Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 15, 2017
These speakers provide decent background sound in the vicinity of, say, fifteen feet. Get twenty feet or more away, and they will not be able to provide much listening pleasure. Even close by, they would not compete with decent house loudspeakers (I might be a little spoiled with my house speakers!). For the price, they are ok. Can't say how much environmental challenge they can take because mine are safely mounted under the eaves.
on July 28, 2009
I really enjoy the richness that these speakers provide at lower volumes. We use them on our covered deck and we don't ever turn the volume too high.
The instructions say that they recommend a vertical installation rather then a horizontal. I called tech support and they said that the vertical recommendation is based on better water tightness on the speaker connections, but mounting them horizonally does not effect the sound or performance. The mounting brackets do not lie completely flat against a wall due to some round indentation, which must conform to some standard, so I had to add 2 large washers behind each mounting screw to keep the speakers from wobbling from side to side. I called Yamaha and they don't have any explanation and no accessory mounting brackets to allow 360 degree rotation to allow the speakers to point in the desired direction for maximum sound. The speaker mounting brackets do rotate a few inches up and down so I get some directional sound control.
on April 21, 2016
WE have had these speakers for a few years now and they work great. They are outside under our patio in our back yard so they are covered but we do have very humid weather here. They have definitely made our patio time more enjoyable and the quality of sound is pretty good for the price.
on November 24, 2014
Nice sound and price. I only gave four stars as they say 'All weather' giving the impression they are weather proof. They are not. I mounted mine on post in the garden where I wanted them but, have to place covers over them when not in use to protect them. This is a pain as I am worried I will forget to cover them and it might rain.I have had them for about 8 months now.
on July 12, 2010
I bought these without great expectations. Yes, the reviews are very good, but the urban balcony into which I placed them is sonically hostile. Highly reflective brick walls on three sides of a 15' x 20' area, street noise is an issue, and I don't want to bother the neighbors (too much).

After a few months of listening, they sound really good. I'm impressed with the detail of music and with their ability to provide decent bass, without going "boomy" Several guests and friends have commented on their sound quality. Considering that they are usually played at a low volume, that's unexpected.

With Amazon's price and free delivery, these might be one of the best purchases I've made this summer.
on June 9, 2013
I am really impressed with the sound, bass could be deeper but that is something I can live with. The shape of the speaker box has a reason for outdoor setup, you can adjust the vertical inclination but not the horizontal orientation. Really easy to install and I am really enjoying this pair of speaker, I was considering the Bose 250 series but after reading some reviews I decided for this ones and save some money, that I used for a external DAC.
on August 25, 2010
I have been searching for awhile on speakers for my patio and came accross these Yamaha's. I am into pro sound systems and know their quality is very good so I thought I would give these a shot after reading the reviews and I am glad I did. They actually have decent bass response and the highs are good. The mids personally are a little muffled but not bad some EQing and that can go away. I did add a TIC GS50 Onmi Subwoofer to the system and glad I did just to give it a more full sound. Very happy with my purchase with these Yamaha's!
on November 1, 2017
Great sound
on February 7, 2014
Nice deep bass and crystal clear high end on these speakers. We have them mounted out on the covered patio and these Yamaha speakers fill the area with sound. I continue to be a big fan of Yamaha equipment, in fact the receiver that drives these speakers is a Yamaha model from about 1988 and still works perfectly.
on December 26, 2013
I was looking for some decent outdoor speaker that sit under my carport. I have them connected to an older receiver to listen to music while working out, working on the cars, or just to sit in the back enjoying friends and family. These speakers have a great sound range and fill the back yard clearly, 60' x 80'.