Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Yann Girard
Oh hey. Yann here...
So I guess I have to introduce myself here. Alright. Here we go...
I tell the truth, write essays and books on how to kick ass in life, business and as an entrepreneur. I also build online businesses & help others build theirs. Over the past years I’ve worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs, was a keynote speaker at top tier conferences, built an audience of more than 140.000 monthly readers across multiple platforms, wrote seven books and mentor(ed) at dozens of startup accelerators and incubators worldwide.
I live everywhere and nowhere. And I own nothing and everything...
Titles By Yann Girard
I've lived in more places than I can remember. I lived and worked in Shanghai, New York, Berlin, Bangkok, Munich and a few more places, not including the dozens of places I've stayed at for just a few days or weeks. While writing these lines I'm in a small town in Malaysia.
I've basically lived out of a backpack for the past seven years. And the longer I'm doing this, the less stuff I need. Right now I carry less than 10 items around with me in a carry on backpack that weighs less than 10kg.
I go wherever I want to go. I currently spend less than $800 a month. Including everything. My most precious possession is a $300 Acer laptop.
I've started a clothing company in China, for the Chinese market, which failed miserably.
I've launched more than 10 websites, some of them made some money, some of them didn't. I shut down all of them.
I've written seven books (this is my eighth). None of them was a bestseller.
I write a blog where I published more than 500 articles so far. I've more than 100,000 monthly readers spread across multiple platforms.
I'm by no means successful. Or rich. But I have more than enough. By all means. I have access to everything I need. And I can buy and afford everything I need.
I'm not a minimalist. Or a digital nomad. Or an entrepreneur. Or a blogger. Or an author.
I'm mostly just trying to be myself. I'm trying to be myself in a world where it gets harder and harder every single day to just be yourself.
It's not always been easy. As a matter of fact it's probably been hard more often than it's been easy.
But every single day of struggle and doubt has been worth it. Being yourself and creating your own life instead of just living a life is always worth the struggle.
This is my story. This is what I've learned about life, myself and the world around me.
I'm everywhere and nowhere. And I own nothing and everything...
I collected all of my thoughts and things I learned about blogging and put them into a short book for you. A book where you'll learn everything I learned over the past two years. It's THE book to read if you want to understand blogging and how it REALLY works.
It contains everything you need too know about blogging in the 21st century. It's not a how to guide or step by step manual. There are hundreds of them out there already. It's a lot more than that.
This book will take you behind the scenes of blogging. It'll show you how blogging really works. I'll tell you the stuff no one really talks about. Simple, raw and uncut. I'll tell you the stuff you'd usually only be able to learn out in the fields.
After you've read this book you'll know whether blogging is still worth it for you or not. How to get started. How you can (still) make money with it. The future of blogging. And many more behind the scenes stuff..
It's about how to unleash your potential.
It's about how to find your passion.
It's ultimately about how to love your life.
But the only way to change anything in our lives is to change our mindsets first. If you don't change your mindset you'll still do the exact same things over and over and over again. You'll still be the exact same person you've been before. Change never happens outside in. It only works inside out.
So whenever you want to change something in your life, whenever you want to change a certain behavior (or your entire life) you need to change your mindset first.And once you've taken that step, once you've changed your mindset, you'll be able to achieve so much more.You'll be able to get rid of your bad habits. You'll be able to start writing that book. That blog. Or start that company. Or tell her about your feelings. Become a better friend.
The past few years have been transformative for me. Especially last year. And I never had any New Year's resolutions. All I did was to think. A lot. And read. And share my thoughts and lessons learned with other people. Online. And offline. And on my blog.
So I took the leap and put all of my thoughts, emotions and lessons learned from the past year and put them into one book. A life changing book. A transformative book.
So whenever you feel stuck, whenever you feel like you want to get rid of a bad habit, whenever you want to change your life, whenever you want to become a better person, start that business, write that book, start your own charity or whatever, this is the book to read.
This is it..
- How I grew my Twitter audience from zero to 40k+ followers
- How I used Facebook to collect hundreds of email addresses
- How I went from zero to 100k views a month on Quora
- How I automated Twitter to send 3k+ visitors to my blog every month
With this book you'll learn how to properly validate, execute and start a profitable business without wasting a lot of time and money.
Whether you have too many ideas, or no ideas yet, this book is designed to teach you how to validate your ideas (see if people are paying for your product) and how to build a sustainable business as fast as possible.
It will teach you the following 10 things:
1. How to better understand decision making of potential customers.
2. How to validate your idea & generate revenues without having your product yet.
3. How to better understand the psychology behind marketing & sales.
4. How to market your ideas and products to build trust and maximize sales.
5. How to best acquire potential customers online & offline.
6. How to test & find the most efficient marketing channels for your startup.
7. How to use content creation as a key lead generator for your business.
8. How to communicate and interact with your prospects to build trust.
9. How to exponentially grow your business organically.
10. How to better understand investors and raise money.
It will not teach you the following 10 things:
1. How to build your product from a tech perspective.
2. How you should design your product and its user experience.
3. How to find co-founders and work with them.
4. How to manage and motivate your employees.
5. How to split equity between your founder team.
6. How to hire talent for your startup.
7. How to register and form your company's legal structure.
8. How to come up with ideas for your startup.
9. How to spend an incredible amount of money you just raised.
10. How to sell your company.