Yakima SkyBox 21 Rooftop Cargo Box (21 cubic feet)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag with high gloss automotive quality finish to complement your vehicle
- Yakima Skybox Pro 21 is perfect for hauling gear for up to 5 campers. Great for snowboards and skis up to 215cm.
- SuperLatch security ensures your lid is secure to its base, internal lid stiffeners for added rigidity to ensure your gear is safe also comes with SKS Lock Cores included
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle and rear or cargo box is tapered for improved hatch clearance
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Visit the Yakima/Whispbar Fit-My-Car site to match a car rack to your car. After you select your custom rack and accessories, the selections will be transferred to your Amazon.com Shopping Cart so you can check out or keep shopping.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Yakima Skybox Pro 21 is perfect for hauling gear for up to 5 campers. Great for snowboards and skis up to 215cm. Internal lid stiffeners add rigidity while the SuperLatch ensures security. Quick-release mounting hardware fits most crossbars.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-4 of 77 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) taken two week long vacation trips, 7-8 hours each with it through ran and wind, and left it on driving around town - the unit was fine and dry through all of that... until we made it home - the rear hinge that holds up the pod when you open (similar to a hood prop function) popped off the body of it from the inside - the two rivets holding on the bottom portion just came out. No big deal, I riveted it, but just saying - it's not indestructible. Because I used a cargo net on the gear inside, I tend to think it was vibration that knocked it loose.
2) Good news story. I won't say who, but the fine lady I'm married to drove into the garage with it still on one afternoon. Despite my daughter verbalizing, "mommy broke the car", much to my shock, there was no structural damage, creases or problems with the locking mechanisms.. Besides it looking like a large skunk for a couple days, it came out virtually unscathed.
The item was packed very well to protect it during shipping. The directions were clear, and it was fairly easy to mount (definitely a two person job). But, even with the clamps adjusted to move the box as far as possible away from the rear hatch, the rear door does not open all of the way without bumping into the SkyBox. (I can still open the hatch far enough to get in and out, let a dog out its crate, etc.)
The box itself seems very well constructed, and the 21 holds a ton. This weekend we used it for the first time for an agility trail (competition with dogs). I had a pop-up canopy in its case (60 pounds), a couple of chair, and other miscellaneous items, and still had space. So, if you plan to carry quite a bit, AND the 21 will fit your car, I suggest going with it (over the 16).
My only complaint is with Yakima's fit system where it says based on my car, that the unit fits (it does...but it bumps the rear hatch door).
Quality product. Love it.
The only thing that concerns me right now is the interior hinges, that allow the box to be opened from either side. They are plastic instead of metal, and don't appear as 'solid' as I'd like. Yakima DOES back their products with a lifetime warranty (for the original owner, that is), so I guess I can't complain too much.
I've yet to take this on an extended trip, so don't have data in regards to reduction in MPG. It looks pretty aerodynamic, though.
Final word: the box is HUGE. Amazon amazed me with how fast they got this product to us, free shipping and all.
I'll post more as applicable.