Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on March 24, 2013
These are high quality, well made, excellent fitting ice thingamabobs... What I like MOST about them is that they have a velcro strap that wraps up around the top of your shoe that ensures that they don't fall off in the snow or on ice without you noticing... I've lost too many that way and began buying florescent orange ones so I could find them... No need with these... They won't come off unless you TAKE them off...

As for their purpose to prevent falls/slips on the ice, they cannot be beat! The rolled wire is rigid/sturdy and exceptionally effective in preventing slips on the ice... Even where other products have failed, these worked...

Sizewise, they fell in line with the size expected... If you want to put them on a 'regular winter boot' or shoe, choose your normal size... However, if you want to put them on a snowmobile type boot, go up a size because those boots are true to size INSIDE but not outside, so the yaktrax need to be a little bigger to fit such a style of boot... But there is plenty of stretch to them, so use good judgment there... Don't upsize for something that still falls into the size range... But if you have snowmobile boots (like I do) that are physically the size of boots a size or two larger, don't expect the yaktrax to 'know or anticipate that'... If you guess wrong, they are exchangable.... So, don't blame the product for that... But, be the wiser and ask the seller after measuring the boot...

I love mine... and plan to get some for all of my loved ones... They are THAT good!
on January 31, 2017
A friend recommended these, and I am so glad! I am working at a conference this week in the mountains. Every day, it warms up enough to melt the snow into big puddles. Then the temperature drops overnight, and in the morning the pathways are sheets of ice! I have had NO problems walking on the ice with my new Yaktrax. They are light, easy to put on and take off, and--most important-- really effective. I am a fast walker, which has not been a problem at all--I could even run in these, I'm sure. Thanks for a great product!
on July 2, 2015
Perfect yaktrax are the best protection you can buy from slipping on ice, they are extremely slippery when entering a store with tile floors they are the best protection in the USA and would recommend them to the elderly for winter use but must be taken off to enter stores there are ok with carpeted floors, other types that have small chains are not good they get clogged up with ice and become more slippery than your shoes unless you stomp your feet hard to break the ice off regularly, dangerous, yaktraxs clean themselves because of there design. Do not slip and break your bones. Make sure that you order the correct size small means shoes, for winter boots you need extra large.
on February 16, 2015
These are fabulous! I want a pair for all my shoes! I live in the Midwest and we have had a lot of cold and frozen days. I run early in the mornings and the roads are extremely icy. I strapped these on my running shoes and off I went without a care of slipping and falling. They fit over the bottom of the shoe tight and secure without worry of slipping off. At first, they feel a bit strange - and do not walk on tile or wood floors with them on. They are slippery on things inside your house. Once outside - You will feel a little grip that's the confidence to keep going. Smartest Purchase I ever made.
on February 5, 2015
These treads are great! They fit on my smaller size 7 sneakers and my bulkier size 7 snow/hiking boots. Surprisingly, the coils and rubber do offer a cushion so it doesn't feel like you are walking on barb wire or anything like that. Helped me walk up and down a hill and across partially frozen snowy roads.
on February 18, 2016
I love my yaktrax❤❤
im going to order another pair for hubby....i walk on icy like nothing ..i felt so safe...5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
And 4 of my co workers order them too!
on April 24, 2016
These are great. Wish I had them years ago. You feel so secure walking on icy sidewalks. The weather is so weird these days that I don't need them that often, but when I do, they are great.
on February 3, 2017
I purchased these for my entire family. Especially great fir people who are prone to slipping. Older adults, etc.
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2011
These are fantastic! You can stop reading and just buy a pair or two or more, and give them as gifts as I do. They are literally life-savers on the slick ice. I've bought these for family members, friends, and others have bought them after hearing me rave about them. I don't go outside without them in slick weather.

You just slip them over your shoes or boots, as close to the door as possible, because you don't want to walk with them inside. They might damage the floor and they are slick to walk on inside. Great outside!

My neighbor across the street was shocked when I rang his doorbell in a huge ice storm, to bring his mail to him. He said, "How did you do that? There is no way anyone could make it up that steep driveway." I showed him the Yaktrax and he said, "If that's what did it, I'm buying some" and he did. Now he brings my mail when we have ice and snow.

Usually we have more ice than snow, and these work really well with the kinds of ice storms we have. Then we had a snow storm, and they worked equally well. Finally, we had a different kind of snow, which packed into the Yaktrax. They still worked, but the snow was so fine, I guess, and there was so much of it, that it was still treacherous walking out there.

All-in-all, I think everyone should have these if you have snow and ice in winter.

I've learned to put these on when I'm right by the door with something to hold onto. They are slick to walk on inside. They won't do your floor any good either.

EDITED years after getting my first pair. I've given away half a dozen now. I don't know how I made it without them. Our weather has been crazy with icy winters. Before getting these I remember some really dangerous situations. These are literally life-savers in my opinion. I even keep a pair in my car for times when it gets slick while I'm out for the day.
on November 18, 2013
I fell on a icy driveway and really hurt my back terribly. I bought these and it was the best thing I could have purchased for icy weather. You can literally run across an ice rink and not fall. They give you confidence when walking across ice and make you feel much safer. I recommend this product to anyone!!!!!