- Receive a 3 month FREE trial membership with Skoove.com online piano lessons, when you buy any digital piano, keyboard, or MIDI controller, sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano with St...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 45% off the $760.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano with Stand and Power Adapter
|Price:||$499.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$260.01 (34%)|
- 88 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch. Includes stand, adapter, and sustain peda
- USB To Device: connect USB storage devices (storage device optional)
- Large Wave ROM features extra high quality Live! Grand sample
- Backlit LCD (320 x 240) displays lyrics, chords & notation
- Performance Assistant Technology features Melody Mode in addition to Chord and Chord/Free Model
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Yamaha Portable Grand Series
The Yamaha Portable Grands have an easy-to-use panel, a wealth of piano-centric features including piano-style keys, Graded Soft Touch (GST) action with different levels of resistance and a high resolution stereo piano sample. It is the music student or professional musicians' answer to “I need more keys!” and many music teachers encourage new students to get a keyboard that will grow with their needs.
Industry's Best Piano Sounds
You're never more than a button push away from the most realistic piano sound in portable keyboards today. One press of the Portable Grand button resets the entire keyboard to a stereo-sampled piano — perfect for when it's time to practice. Yamaha is known around the world for the high quality acoustic pianos and this attention to detail is evident as you enjoy the warmth and clarity of the Portable Grand pianos.
Yamaha Portable Grand comes with 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on an included CD-ROM and an interactive lesson system, divided into left and right hand parts, for learning them. In addition, you have the ability to connect to a computer via USB, download more songs from the Internet into the internal Flash ROM (PC only), and use all of the Yamaha Education Suite features to help you learn to play them.
The Band Follows Your Lead
With a stunning variety of Voices and Styles, Yamaha Portable keyboards open the door to a world of musical enjoyment. Simply select your favorite sound, pick a style of music, and these keyboards will follow your playing like an orchestra following a conductor!
Realistic Sounding Voices
Equipped with 361 XGlite voices. Included in this selection is stereo-sampled Piano, a selection of special voices including Sweet! Trumpet, Flute, Pan Flute, Soprano & Tenor Saxes and Cool! Voices including Galaxy Electric Piano, Organ and Rotor Organ.
Imagine being able to give a concert to your friends or relatives the very first day that you bring this remarkable keyboard home. Well, with the YPG-235 and performance assistant technology, you can! Performance assistant technology is a feature from Yamaha that guarantees that you can't play a wrong melody note or chord. Here's how it works. Select a song, press the Performance Assistant button Chord Mode and play the keyboard – any notes you like. Every note you play will fit the music!
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.)
Helps You Learn to Play!
Yamaha Education Suite teaches you to play by breaking down songs into individual components, like pitch and rhythm, and reconstructing them once mastered. You can practice one hand of a song alone while the instrument plays along with the other. WAITING mode pauses the accompaniment until you play the notes indicated on the display. Your TEMPO mode monitors playing and adjusts the tempo according to your accuracy. Minus One mode lets you play the piano part start-to-finish, and gives you a grade at the end.
- Three keyboard lessons for each hand
- Lesson Grading – monitors your progress as you practice each lesson and gives you a grade.
- Chord Dictionary – shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord names on the LCD screen
|Number of Keys||76||88|
|Yamaha Education Suite||✓||✓|
|Lyric, Chord and Notation Display||✓|
|USB Storage Device Capability||✓|
|Stand, Pedal and Adapter Included||✓|
Compare to similar items
This item Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano with Stand and Power Adapter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||aSavings||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Zorro Sounds|
|Item Dimensions||22.5 x 58 x 12.5 in||12 x 59 x 22 in||10.6 x 50.3 x 22 in||9 x 18 x 58.9 in||8 x 44 x 21 in||10 x 58 x 12 in|
|Number of Keys||88||88||76||88||61||88|
YPG-535 features 88 Graded Soft Touch keyboard. All the best sounds are available at the push of button and recording virtuoso performances is simple with built-in recorder. The Yamaha Education Suite and USB connectivity (USB to Device) add functionality. Main features include USB MIDI, USB storage capability and high resolution Live! Grand stereo sample.
Top customer reviews
Too many times have I been taken in by price to find out I paid less...for a piece of junk. That's why I really appreciate the reviews on Amazon (and other sites). It's great to have a good cross-section of thoughts and opinions. Unfortunately we still have to filter the reviews based on our preferences and even the paid reviews, but if something is not 4 stars these days, I typically will not even give it the time of day.
With the Yamaha TPG-235 keyboard I am happy to say that the reviews were very helpful in making this purchase. TONS of people have purchased and reviewed this item and about 9 out of 10 people have given it either 4 or 5 stars. That's impressive.
I have discovered a way to keep prices down and still get the product that I want - SHOP THE REFURBISHED AND USED SECTION OF AMAZON! Amazon Warehouse items are usually open box or returned and I have yet to receive something from there that didn't still look brand new. Prices are typically around 15 - 25% off of the new price.
ON TO THE KEYBOARD....ratings are on a scale of 1-10
1. AESTHETICS ** 8 ** The Yamaha TPG-235 doesn't look so much like a toy that you will not take it seriously though it is less appealing than some brands. We have previously owned a Williams piano and it was more sleek and looked more professional. BUT the Williams piano also felt like it was made out of concrete. It was SO heavy. The YPG-235 is light as a feather AND with 12 less keys than the typical 88-key keyboard, it's shorter as well. Which means if space is an issue (which it is for us) then you will like the shorter design. And you will VERY likely NOT miss the extra keys.
2. SOUND ** 9 ** Clearly (pun intended) this is an important feature of this item. If an instrument doesn't sound great it will be a disappointment...at least eventually it will. Going from a Williams keyboard to this one seemed like a downgrade - but it wasn't. It DOES sound less like a grand piano but it makes up for it with it's full sounding speakers and TONS of voices (361 to be exact). There's give and take (especially when you are on a budget) but after owning this now for a few months I have to say that I am completely satisfied with the grand piano sound. My daughter plays the keyboard and I play guitar and they sound fantastic together. We both play somewhere in between the competent to proficient skill levels. I play a Taylor guitar so I DO understand quality when I see/hear it.
3. QUALITY ** 9 ** I would say that the build quality is perfectly acceptable. The keys feel a little cheap and they are fairly noisy when the sound is down low or someone is playing using headphones. But when the volume is set to a normal playing level the key noise is completely drowned out. Speaker quality is superb and that is a HUGE plus with this item. The item is light but it doesn't feel so light that you feel that you are compromising quality at the same time.
4. FEATURES ** 9 ** The 361 voices are a lot of fun to play with. That alone will keep you entertained with this keyboard for the first week or 2. But it's all about the piano voice for what we play - which is worship and praise music to the Lord. My daughter plays some classical music as well and in reality 99.9% of the time the grand piano voice will be used. One feature that's nice is that you can hit a single button to return you to the default voice which is grand piano. It also allows you to transpose the keyboard to different intervals/keys. This is similar to putting a capo on a guitar. Yeah, it may seem like cheating, but it's nice when you are still learning. It does NOT come with a power cord unless you buy the "Standard Pack" (which was the same price when bought open box from Amazon Warehouse). So be prepared to buy one if you get the keyboard only. Also, no pedal but Amazon has some great pedals for a decent price. We have had the M-Audio SP-2 Universal Sustain Pedal purchased from Amazon for about 2 years and it's holding up wonderfully. The "Standard Pack" also comes with a stand which is probably adequate to hold this keyboard but we already had a more heavy duty one holding up our old Williams keyboard so we just used it.
5. VALUE ** 10 ** After researching and studying and reading review after review as well as comparing pricing for anything even close to price of this one, I have to say, you will not find a better keyboard than this one for $600 or less (the Yamaha YGP-535 is just under $600 and is essentially the same product with 12 more keys and a built in base and pedals and POSSIBLY better speakers). So if you are an extremely advanced player then perhaps look elsewhere but I do not consider this to be ONLY a beginner keyboard. Sure it's great for beginners too, but I think this instrument will take you well into the pre-advanced stages as well.
6. OVERALL ** 9 ** Of course there is room for improvement for a $250 instrument but unless you are ready to jump up to $600 - $1000 your search is over.
Hope this helps someone out there and feel free to ask any specific questions you may have!
Col. 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.