- Get a 30 day FREE trial for Fender Play digital guitar lessons when you buy any acoustic or electric guitar or amp sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Yamaha JR2 3/4 Size Guitar with Gig Bag, Natural" and save 54% off the $252.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- 3-year coverage from date of purchase: drops & spills, electrical & mechanical failures
- Fixed or receive full replacement cost in 5 days or less - guaranteed
- Free 2-way shipping for repairs
- 100% parts and labor covered with no deductibles
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days.
Yamaha JR2 3/4 Size Guitar with Gig Bag, Natural
- Spruce Top
- Mahogany Back and Sides
- Deluxe padded bag included
- Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Yamaha FG Junior Compact Acoustic Guitars
Built with the legendary quality and playability the FG Series, Yamaha designed the JR Series for the younger player, frequent traveler, or anyone who is more comfortable with a smaller-bodied acoustic. Carefully selection of woods goes into the building of every single Yamaha guitar and the JR1 and JR2 are no exception. Features include a spruce top, nato neck, rosewood fingerboard and chrome hardware. This compact guitar delivers authentic acoustic sound anytime. Includes a gig bag for easy transport and safe storage.
Compare with similar items
Yamaha Student Series CGS103AII Classical Guitar, Natural
Luna Safari Series Muse Mahogany 3/4-Size Travel Acoustic Guitar - Natural
Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size Acoustic-Electric Guitar with Gig Bag, Dark Red Burst
Luna Aurora Borealis 3/4-Size Acoustic Guitar - Black Pearl
Yamaha CS40 II 7/8-Scale Nylon String Guitar - Natural
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Total Music Source||Amazon.com||8th Street Music||Amazon.com|
|Color||Natural||Natural||Natural||Dark Red Burst||Black||Natural|
|Item Dimensions||16.69 x 36.34 x 6.14 in||16.57 x 36.93 x 4.6 in||17 x 4 x 36 in||11.81 x 33.94 x 3.31 in||4 x 36 x 17 in||15.5 x 36.9 x 4.5 in|
The JR2 is a compact acoustic guitar modeled after our long selling FG series. Its compact size and authentic acoustic tone make the JR2 and excellent take along, play anywhere guitar. Great for campfire sing along, road trips or anywhere you want to be able to play. A Mahogany finish UTF finish back & side offers beautiful look and the instrument comes with a durable case.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Size and portability. This thing is super fun to pick up and play. It's so compact that you can play it anywhere. If you've ever wanted to play the guitar on the toilet, congratulations!
2. Tone is obviously not going to sound like a full size, but this guitar sounds pretty good compared to other 3/4 scale guitars...especially considering the lower price point. The low E string is where the biggest difference comes in.
3. Stays in tune. These smaller guitars have a harder time staying in tune.
4. Nice look. I love the color. The tobacco color is a little darker than in the stock pic. I have posted my own pics below.
5. Great for smaller hands or kids. I can definitely change chords faster on this because you have less space to cover.
6. Nice gig bag thrown in. Won't give much protection but at least it's covered. Also has multiple pockets.
7. Nice action on this guitar!
8. Adjustable Truss Rod and Guitar Strap buttons
1. Again..Size. This is probably the smallest 3/4 scale guitar. In fact, it's definitely less than 3/4 scale. I actually didn't realize how small it was until I got it home and sat it next to my full size Yamaha. It's a decent amount smaller than the Little Martin, Baby Taylor, or GS Mini. If those seem like the smallest you'd want to go, this is probably not going to work for you. I'm hoping my son, now 2, will want to learn on this in a few years. The smaller size will help him. I'd probably rather have the Little Martin size, which I believe is about 5 inches longer.
2. Fret Space. If you want to capo at the 4th fret and up, you might have to change the way you play some chords to make all your fingers fit. The fret space gets pretty tight as you go up. If you play a lot with your capo that high, I recommend playing this in person to make sure it will still fit your needs. While this guitar makes some difficult chords a lot easier, it also makes some easier chords more difficult. Go Figure!!!
You really can't go wrong with the JR2 if you're looking for a nice, inexpensive 3/4 scale guitar for a child. If you are an adult that is small to average size, you'll have fun hacking around on it as well. It would also be great for a traveling songwriter that always wants a guitar next to them wherever they go. I've played this more than my other guitars since I've owned it. It's just so much easier to carry around the house. Let me know if I can help with any other questions. Thanks!
The yard stick is 36" long.