- Receive a 3 month FREE trial membership with Skoove.com online piano lessons, when you buy any digital piano, keyboard, or MIDI controller, sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano Premium..." and save 69% off the $659.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Musical Instruments Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor for Covered Repairs plus Accidental Damages Caused by Drops and Spills
- 5 Business Day Depot Service Repair Guarantee (When Received in Depot Center, Subject to Replacement Parts Availability)
- Plan Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Cost
- See Product Description for Details Including Limitations and What is Not Covered
Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano Premium Pack
- 76 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch (GST) action
- Backlit LCD, panel lights, pitch bend wheel,6-track sequencer allows you to record your own music
- Portable Grand Button: industry's best piano.Do not suspend the computer while the MIDI application is running
- USB & Flash ROM to download new Songs and Styles for playing. Tone generating technology-AWM stereo sampling
- The screws are provided however they are screwed into the holes already.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
YPG-235 Premium Pack Includes:
- Yamaha YPG-235 76-key Portable Grand Piano
- Samson HP30 Closed-Cup Headphones
- SXKS Standard X-Style Keyboard Stand
- Yamaha PA-150 AC Power Adapter
Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano Premium Pack
Includes Headphones, Power Supply, and Standard X-Style Keyboard Stand
If you're looking for a reasonably priced piano replacement, look no further than the YPG-235. It is the music student or professional musicians' answer to “I need more keys!” and many music teachers encourage new students to get a keyboard that will grow with their needs. It features 76 non-weighted keys that not only look like piano keys but have a Graded Soft Touch (GST) action with different levels of resistance, making it easier for a budding musician to move to an acoustic or digital piano.
The YPG-235 comes with 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on an included CD-ROM and an interactive lesson system, divided into left and right hand parts, for learning them. In addition, you have the ability to connect to a computer via USB, download more songs from the Internet into the internal Flash ROM (PC only), and use all of the Yamaha Education Suite features to help you learn to play them. Yamaha makes it easy to get connected with the new PC button. Now, instead of wading through function menus and fighting through a maze of selections, one button is your expressway to music on the web and your computer. In addition, once connected, you can play your songs into the computer (PC and Mac), edit them if necessary, and e-mail them to your friends and family. And with General MIDI (GM) and XGlite compatibility, song data always plays back with the correct sounds.
Yamaha YPG-235 Accessories Included:
Samson HP30 Closed-Cup Headphones
This package also comes with the Samson HP30 closed back studio headphones that feature a comfortable, padded headband and earcups with 40 millimeter drivers and a frequency range of 20 to 20,000 Hz. These are loud earphones with an impedance rating of 32 Ohms. It also has a 9 foot cord with 3.5 millimeter stereo plug and 1/4 inch (6.3 millimeter) plug adapter.
SXKS Standard Keyboard Stand (Keyboard rests on top)
The SXKS is a heavy-duty, single braced, steel, keyboard stand that will hold 49, 61, 76 and 88-key keyboards with a maximum weight of 130 pounds Secure-Lock height adjustment from 25.25 to 38.75 inches for seated to standing performance positions. There will be no need for batteries either with the included power supply.
Yamaha PA-150 AC Power Adapter
Don't gamble with your musical instrument. Use only a genuine Yamaha power adapter. The PA-150 adapter replaces the PA-5D and is environmentally conscious by reducing the power when the musical instrument is turned off; saving you money! Plug it in and play your instrument without having to worry how long the batteries will last. The PA-150 is designed to eliminate your constant need for fresh batteries by using efficient AC operation.
- Three keyboard lessons for each hand
- Lesson Grading – monitors your progress as you practice each lesson and gives you a grade.
- Chord Dictionary – shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord names on the LCD screen
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.)
Helps You Learn to Play!
Yamaha Education Suite teaches you to play by breaking down songs into individual components, like pitch and rhythm, and reconstructing them once mastered. You can practice one hand of a song alone while the instrument plays along with the other. WAITING mode pauses the accompaniment until you play the notes indicated on the display. Your TEMPO mode monitors playing and adjusts the tempo according to your accuracy. Minus One mode lets you play the piano part start-to-finish, and gives you a grade at the end.
Imagine being able to give a concert to your friends or relatives the very first day that you bring this remarkable keyboard home. Well, with the YPG-235 and performance assistant technology, you can! Performance assistant technology is a feature from Yamaha that guarantees that you can't play a wrong melody note or chord. Here's how it works. Select a song, press the Performance Assistant button Chord Mode and play the keyboard – any notes you like. Every note you play will fit the music!
Industry's Best Piano Sounds
You're never more than a button push away from the most realistic piano sound in portable keyboards today. One press of the Portable Grand button resets the entire keyboard to a stereo-sampled piano — perfect for when it's time to practice. Yamaha is known around the world for the high quality acoustic pianos and this attention to detail is evident as you enjoy the warmth and clarity of the Portable Grand pianos.
Yamaha Portable Grand comes with 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on an included CD-ROM and an interactive lesson system, divided into left and right hand parts, for learning them. In addition, you have the ability to connect to a computer via USB, download more songs from the Internet into the internal Flash ROM (PC only), and use all of the Yamaha Education Suite features to help you learn to play them.
The Band Follows Your Lead
With a stunning variety of Voices and Styles, Yamaha Portable keyboards open the door to a world of musical enjoyment. Simply select your favorite sound, pick a style of music, and these keyboards will follow your playing like an orchestra following a conductor!
Realistic Sounding Voices
Equipped with 361 XGlite voices. Included in this selection is stereo-sampled Piano, a selection of special voices including Sweet! Trumpet, Flute, Pan Flute, Soprano and Tenor Saxes and Cool! Voices including Galaxy Electric Piano, Organ and Rotor Organ.
Compare with similar items
Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano
Yamaha PSREW300AD 76-Key Portable Keyboard & Power Supply
Yamaha YPT255 61-Key Keyboard Pack with Headphones, Power Supply, and Stand
Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano with Stand and Power Adapter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$17.32||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||West Music||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 53 x 23 in||46.37 x 16.25 x 5.38 in||14.53 x 45.35 x 4.65 in||10 x 47 x 16 in||22.5 x 58 x 12.5 in|
|Number of Keys||76||76||76||61||88|
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced piano replacement, look no further than the YPG-235. It is the music student or professional musicians’ answer to “I need more keys!” and many music teachers encourage new students to get a keyboard that will grow with their needs. It features 76 non-weighted keys that not only look like piano keys but have a Graded Soft Touch (GST) action with different levels of resistance, making it easier for a budding musician to move to an acoustic or digital piano. The YPG-235 delivers on its piano theme with a special mode of fingering called Full Keyboard Mode. This allows the player to play the keyboard like a piano; for example a chord with the right hand and bass notes with the left. When using the accompaniment feature, the virtual band will follow these chords. Traditional portable keyboards normally require you to chord on the left side of the keyboard, in the bass section, which is foreign to most piano players. The YPG-235 is also capable of this mode, for those who prefer it. The YPG-235 also has 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on included CD-ROM for you to learn to play using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary. This package includes a pair of professional closed-cup headphones, X-style keyboard stand, and power supply.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Too many times have I been taken in by price to find out I paid less...for a piece of junk. That's why I really appreciate the reviews on Amazon (and other sites). It's great to have a good cross-section of thoughts and opinions. Unfortunately we still have to filter the reviews based on our preferences and even the paid reviews, but if something is not 4 stars these days, I typically will not even give it the time of day.
With the Yamaha TPG-235 keyboard I am happy to say that the reviews were very helpful in making this purchase. TONS of people have purchased and reviewed this item and about 9 out of 10 people have given it either 4 or 5 stars. That's impressive.
I have discovered a way to keep prices down and still get the product that I want - SHOP THE REFURBISHED AND USED SECTION OF AMAZON! Amazon Warehouse items are usually open box or returned and I have yet to receive something from there that didn't still look brand new. Prices are typically around 15 - 25% off of the new price.
ON TO THE KEYBOARD....ratings are on a scale of 1-10
1. AESTHETICS ** 8 ** The Yamaha TPG-235 doesn't look so much like a toy that you will not take it seriously though it is less appealing than some brands. We have previously owned a Williams piano and it was more sleek and looked more professional. BUT the Williams piano also felt like it was made out of concrete. It was SO heavy. The YPG-235 is light as a feather AND with 12 less keys than the typical 88-key keyboard, it's shorter as well. Which means if space is an issue (which it is for us) then you will like the shorter design. And you will VERY likely NOT miss the extra keys.
2. SOUND ** 9 ** Clearly (pun intended) this is an important feature of this item. If an instrument doesn't sound great it will be a disappointment...at least eventually it will. Going from a Williams keyboard to this one seemed like a downgrade - but it wasn't. It DOES sound less like a grand piano but it makes up for it with it's full sounding speakers and TONS of voices (361 to be exact). There's give and take (especially when you are on a budget) but after owning this now for a few months I have to say that I am completely satisfied with the grand piano sound. My daughter plays the keyboard and I play guitar and they sound fantastic together. We both play somewhere in between the competent to proficient skill levels. I play a Taylor guitar so I DO understand quality when I see/hear it.
3. QUALITY ** 9 ** I would say that the build quality is perfectly acceptable. The keys feel a little cheap and they are fairly noisy when the sound is down low or someone is playing using headphones. But when the volume is set to a normal playing level the key noise is completely drowned out. Speaker quality is superb and that is a HUGE plus with this item. The item is light but it doesn't feel so light that you feel that you are compromising quality at the same time.
4. FEATURES ** 9 ** The 361 voices are a lot of fun to play with. That alone will keep you entertained with this keyboard for the first week or 2. But it's all about the piano voice for what we play - which is worship and praise music to the Lord. My daughter plays some classical music as well and in reality 99.9% of the time the grand piano voice will be used. One feature that's nice is that you can hit a single button to return you to the default voice which is grand piano. It also allows you to transpose the keyboard to different intervals/keys. This is similar to putting a capo on a guitar. Yeah, it may seem like cheating, but it's nice when you are still learning. It does NOT come with a power cord unless you buy the "Standard Pack" (which was the same price when bought open box from Amazon Warehouse). So be prepared to buy one if you get the keyboard only. Also, no pedal but Amazon has some great pedals for a decent price. We have had the M-Audio SP-2 Universal Sustain Pedal purchased from Amazon for about 2 years and it's holding up wonderfully. The "Standard Pack" also comes with a stand which is probably adequate to hold this keyboard but we already had a more heavy duty one holding up our old Williams keyboard so we just used it.
5. VALUE ** 10 ** After researching and studying and reading review after review as well as comparing pricing for anything even close to price of this one, I have to say, you will not find a better keyboard than this one for $600 or less (the Yamaha YGP-535 is just under $600 and is essentially the same product with 12 more keys and a built in base and pedals and POSSIBLY better speakers). So if you are an extremely advanced player then perhaps look elsewhere but I do not consider this to be ONLY a beginner keyboard. Sure it's great for beginners too, but I think this instrument will take you well into the pre-advanced stages as well.
6. OVERALL ** 9 ** Of course there is room for improvement for a $250 instrument but unless you are ready to jump up to $600 - $1000 your search is over.
Hope this helps someone out there and feel free to ask any specific questions you may have!
Col. 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
In my opinion, if you have some patience with tracking down the software and driver you need, you'll love the keyboard!
The CD that comes with it for the most part is total junk. The only value on it is the Song Book which will give you a listing of songs and all of the sheet music for the preloaded and CD songs.
The Digital Music Notebook software is no longer support by Yamaha and contains nothing but dead links. Can't use it.
Don't bother with the MusicSoft Downloader on the CD. It's too old of a version. Go to Yamaha and get version 5.7.2
Also, you need to go to Yamaha for a Windows 7, 64-bit driver if you are running the 64 bit system. Follow the directions in the pdf file that comes with the driver and installation of the driver is a breeze.
If you have trouble getting the software to communicate with the instrument, use Check Connection.. wait for the error message.. go to the next screen in troubleshooting and make sure that the midi output is set to the instrument. On my Windows 7 PC is was set to Midi Mapper by default and wouldn't communicate with the keyboard until I went in there and changed the MIDI output. t
Once the software communicates with the keyboard, file transfer is a breeze. I went to Yamaha, created an account at [...] which let's me find files that are compatible for the YPG-235. Very easy to transfer the files through the software and locate them on the keyboard. If you pay attention to the details of the midi file you are getting, they will work with the educational suite typically for right hand practice from what I am finding.. you can learn the melody part of the song.
Be sure to remember to buy a USB cord for it as it does not come with one even if you buy the package deal.
The stand that came with it is fine and sturdy. I will probably upgrade it to a better stand in the future, but for now it is more than fine.
Even with the extra work to get this older model to work with newer PC operating system of Windows 7, I still rate this keyboard as 5-star. Have patience with getting it setup for PC communications and you simply can not go wrong with choosing this keyboard for the price offered. I paid $279.00 for the keyboard, headphones, stand, and power adapter.
But it is a lot of fun in its own right. For example: you can make the right hand sound like a saxophone and the left hand
sound (sort of) like a string bass. Then with two fingers you can sound pretty good. The saxophone even has vibrato.
The thing has a lot of features I haven't used yet, especially involving connecting it to a computer. The manual is
very thick and informative, to use all those features I will have to read it carefully. I did buy the extra $20 sustain pedal too.
The thing sounds good and no doubt would sound better connected to an amp and some decent speakers, but it sounds
surprisingly good right out of the box. And the price! It's worth much more than I paid.