- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Yeah, It's That Easy
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. Stepping Stones - 5 stars - The hook "you keep using me just like a stepping stone" will be stuck in your head for weeks.
2. I-76 - 4 1/2 stars - This one is a funky tune about hoops, particularly G's team, the 76ers.
3. Lay Down the Law - 5 stars - The surprisingly simple and beautiful prelude to the bulk of this track is exquisite.
4. Slipped Away - 2 1/2 stars - A dark tune about someone deceased in G's family, possibly his mother. Too dreary for me, doesn't fit well with the rest of the tracks on here.
5. You Shall See - 3 stars - Nothing really special on this one, just an average track.
6. Take You There - 5 stars - Awesome, laid-back summer tune with a sweet cowbell.
7. Willow Tree - 5 stars - Another great song for lounging in the sun, good stuff.
8. Yeah, It's That Easy - 4 stars - Nice piano backed up by G's sweet rhymes.
9. Recipe - 5 stars - Very funky and soulful, great track
10. 200 Years - 3 stars - A little bit dull, not bad though.
11. Making Amends - 3 1/2 stars - Fun and upbeat number.
12. Pull the Wool - 10 stars - Absolutely amazing. This song is one of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard. 9 minutes and 26 seconds of sheer bliss.
13. When We Meet Again - 4 stars - G's standard acoustic, folky last number.
The first thing I love about this CD is the vibe! The whole CD reflects a very relaxed and laid back band. While the music isn't quite as tight as some bands because of this, the sloppy blues, groove, hip-hop all works so well together. Another thing that helps that is melody and harmony. The band's ability to play of each other shows up in every song. The background vocals excentuate Garret's deep, low voice. The end result are songs with more soul than most pop-soul acts these days. The drums keep the pace moving. The harmonica adds a nice touch to the band's laid back blues sound. The up-right bass is also just right.
Everthing about this album just feels so right. I never though any band could create a CD that actually discribes my attitude in life, G. Love and Special Sauce have managed to do it. The slackn' grooves are just what need when I need something to sit back and relax to(sorry but it's hard to do that to the new Sevendust album). If I have one complaint about this CD is that it drags in some places. Pull the Wool could have been 3 minutes shorter and still have the same effect. Otherwise this is the perfect CD to grab cooler full of some good beverages and kick the feet up and feel the music. Great stuff.
This album, their third, is a serious break-out hit. I definitely think that this album and their next (Philadelphonic) are their two best... with their debut as a close third.
You can't help but groove and sing along to the first song- "Stepping Stones" or want to jam out to the hiphop-infused second song "I-76." "Slipped Away" is a great sad song, while "When We Meet Again" is one of those songs that just automatically brings up old memories of long-lost friends and your teenage/college years. When the album came out, I had just started high school and listening back to that song brings up so many memories.
Anyway- this album is already a classic, so I definitely recommend a listen- it won't hurt! And odds are that you'll enjoy it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Listening to Jack Johnson, I found G.Love & Special Sauce...what an awesome discovery! It expands your musical flavor! Just buy it and thank me later;)Published on September 15, 2013 by bulltastik
I was first introduced to G Love and Special Sauce when I was in college. Yeah It's That Easy is probably one of their best albums ever.Published on May 12, 2013 by Puneet Sharma
I love Jack Johnson & this was recommended when I purchased one of his albums. After listening to the samples thought I might enjoy this but I have to say it sits in my cd... Read morePublished on May 26, 2009 by ccc
The lazy blues and rap/rock& roll that G. Love sells is really smooth and relaxed. Never has he collected a better collection than this one here. Read morePublished on April 9, 2002
G-Love is the product of a generation passed...
They have a sound all their own.
This CD demonstrates that. Its good if you want something bluesy, rocky, and rappy... Read more
I heared Yeah it's that easy.. the first time I was chilling in a coffeeshop with my friends and after a couple of numbers I asked the bartender what the name of the CD was. Read morePublished on November 4, 2000 by bas
i saw g. love live a while back, and thought that they were okay...however...the cd disappointed me greatly...it was unimaginative, puerile nonsense...let's hope g. Read morePublished on July 26, 2000
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- CDs & Vinyl > Alternative Rock > American Alternative
- CDs & Vinyl > Alternative Rock > Indie & Lo-Fi > Indie Rock
- CDs & Vinyl > Comedy & Spoken Word > Stand-Up Comedy
- CDs & Vinyl > Dance & Electronic > Techno
- CDs & Vinyl > Pop > Adult Alternative
- CDs & Vinyl > Pop > Dance Pop
- CDs & Vinyl > Rap & Hip-Hop > Experimental Rap
- CDs & Vinyl > Rap & Hip-Hop > Pop Rap
- CDs & Vinyl > Rock > Blues Rock