- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Yamaha YHT-595BL Complete 5.1-Channel Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Front panel USB
- Automatic Speaker setup with YPAO optimization.
- 1080p compatible HDMI ( 4 in / 1 out )
- Compressed Music Enhancer improves playback of your digital music library
- Includes a RX-V471BL AV Receiver and NS-AP6505BL speaker package with sub
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Yamaha YHT-595 5.1-Channel Complete Home Theater System is a powerful home theater system for Blu-ray players and flat panel displays, featuring 4-in/1-out HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel compatibility, iPod/iPhone and Bluetooth compatibility, HD Audio with CINEMA DSP compatibility, and SCENE function.
This package includes a Yamaha RX-V471 105-watt audio/video receiver, a Yamaha NS-AP6505 5-channel speaker package, and a powerful Yamaha YST-SW012 8" 100-watt subwoofer.
USB Digital Connection for iPhone and iPod on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPhone/iPod, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPhone/iPod is transmitted directly to the AV Receiver, noise interference is minimized and sound quality is iPhone/iPod much better.
On-Screen GUI (Graphical User Interface)
This clean and simple interface makes setup and other operations extremely easy. The on-screen display can show album art, provides a choice of various languages and is visible over 3D images.
1080p-Compatible HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
Improve your home cinema experience with 100 watts per channel of powerful 5.1-channel surround sound, with the latest HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio. The 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out) supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24 Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation, as well as the latest HDMI features like 3D and Audio Return Channel.
CINEMA DSP Digital for Enhanced Surround Realism
Conventional multi-channel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater.
SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
SILENT CINEMA, a variation of Yamaha's CINEMA DSP technology, makes it possible to listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets you enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers (handy for use in custom installations where some rooms don't have surround speakers). It can be used with the front / center / presence speakers or even with just the two front left and right speakers.
Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
Yamaha's Adaptive DRC technology automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume that is selected. Adaptive DRC refines the dynamic range parameters to make low volume sounds easier to hear (narrower dynamic range) while retaining the massiveness felt during high volume (wider dynamic range). And because our ears lose sensitivity to low and high sounds as volume decreases, it continually adjusts these frequency ranges according to the volume and to the input signal level.
Compressed Music Enhancer Refreshes Your Music
Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3 and WMA. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
SCENE: A New Level of Operating Ease
Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for DVD Viewing, Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Push a SCENE button to automatically launch play of the preset source. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, XM Listening, TV Sports Viewing and Action Game Playing. Browse and select the settings quickly accomplished by rotating the Input knob and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. You can even change the SCENE names for convenience.
YPAO Sound Optimization
YPAO sound optimization for automatic speaker setup lets you set up your surround sound speakers simply and easily. An included microphone designed for YPAO will help you set up your speakers for optimal performance, no matter the room.
Expand Your Yamaha System with Convenient Connectivity
The optional YDS-12 Universal Dock lets you connect your iPod or iPhone to the receiver. And the YDS-12 is "Works with iPhone"-certified, so you can get the most out of your iPhone music library with zero hassles.
The optional YID-W10 Wireless Dock System for iPod/iPhone ensures that you enjoy maximum sound quality and no lip sync (AV matching) problems.
The optional YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver docks to the receiver and supports A2DP stereo audio streaming, so users can enjoy music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, Windows PCs, and Macs.
- Power Output: 105W x 5
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 100kHz +0,-3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.06%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 98dB
- Standby Power Consumption (HDMI Off, Standby Through Off): 0.1W
- Receiver Dimensions (WxHxD): 17 1/8" x 6" x 14 5/16"
- Receiver Weight: 18.1 lbs
- Surround Speaker Dimensions (WxHxD): 8 1/4" x 5 7/16" x 4 1/2"
- Surround Speaker Weight (each): 2.93 lbs
- Center Speaker Dimensions (WxHxD): 4 15/16" x 14 9/16" x 5 1/2"
- Center Speaker Weight (each): 5.6 lbs
- Subwoofer Dimensions (WxHxD): 11-3/8" x 11-3/8" x 12-7/8"
- Subwoofer Weight: 18.7 lbs
Top Customer Reviews
Now on to the product itself. I've had about five hours with it so far (which isn't a lot, I know), but I am so impressed with the sound quality. I was smiling ear to ear as Casino Royale came to life. My original system was a 10 year old Sony Receiver with 5.1 Surround Sound. The Receiver was starting to go, and I think the Sub was on it's way out as well.
SET-UP: The Yamaha 595BL is an easy system to set-up. Everything worked the first time plugging it in (except for one thing which is state below). I hooked up the Playstation 3 and Direct TV via HDMI (taking advantage of the FIVE HDMI ports). The picture quality of both look fantastic as always (no change as far as I can see on the 50" TV), and the sound is crisp and clear. The YPAO Microphone is slick, as I put in the middle of the room and let the system measure the sound. Changing the levels is easy, too, as I thought the front speakers were too loud as compared to the center channel.
THE SOUND: Once the levels were set correctly, Casino Royale sounds great. At first, before I changed the levels, the music was louder than the dialogue, and even louder than some gun shots, as Bond was going after the bomb-maker in the opening action scene. After changing the levels, I started it over, and it was right where I wanted it. And, the subwoofer - I love bass, and this one rocks! It's about half the size of my old Sony, but sounds so much better.Read more ›
1. There are 3 boxes inside the huge box - One with the receiver, one with the sub and one with the speakers. Each of them has it's own quick setup guide enclosed. The speaker wires are not cut or stripped. You get 80ft of 18 gauge wire. So I got a stripping tool from Frys for 10 bucks. It's advisable to carry each of the 3 boxes individually to your home/apt (especially if you have to climb stairs). The whole package is about 70 lbs.
2. The speakers are a good size and very impressive. The receiver also seems awesome although I haven't explored all it's functionalities. It comes with an AM/FM receiver too. The remote is good, but it could be better.
3. The YPAO system. Its a microphone which needs to be connected to the receiver. The steps are intuitive. But I'm not sure this thing worked for me. I got a "W-1: Out of phase" message for 4 of my speakers. Apparently the polarity was reversed for these. But I was careful in making sure that this was not the case. So when I checked the manual (which you have to download), it did mention that the polarities for the speakers "may be reversed in some cases" to provide a better listening experience. So when I did pop in the "Captain America" blu-ray, it was AMAZING. I was blown away.
The next day I found that the distance it had auto-discovered was incorrect, so I manually had to put in the correct values. That seemed to make a difference as far as I could tell.Read more ›
Update: It's ben a little over a month since I got this system. It still sounds okay...when it works. About a week after hooking it, I noticed that every so often, the sounds would die to the point where it sounded like the speakers were barely getting enough power. I switched out the speakers thinking it might be faulty wiring with one speaker but the problem continued and actually got worse. Originally, it was just a single HDMI input doing this but it now does it with all HDMI input slots and the sound problem is occurring more frequently. Don't get me wrong, the system sounds great when it works but it's a little ridiculous when in the middle of a movie, the sounds dies and you have to turn the system off and then on again just to get the sound back. In my opinion, this system is not worth $500, maybe $350 or $400 at most. Save yourself the frustration and spend a little more to get a better system.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After a couple years, I had to replace the infrared detector module. Otherwise it continues to function as advertised. Read morePublished 9 months ago by N
Excellent system. I used it with my computer for about 2 year but it was kinda big for that small room.
I know moved it to my TV where it fares much better. Read more
The system isn't bad. but it's not great. If you just want some sound, then sure. But the sub leaves a lot to be desired and I've definitely heard better surround quality. Read morePublished on January 31, 2014 by Seth
Yamaha is one of the best out there for sound systems/home theaters. This set has the right balance of Bass and treble response from the speakers. Read morePublished on December 27, 2013 by VikramBagri
This is an awesome system that provides excellent sound for music and dialogue. I never set up a surround system before which made some of the options a bit confusing to me. Read morePublished on May 28, 2013 by Prizm
Device looks sharp, sounds good, and has the power to fill a room. When compared against the smaller 3xx version it blows it away easily. Read morePublished on March 21, 2013 by Daniel C.
We are not the dumbest people around but the instructions are not very good for setting up the unit with any peripheral.. Read morePublished on February 23, 2013 by Grant Pisko