Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on March 18, 2016
This one's hit or miss. There are several devotions that are decent, but it's not consistent. If you're looking for a biblically based devotional for your preschooler, this is *not* it. You'll be skipping parts or altering what the author wrote because she occasionally espouses a works-based view of salvation. In other words, you need to do something for God to respond favorably towards you. This isn't the God of the Bible. If you're looking for a devotional that teaches you that you can save yourself with good works - this is the one for you, but that is not Christianity - it's religion. The one thing that sets Christianity apart from *all* other religions is that Jesus did the ultimate righteous deed of dying on the cross for our sins so that we wouldn't have to "work" for salvation, as Crystal Bowman espouses at times. Ephesians 2:8,9- "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not of your own doing; it is the gift of God, not the result of works, so that no one may boast."

Cons:
-Inconsistent theology throughout devotional
-Espouses works-based theology which is unbiblical and unchristian
-Encourages the view that you need to be good for God to help you or love you or be happy with you
-"The more you read the Bible and pray, the more God will help you." - no God will help you if you call out to Him, period...not if you read your Bible more and pray more.
-"But God doesn't want us to worry about riches. Being a good person is more important." -Being a good person is more important? Actually, having a relationship with God is *most* important. Being a good person isn't the goal. Knowing and loving God is the goal. Loving others is a natural outflow of knowing and loving God.

Pros:
-Nice pictures
-Cute, rhyming prayers
-Dated so you know where you left off
33 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 23, 2016
Great book to read every night with my 4 and 2 year old. Each page has its own story that's easy for kids to understand and then a bible verse is related to the story with a short prayer.
review imagereview image
on November 30, 2017
my 6 and 4 year old love this book. My daughter can't put it down! We do them every morning. It is so helpful in giving us instructions on how to live and love one another! I have even gotten something out of it! The one about Harmony is the end of October was a powerful one for my family! I wound up taking the verse they used a took it a step further and showed my children a youtube lesson on musical harmony and how to sing harmony and how even when it seems we are all working "against" each other, as in what occurs in music when trying to musically harmonize, we can all create a beautiful melody together as play or work without having to "control" each other. We can all work together and have a pleasant time without being bossy or trying to control others! That was a HUGE eye opener for my sweet, first-born 6 year old who sometimes tries to control her baby brother! She is learning how to play in harmony, slowly but surely! That was just one of our family's favorite lessons! We are only three months in to this devotional and are really enjoying it!
on September 19, 2015
We use this devotional daily with our 3 & 5 year old boys. It's perfect for their ages! Short & sweet life applicable lessons with a bible verse and prayer. The illustrations are cute and colorful! I can see us using this for years to come. Great children's daily devotional!!!
review imagereview image
on July 12, 2016
Great devotional for preschoolers! Started using it with my toddler when he was two...it was still a little 'old' for him then as this is more of a discussion devotion. Now that he's three I feel it's completely appropriate and great! A quick five minute bedtime ritual that is a quick read and talk with him. We end with a prayer and it's the perfect quiet moment with me, him and God. Would definitely recommend.
on February 9, 2018
We used this devotional with our son for two years, from ages 3-5. The devotions feature the same four children as the cover throughout the year, and have a short, rhyming prayer at the end of each devotion. I am putting this in the "memories for Mama" box because it represents the sweet time we spent with our little guy, talking and learning about God.
on August 16, 2015
I purchased this to get my daughter in to the daily devotion process. So far so good! She is three years old, and can't read, but she really enjoys the stories. I have a hard time limiting her to just one story per day! She like to take her "votion book" with her when we travel in the car. I am really happy that this book uses simple, kid-friendly language and ALSO includes a bible verse! The rhyming prayers are very catchy too! Perfect for a pre-school-aged child!
on December 2, 2016
Great book for my Kinder-gardener! Its easy to understand, and he really seems to get the lesson!
on February 10, 2018
This book is so sweet and absolutely a perfect fit for your 4-5 year old kids. The illustrations get our 5 year old daughter excited to read them. They offer short little questions you can ask your kids to get them talking and learning. And then end every page with a very short verse and prayer. I would definitely purchase again!
on September 4, 2015
I love this cute little devotional. My kids love it too! It is written just for preschools and has pictures, a small and understandable devotion, a verse and a little summary in the corner. My kids loved it so much that they wanted me to read more and more pages. I am excited to read this daily this year. The book does a MUCH better job at explaining Christian concepts to my children than I do.