Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Yamaha ATS-1050-R Factory Recertified Refurbished ...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 59% off the $249.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Yamaha ATS-1050-R Factory Recertified Refurbished Sound Bar with Bluetooth and Dual Built-in Subwoofers
|Price:||$139.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$16.53 (11%)|
- Ultra slim design perfectly complements the look of your TV; deep, rich bass from dual built-in subwoofers
- Simple setup with a single-cable Connection; wall-mountable with flexible orientation
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from a smartphone or tablet
- Yamaha factory refurbished items are products, which may have been purchased and opened by a consumer, but have been tested, inspected, and repackaged by Yamaha.
- Yamaha factory refurbished sound bars comes with a 1-year Yamaha factory warranty only when purchased from authorized Yamaha dealers.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Yamaha knows music
As one of the world's largest musical instrument manufacturer and home theater innovator, Yamaha knows how to make your TV, movies and music their absolute best.
Sound Bar with Dual Built-in Subwoofers
Enjoy clear, full-range sound from an ultra- slim sound bar that fits neatly in front of your TV or mounts gracefully to a wall under it. Setup is a breeze with a single-cable connection to your TV while Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream music from your iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Ultra-slim design perfectly complements the look of your TV
- Deep, rich bass from dual built-in subwoofers
- Simple setup with a single-cable connection
- Wall-mountable with flexible orientation
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming
- Home Theater Controller app
While many sound bars will block some of your TV screen, the ATS-1050-R stands at just a touch over two inches tall fitting beautifully in front of today’s slim TV’s without blocking any of the view.
Home Theater Controller App for Easy Operation
The free controller app for iOS and Android lets you easily perform a variety of operations from your phone or tablet. The Input Selection screen lets you select the audio source while the Sound Adjustment screen lets you quickly turn the Clear Voice and Bass Extension functions on and off, and adjust the subwoofer volume. You can also select five surround modes: Movie, Sports, Game, Music and TV program.
Simple Setup with a Single-cable Connection
Setup is a breeze with a single digital optical cable connection to your TV. Optical cable is included in the box.
AIR SURROUND XTREME Provides Spacious Sound
The ATS-1050-R employs AIR SURROUND XTREME, a Yamaha-exclusive virtual surround technology that reproduces 7.1-channel surround sound with excellent imaging and rich presence.
TV Remote Control Learning Function
The ATS-1050-R offers a learning feature that allows you to turn the sound bar On/ Off and control its volume level using your TV’s remote control — a great way to reduce the number of remote controls on your coffee table.
|Output Power||120 W total||120 W total||200 W total|
|Drivers||Dual 2-1/2"||Front L / R (Dual 2-1/8") Tweeters (Dual 3/4" )||Dual 2-1/8"|
|Subwoofer Type||Dual built-in 3"||Dual built-in 3"||Wireless 6-1/2”|
|Home Theater Controller App||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Digital Inputs||2 optical, 1 coaxial||1 optical, 1 coaxial||1 optical, 1 coaxial|
|Analog Input / Output||1 in||1 in (Stereo mini) / Subwoofer out||1 in|
|Sound Bar Dimensions (W x H x D)||35" x 3-5/8" x 4-1/2"||Tabletop (35” x 2-1/8” x 5-1/8”) Wall mount (35” x 5-1/8” x 2-3/8” (with spacer)||34-7/8” x 3-1/8” x 4-3/4”|
|Subwoofer Dimensions (W x H x D)||-||-||11-3/8” x 11-1/2” x 12-1/2”|
Enjoy clear, full-range sound from an ultra Slim sound bar that fits neatly in front of your TV or can be gracefully wall-mounted under it. Setup is a breeze with a single-cable connection to your TV while Bluetooth lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Top Customer Reviews
I had 3 major criterias for a soundbar:
1) better than my 65" TV speakers. Checked
2) Bluetooth and optical input (only options for my TV). Checked
3) I did not want something overwhelming loud like a commercial theater. The size and loudness had to be civilized. Checked
Bonus: It can also be used as a stand alone sound system to listen to music wirelessly (bluetooth) from a phone or tablet.
At first, I thought the refurbished soundbar was dead on arrival, but it turns out the included batteries for the remote were dead, which is odd, because I don't think I've ever received included batteries that were just completely dead before for any other purchase I've made, but that was a simple fix as I have lots of AAAs lying around (my old Vizio uses the same batteries, and those batteries are still going strong after 4 years).
And, unlike some soundbars (*cough*my old vizio*cough*), this one also has physical buttons on the soundbar itself in case you lose your remote or have no batteries (that's how I realized the included batteries were dead).
It looks brand new with all the annoying clear decals to peel off and everything.
As long as there isn't some known defect that's going to cause this thing to self destruct within a year, this is a huge steal at its current price.
I purchased this unit almost on accident, looking to order a more robust unit, but gave it a go anyway. Here are some key things to know.
• The unit was super simple to install, and get going. I only glanced at the instructions. The remote is also easy to figure out. The app downloaded fine on my iPhone, and was a little more complicated, but worked as well.
• This is not the same as a full surround system. Not even close. Even it's "extreme" surround feature is just a little more stereo imagery than regular "stereo" setting. If you want full surround, buy a surround system.
• The bass on this system is okay. Not closed to a subwoofer at all, but not thin either. Just average I'd say. But for being just a bar, that's not bad.
• The Clear Voice feature is slightly noticeable. After all the stellar reviews on it, perhaps my expectations were too high.
• I own a Sony Brava top of the line TV from a couple years back with good stereo speakers built in. I was expecting this sound bar to be significantly better after all the reviews on how this blows away TV speakers, but it was not. It was only slightly better. If you own an average TV, this bar will probably be a noticeable improvement. On a TV with high quality speakers, probably not. Go for something bigger.
• The volume on this bar was able to get louder than my Sony TV. But I have a fairly small living room, where that wasn't necessary most of the time.
All in all, I'd say for the money this is a good buy if you just need a decent bar. However, if you are like me and looking for a really good sound system, you're going to need a higher end bar, plus a sub woofer, or a full surround system.
So what does it do?
1. It beats the pants of any stock TV speakers.
2. The "clear voice" option allows for listening at lowered volumes and still clearly understanding every word. This is especially handy if you have a napping baby in the house.
3. It saves tons of space over most alternatives and can even be wall mounted!
4. It produces good sound for most music and general TV.
1. It doesn't have thumping bass. This was not an issue for me but I know is for some.
2. Not really good for movies but is not that horrible either. In other words one might say if space or budget are issues then it meets minimal sound standards and will due but will not give you mind blowing sound.
3. Adds an additional remote to the mix that will only have some limited functionality with a universal remote.
Overall impression: I'd buy it again and I definitely recommend if you feel the positives I've listed out way the negative.