Other Sellers on Amazon
Yamaha EPH-30BL In-Ear Headphones (Black)
|Price:||$39.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Dynamic inner ear headphones
- Gold plate stereo mini plug
- Has three different size ear pads for comfort
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$15.03|
|Sold By||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Quantum Networks||accessories4less|
|Item Dimensions||1.25 x 6.38 x 4.25 in||1.3 x 6.4 x 3.4 in||5 x 7.8 x 3.8 in||3.94 x 7.87 x 7.87 in||0.39 x 0.79 x 47.24 in||2.38 x 1.25 x 6.75 in|
|Additional Features||lightweight, tangle-free-cord||lightweight, tangle-free-cord||lightweight, tangle-free-cord||foldable, tangle-free-cord||Noise-Cancelling-Feature||lightweight|
The Yamaha EPH-30 Earphones Feature Cool Styling, Easy Comfort, and Great Sound Premium sound meets maximum comfort (available in black or white) Enjoy premium sound from your MP3 player, iPod, or home stereo with maximum listening comfort, noise isolation, and high fidelity with Yamaha's advanced in-ear headphones.
From the Manufacturer
The Yamaha EPH-30 Earphones Feature Cool Styling, Easy Comfort, and Great Sound
Premium sound meets maximum comfort
(available in black or white)
- Superior audio performance delivers deep bass, clear midrange, and crisp highs
- Canal-type earphones isolate external ambient noise
- Snug, comfortable fit with three ear bud sizes included
- High efficiency to maximize MP3 player battery life
- Rugged, durable construction
- Available in black or white
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Driver Unit: 9mm
- Impedance: 16.0 +/-3dB
- Frequency Range: 20Hz--21kHz
- Cable Length: 48" (R is longer from split)
- Plug: 3.5mm gold stereo mini
- Included Ear Pads: 3 sizes (small, medium, large)
- Weight: 15g (w/cable), 3g (w/o cable)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First impression: Ear buds appear to be well made. Sound quality is good. I like the unequal length earbud cords. I think it makes them easier to wear. Cord length is good. I appreciate the gold plated plug.
At this price point I expected a case of some sort. Buds are adequate but I prefer foam ones so I normally swap the standard ones.
We'll see how they last.
Speaking as a musician with a home studio I prefer a nice flat frequency response from my monitors, even for daily listening. Initially I thought these Yamahas were bass heavy. A week later either they have broken in nicely or I've grown used to their sound. Regardless, they seem to have great response accross the frequency spectrum. They remain a bit bass heavy, but "full" is the word I would use to sum up their sound.
The chord is a little different and perhaps off-putting initially. The left ear bud is a mere 6-7 inches beyond the "Y." Meanwhile, the right ear bud has a long lead in order to route it behind the neck and into the ear canal. This has the effect of hanging the cord permanently off-center on the left side of your body. If you're working with your hands at all and are also right-handed this turns out to be a great setup. While I found it strange at first, after one day at work with these buds the advantages were obvious.
Personally, I don't think you need to spend much more than this price point to acheive accurate, quality sound. Certainly these are worth the price premium over the less expensive ear buds on the market.
I was a bit skeptical at the price. Does the price correlate to the quality of the earphones? When I received the product, the answer is both yes and no.
- The package came in a very compact vacuum sealed plastic package. It comes with 3 different sized ear pieces (small, medium - default, large). I believe the medium is the universal size and I didn't have any problem or discomfort when putting them in my ears. However, ears do come in different sizes, hence, the two additional sized ear pieces.
- A lot of the reviews dislike the length of the left and right side of the earphones. The right side is longer than the left. I actually like this design. To the people who are unfamiliar with this design may have the right side wire dangle under their chin. I actually wrap the longer right side over the back of my neck. So now instead of having two potential wires get caught on my bag strap or jacket buttons, there's only one that I have to worry about.
- Because the price is so affordable, I won't feel as bad replacing these than something that cost me $100-$500. I was devastated when my other in-ears faltered. However, because these are really decently priced, I won't mind purchasing another pair, maybe 2 or 3.
- The actual sound is very clear, but a little fine tuning is required. (will explain in the "No" section).
- Although the package did come in a very compact package, it only came with custom foam, pre-cut so the ear phones. No carrying case like other expensive ear-phones do. You'll have to be very careful during travel.
- The width of the wires do seem a little thin. I am very careful with all my ear-phones, but it is inevitable that they will eventually break. Because I only got these, I have yet to experience any mishaps. If they do break, I will definitely take up their warranty and try to get them replaced. I will update this review if that ever happens and my experience with their customer service.
- Sound. EXTREMELY BASS HEAVY. Because I am on the go a lot, I have an iPod shuffle with me. Something simple so I can listen to music and easily go to the next track if I want to with a push of a button. Unfortunately, the shuffle does not have an on-screen navigation system to the equalizer. I had to actually go within my iTunes playlist and change each song's EQ manually, which was a bit annoying. However, when I lower the bass, the bass is almost not present. So it's either no bass or a lot of bass. Nothing in the middle, which is a little disappointing.
Overall, the product is great so far. I've used them for a week and nothing bad yet other than it being bass heavy. I would buy this to temporarily replace higher end products.
Sound quality is very good; bass is nice and strong but treble may be a tad high. These also have a pretty low impedance, meaning that for the same volume level on a device they produce louder sound than most other headphones. I've noticed that my mp3 player lasts slightly longer with these headphones as a result.
For the record, these earbuds have a straight plug, not an 'L' shape plug, which can be good or bad. Yes, it is designed with the right cord much longer than the left, but I consider this a plus since it allows me to hang it around my neck and makes it easier to distinguish the right and left sides.
Most recent customer reviews
It's the best !!!