good. The rubber pads that contact the rear hatch and bumper seem to be safe for the car's finish but I also applied Clearbra to those areas for extra protection. The only quip I have, which is annoying, it that the nylon straps are difficult to really tighten or cinch into place with the ratcheting buckles. If you tighten the top strap, it's hard to tighten the side straps because they are connected. Perhaps, separate adjustment buckles would allow a tighter fit. As it stands, they are lax and loose and I worry about the rack just moving around the back. This needs to be fixed. I had a Thule rack , the Raceway, that had it right, by using dials to tighten the cables, not straps, for a really secure fit. Only issue is , other than cost, the Thule weighed a lot.
on August 7, 2012
Great rack, rubber holders are strong. The only thing - for hatchbacks, thick rubber bar that leans on the rear window abstracts rear view.