Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 14, 2017
Using this with some Polk outdoor speakers and so far I am impressed with what this $200 receiver can do!

PROS:
- Phone app allows you to control power, volume, inputs and stations. This means if you connect the receiver to the same network as your phone, you can place it out of sight and use your phone as the remote control.
- Plenty of inputs - I connected a computer, CD player, and Bluetooth adapter.
- If you're a programmer you can control this thing with some simple XML api calls and build your own remote app or schedule it to turn on and off while you're away.
- Screw-down speaker connectors (not springs) for a firm connection.
- Was able to browse and play songs from a UPNP server on the network from the remote app.

CONS:
- No "tape loop" for an equalizer. (Yes, I know you can install an EQ inline, but that would only apply to one remote controlled input.)
- No loudness control or tone adjustments beyond bass and treble.
- The remote app is great once you find it, but Yamaha has too many apps! The one you want for this receiver is "NP Controller".
- Once in the app, changing sources is obvious but volume is not. Tip: click the little arrow at the bottom to "reveal" the volume and power buttons.

CONCLUSION:
They really "knocked it out of the park" on features with this receiver. On sound quality, I have owned a Yamaha surround receiver in the past and been impressed with it, so I was willing to take a chance on this one despite lack of advanced tone controls or equalizer. However, after adjusting the bass/treble controls to my liking, it sounds decent and seems to be working well for outdoor speakers.
on June 24, 2017
I decided that I needed an amplifier to power 4 speakers and sonos connect amp couldn't do it. This seemed perfect as I didn't really need it to integrate with my other sonos stuff since these speakers were outdoors.

There are 2 problems 1) I can't control the volume on the A and B channels separately and 2) Spotify connect randomly drops out with this amp or it switches to another song midway into a song. In short you can't rely on it. I had to buy a used sonos connect to play to this. And that combination works perfectly. But it cost me $250 extra for something this was supposed to do.
on August 2, 2016
Great product so far, it does have some issues with streaming spotify and other services from my phone but that is most likely a software issue on one end or the other. The app could use some love too, but it's not a deal breaker. All in all, No other network receiver in this price range is going to hit everything you're looking for like this does.
on March 31, 2016
I needed something simple for my backyard entertainment complex. This has dual zones so I can play the pool speakers and the fire pit area at the same time. I can operate it from an app on my phone, and Chromecast Audio works great on it. It even has a USB power jack. I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the more advanced receivers. This one is perfect for my use.
on June 21, 2016
Great unit for my workout area. The built in Pandora and airplay provides the flexibility to have a broad range of music when I am exercising. The iPhone app to control all the functions of the unit is a super feature and very well thought out.
on August 28, 2017
After initial setup, even my mama knows how to work it with her iPad. Quick favor: Mr. Bezos- can you make this NOT play Mannheim Steamroller? I want to make it through Xmas without spending anytime standing on a ledge
on July 13, 2015
Very nice work Yamaha! Connected our FM antenna and a network cable, nice FM reception, better feature was how playing Spotify on the iPad, could select this receiver as one of the "speakers" and the music just "automagically" plays thru the Yamaha...didn't "do anything" to make that happen!
on December 21, 2016
Nice 2 zone airplay,ip radio, pandora/Spotify amplifier. FYI you do need a hardline Ethernet connection. Paired it with Yamaha in ceiling speakers,sounds awesome. Easy to setup and the app makes it easy to control most aspects but you still want to keep the remote handy
on December 21, 2016
The iPhone app wasn't useful, I never could get it to work; and playback from any device still isn't working. However, it plays CD's very well, just like the Pioneer from 1988 that it replaced.
on August 30, 2017
Very nice receiver. Very happy.