- Get a 30 day FREE trial for Fender Play digital guitar lessons when you buy any acoustic or electric guitar or amp sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar, Natural" and save 56% off the $495.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Musical Instruments Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor for Covered Repairs plus Accidental Damages Caused by Drops and Spills
- 5 Business Day Depot Service Repair Guarantee (When Received in Depot Center, Subject to Replacement Parts Availability)
- Plan Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Cost
- See Product Description for Details Including Limitations and What is Not Covered
Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar, Natural
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Rosewood Back & Sides
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Rosewood Bridge
- Diecast Tuners
- this guitar has an adjustable truss rod
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
50 Years of History
The history of Yamaha‘s FG series started in 1966 with the release of the FG180 and FG150. Over the 50 years since its introduction, we have developed and produced several generations of FG - all of which have made FG the ideal acoustic for contemporary players. In all, there have been over 200 FG models since 1966.
The YAMAHA FG/FS 800 Series
When it was introduced in 1966, the Yamaha FG proved that a great acoustic guitar didn’t need to cost a fortune. With a focus on great playability, musical tone and outstanding build quality, the original FG180 quickly became a classic with countless careers and hit records starting life on an FG. 50 years since the introduction of the FG acoustics, the new range features the best-ever FG tone and the same great playability and class-leading quality that’s made it the choice of millions of guitarists.
The 800 Series has a louder and stronger sound in the low to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition.
Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
The 800 Series features a new scalloped bracing pattern; an ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board, while bringing out more of the natural sound of the instrument.
The Power of Choice
2 body shapes, including an all-new FS concert size; 5 grades featuring different tonewood options; a myriad of color options; acoustic or electric-acoustic models. Whatever the personality of your music, there’s an FG to match.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control, each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
|Models||Dreadnought, Concert||Dreadnought, Concert, 12-String, Left-Handed||Dreadnought, Concert||Dreadnought||Dreadnought, Concert|
|Top||Solid Sitka Spruce||Solid Sitka Spruce||Solid Sitka Spruce||Solid Sitka Spruce||Solid Mahogany|
|Back & Sides||Nato||Mahogany||Rosewood||Flamed Maple||Mahogany|
|Finish Options||Natural||Natural, Black, Autumn Burst, Brown Sunburst, Sunset Blue, Turquoise, Ruby Red||Natural, Tobacco Sunburst, Autumn Burst, Dusk Sun Red||Natural||Natural|
Compare with similar items
Fender Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strings, Strap, Picks, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and Polishing Cloth
Seagull S6 Original Acoustic Guitar
Bristol BD-16 Dreadnaught Acoustic Guitar
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany GS Mini Acoustic Guitar , Sapele, Mahogany Top
Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag - Natural
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Austin Bazaar||Gear Hero HQ||Amazon.com||GearNuts||My Music Life|
|Back Material Type||rosewood||Agathis||Cherry||Mahogany||Sapele||Agathis|
|Body Material Type||Rosewood||laminated-wood||cedar;Wild Cherry||Spruce;Mahogany||mahogony;sapele||laminated-wood|
|Fretboard Material Type||rosewood||Rosewood||Rosewood||Rosewood||Ebony||Rosewood|
|Hand Orientation||right||Right Handed||Right Handed||Right Handed||Right Handed||Ambidextrous|
|Item Dimensions||20.7 x 42.5 x 6.1 in||6 x 45.79 x 17.8 in||18.5 x 46 x 7.5 in||16 x 40 x 5 in||42 x 18 x 8 in||7 x 43 x 17 in|
|Neck Material Type||nato||Agathis||Maple||Mahogany||Sapele||Agathis|
|Number of Strings||6||6||6||6||6||6|
|Top Material Type||spruce||Spruce||Cedar||Spruce||Mahogany||Spruce|
Rich overtones and improved sustain thanks to the rosewood back and sides deliver improved sound through greater depth. The appearance, with abalone inlay around the sound hole, is more luxurious and an obvious step-up.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is the breakdown of the guitar so far.
1. The sound is amazing. It has crisp highs, nice mids, and ample bass. I am very impressed on how balanced the tones are. Everytime I strum a chord, I get chills. I absolutely love it.
2. In addition to a great sound, I needed a guitar of great quality, and the quality control on this model is phenomenal. The neck is super sturdy, very stable, and the action of the strings are awesome. I have bigger fingers, so for my personal preference, I will lower the action just a little bit so it will be easier to play. Also the Solid Sitka Spruce Top and the Flamed Maple Back and sides, gives a really beautiful appearance, and I love the gloss finish, and the finish on the neck is amazing. I can slide all the way down the neck and my fingers don't stick to it. In my opinion, with the quality control, scalloped bracing, and the sound, this guitar is worth more than 400 dollars. If I were to put a value on this, it's worth at least 900 dollars. It's that good all the way around.
Cons: I can't say anything bad about this guitar. The only annoying thing is there is a small piece of wood floating around in the body somewhere. I'll slightly shake the guitar and I can hear it, but that is no big deal.
Honestly, I had a debate between getting the FG830, FG840, or the FG850. All of them had a great sound, but the tones from the other two guitars didn't fit my style of playing. I am a beginner/improver, so in a way, I'm still learning, and all of them would have served me well, but I just loved the sound from the FG840 that I couldn't pass it up for myself.
Get this guitar. You will not be disappointed.
Update - 11-26-2017
To this day, I am still impressed, and the more I play it, the better it sounds. The lows and mids are starting to add overtones. The bass is more boomy and I absolutely love it. The guitar is being well played "I play at least 2 hours a day".
Build quality and durability: I am extremely impressed. I have accidentally tapped my guitar on hard surfaces, and dropped my capo on the top of the guitar, and guess what, not a scratch, or dent. That's amazing. This continues to show that this guitar is quality built. I'm super happy with this purchase.
Guitar still plays and sounds great. Although now I have a dent on the top of my guitar now because it got hit excessively hard on accident by the bridge, but the dent is not noticeable unless you're really looking for it. Just a dent in the finish. Again, very durable top. Very impressed. Great guitar for 400 dollars. Going to try Elixir custom lights soon. Hopefully it sounds good with those strings.