Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Yamaha YST-SW012 8-Inch Front-Firing Active Subwoofer
|Price:||$99.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 8-inch multi-range driver with magnetic shielding
- High 100 W dynamic power
- Low (28-200Hz) frequency response
- Linear Port for minimizing extraneous noise
- Front-firing active subwoofer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Yamaha
- Model Number: YST-SW012BL
- Color: Silver
- Speaker Type: Subwoofers
- Display Height: 5.00 inches
Top Customer Reviews
BIG difference. This sub has only one RCA input on the back and comes with a long RCA cable to connect to an RCA sub out - which is exactly what my Vizio Soundbar had. It has a power button and the volume button. That it. Super easy for guys like me. In under 5 minutes after opening the box I was enjoying a tremendous improvement on sound. It felt like all of a sudden sound acquired depth and dimension and I felt surrounded by it. Adding this sub to a soundbar has as dramatic effect on sound, as adding soundbar to the TV. It took few more minutes playing with the Volume button to get the right balance between the sound level of the bar and the sub.
Totally worth the money. Exceptionally well priced and solid product.
- It does not have a crossover frequency adjustment. This means that you should have a pre-amp or receiver that has such an adjustment as you will not be able to control this at the subwoofer.
- It does not have a phase adjustment. For some installations this is required so that the subwoofer will integrate properly.
- It does not take high level (speaker level) inputs. Therefore your pre-amp or receiver must have a sub-woofer, LFE, or pre-amp output to connect to the subwoofer.
Be sure that you don't need any of these features before you buy! Unfortunately the Amazon pages don't indicate these details. You may have to go to the respective manufacturer's web site to get the tech details.
Just as an example for comparison, this Pioneer (I have no connection to the company), in the same price range, DOES have all the aforementioned features:
Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt RMS Subwoofer System
Hope that helps!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was exactly what I needed and love the sound. Please note that only the front is 8 inch and that the unit itself is much larger.Published 1 day ago by Cindylou
Lows are a bit "muddy". Good value for the price. Best for enhancing PC speakers. Not for mixing music.Published 14 days ago by JayEmKay