- File Size: 166 KB
- Print Length: 62 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Misanthopic Prose (October 11, 2005)
- Publication Date: October 11, 2005
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007QQBUKA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,712,603 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Yakuza Tale: A Choose Your Own Fate Story Kindle Edition
Featured Recent Releases
Browse the following mystery, thriller & suspense recent releases to find your next great read.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The other issue is your character is really just an unlikable hot headed thug, with some old stereotypical japnese samurai "honour" things tacked on, and will often do stupid things if you didn't choose the one choice the author wanted, just to forcibly end a branch (needlessly killing a woman and throwing her off the balcony, while trying to keep a low profile and operating in a limited time frame, for instance).
The other problem is, 7 of the 8 endings are bad. If you make the wrong choice at the start of the book, you lose no matter what. You can make every single decision after that perfectly, and believe you are getting through the book, but you will then a diablous ex machina will happen and you will find yourself at a bad ending. Then you can select go back to the last choice and get killed/arrested on the other branch. If you make the correct choice at the start of the book you just need to pick the choice the author essentially urges you to pick to get a good ending, or else you'll die horribly and pointlessly.
The writing is ok, but nothing stand out, and the book is short, though not unreasonably short for its price.. I guess. If you are desperately looking for a choose your own adventure book for the Kindle, and you don't mind something with immature, sterotypicaly, and perhaps offensive writing, with the choice aspect being fairly weak, you can do worse than this book, I guess.
Looking for voting buttons? Sorry, we don't let customers vote on their own reviews.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Organized Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Organized Crime