Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Yamaha DTX522K Customizable Electronic Drum Kit wi..." and save 66% off the $2,200.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Yamaha DTX522K Customizable Electronic Drum Kit with 3-Zone Textured Silicone Snare Pad
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- FREE iOS Apps allow easy customization, song importing, and training programs
- XP80 3-zone textured silicon snare pad with realistic feel, dynamics, and rimshots
- 3-zones of expression on ride, crash, and hi-hat cymbal pads
- The included DTX502 Module provides 691 Drum and percussion sounds, plus layer and import options
- Kick Pedal not included
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Using proprietary laser technology to analyze drum strokes, we precisely tuned the triggering, resulting in a more natural feeling and smoother snare drumrolls.
XP80 3-Zone Textured Silicone Snare Pad
Becoming a good drummer takes endless hours of dedicated practice. With this in mind, we at Yamaha designed DTXdrums to make practicing more fun, focusing on giving the DTX pads a feel that would let drummers simply enjoy playing. The head of the XP80 is filled with air bubbles of a size and density that have been carefully arrayed to provide a feel that actually entices drummers to play. These bubbles also act as a cushion when the drum is hit, so that you can play for extended periods without worrying about harming your arms or wrists.
Realistic Cymbal 'Choke' Feature
The DTX522K features our professional 3-zone cymbal pads, which can express a different sound in each of the cup, bow and edge zones. These cymbals have a good stick feel and low acoustic noise, which is essential for electronic drums when used for private practice. In addition to a very natural swaying motion, they also have the 'choke' function 360-degrees around the edge. You can even mute the cymbal before striking it - a DTX exclusive feature!
DTX502 Drum Trigger Module
The powerful DTX502 module has a 32 note polyphonic tone generator, 691 Drum and percussion sounds, 50 preset drum kits from a wide span of genres, plus layer and import options. That's almost twice the wave ROM and over 250 more sounds than its predecessor and features new drum and cymbal samples from top VST developers. Voices inherited from other DTX modules have been updated for improved playability and sound.
Free iOS Apps included!
Learn to play your favorite songs with an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch by seeing where to hit the drums in musical time. Yamaha's free Songbeats App allows you to easily create custom accompaniments for drums, putting your drumming at the center of the band. 1000 songs are built right into the app. Or import MIDI music files directly into your DTX502 module using the free MusicSoft app. You can slow the tempo of the accompaniment or mute the part for one hand to practice at your own pace.
Whether you're playing on stage or in the studio, the Yamaha DTX522K electronic drum kit gives you a lot of bang for your buck. The response is incredibly realistic, and the three-zone cymbal and snare pads add another dimension of realism to your playing. From smooth snare rolls and cymbal swells to cymbal chokes and mutes, the DTX522K simply sounds great. And when you're practicing your chops, handy practice features like a fun scoring function help you hone your skills. If you're eager to get into electronic drums and demand responsive and expressive feel, you need to check out the Yamaha DTX522K electronic drum kit.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other than that, I have had no issues. The sound quality is excellent, and coming from Abletons stock drums, this is a god send. It sets up nice and solid. It feels nice and responsive as well. I have no others to compare this too, and I think I wont need any other set for a good long time.
- Many good sounding kits to select from. Sounds really good with headphones.
- Toms, cymbals, hardware all feel pretty durable.
- While playing... hitting the toms, cymbals and kick isn't annoyingly loud. (doesn't bother me with headphones on;)
- Able to add additional toms, cymbals or kick. Wasn't really sure how to do this at first. Took some time to figure out. I've added two (TP65) toms and will probably add an additional tom and cymbal. You can add a TOTAL of 4 toms, cymbals or kick. You can split the 3 tom inputs and there's an additional input in the kick. To do this you will need a mono cable and a L/R splitter to stereo cable, to split each tom. Once you add the new tom, there are instructions in the included book that tells you how to change the voice/sound of the tom/cymbal.
- I cast my tablet to my TV and watch/play along with uToob. I have the output speaker cable on the tv going to the module. So, I can listen, watch and play. Search drumless songs on uToob.. it's a blast.
This is a pro and a con... the kit is very compact, which is good for me... but, for someone tall... or accustom to playing an acoustic set, this may be an issue for them.
- After only playing for about 40hrs on the set... the kick stopped working. Actually.. it didn't completely stop, I just had to really stomp on the pedal to get the kick to trigger. Changed cables.. drum kits and still continued to have the issue. Because it's still under warranty... I called Yamaha customer service. They walked me through checking a couple other things.. but nothing worked. They said they would get another kick sent out. Ok... great. However.. they didn't tell me it's on back order for over a month. Ok.. so now what. Like I said.. I'm not in a band... I don't have any gigs coming up. But, I do have an $800 kit sitting in the basement that I would like to play. Not much fun playing without a kick. So, I'm going to order another kick. That way I'll have a back up when one or the other break.. I can keep playing while I'm waiting for a replacement.
- Ok.. next issue. Now the snare drum is starting to do the same thing. Again, it doesn't stop working all the time.. but it does stop working. I continue playing... probably another 10 hits.. then it works again. I think I'll wait until I have a kick to start playing again before I work on replacing the snare. I'll use one of the toms as a snare while I'm waiting for the replacement on that one.
- I don't think this set would suit the advanced player looking to get into an electric set. I would probably go with another brand or up in model numbers - if you have the money.
- Snare drum clamp/post that attaches to the frame does not stay in place. After a short time, I find the snare at a 45degree angle. I'll have to look into how I can keep the snare from rotating down. I'm not a hard hitter... the frame is just smooth.
- The kick moves away as you play/kick the pedal. I initially put a rug under the kit to help keep the kick from moving. It does have spikes that should keep the kick from moving... but, all this does is tear up the carpet. So, what I had to do is put down rug tape under the carpet -so the carpet doesn't move-, then I put a piece of 1/2" x 6" x 3' wood between the base legs and the kick. Looks hacky, but it does the job.
- The app they offer only works with apple. Plus you would need a pricey cord/adapter to use the app. Seems they would make an android app that is usb to micro. Maybe they'll have something down the road, if enough people ask for it.
I was going to give it 3 stars because of the issue with the kick and snare, but I figure... the pros out way the cons for this set.
- 4 solid stars.
So, if you're looking for a mid range value electronic drum set... this would probably work for you.
That's my two cents on this set. Hope it helps.
Most recent customer reviews
1. It has great sounds and the quality of the samples are outstanding.