BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 28, 2017
Came early! Which was good, even though the case had a little damage, I am still very pleased with my purchased!
on March 2, 2017
Great album! However, the item was listed as "New" when it really wasn't.
on May 19, 2016
Who doesn't love this song?!
on November 19, 2014
Good. seeds of Gasp of Air... and Viva La Vida can be heard. I must be working backwards in their discography.
on May 11, 2003
This Cd includes songs from Coldplay's first demo cd and is a great investment for any real fan.
on May 4, 2002
Respect and objectiveness are essential in every review or comment we make, wheather we're talking about music or about our own lives. In a few words, and not being exactly crazy about Coldplay and having a truly wide music range within my preferences, I feel Coldplay are one of the new young bands that have given optimism and simplicity, melody and beauty back to pop music. And we're talking about no genius here but simply about the will to stop crying about todays depressed world and maybe about our own depression, worries or fears, but to sing about the good things in life - things about which many of us forget every day. YELLOW has childish and, to some, even meaningless words, it's true, but we can otherwise interpret the song as a simple call to realize the stars in heaven can suddenly become the icon of hope and optimism - then we say life is worth after all. If that's a crime - as some of you suggest - I do not agree. Chris Martin may not be the best of voices to emerge in british pop lately but is certainly a talented song-writer being honest and simple as he is. We are in front of four young guys playing and singing to the brighter side of life and even the bright side of not so good events in out lives.
PARACHUTES is a simple collection of thoughts and sounds that take as back to an essential truth - you don't always have to suffer with music. Everything is not lost, Don't panic - statements like these seem very important to me in days like these, particularly if we care about the rest. Some or many of the Amazon customers may not and do not have to agree - but, to me, Coldplay are a talented cuartet that will probably be remembered for their honesty and their will to share their love and amuzement.
I recommend YELLOW and the whole PARACHUTES album to anyone into direct and melodic pop and am very glad to hear their 2nd album is being recorded.
"Yellow" is the song that got Coldplay the attention of US audiences, and while it is a good song for sure, it is surely not the best that Coldplay offers on "Parachutes", their debut album which features "Yellow".
This CD offers "Yellow" and 2 additonal tracks: "Help Is Around the Corner" is a short (2'34) throwaway with Chris Martin on accoustic guitar that has the feeling of "Hey Chris, we need a track for the single, can you make up something quickly?"
"No More Keeping My Feet Off the Ground" is taken from Coldplay's first (independent) release, the EP "Safety" (April 1998), and gives a great insight on how much the band has matured since then. It is the best song on this CD, but the sound is somewhat muffled, yet it shows the band at its intruiging origins.
Bottom line: for Coldplay completists only.... If you're looking for Coldplay singles, go instead for "Shiver" or "The Blue Room EP" (see my reviews there)
on August 31, 2006
I can never say enough good things about Coldplay. They are fantastic and getting better and stronger even more now. The single cd of "Yellow" contain one of their biggest hits, as well as two other tracks, "Help Is Round The Corner" and "No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground" which are b-sides of the single, are just testament to their greatness today! Don't hesitate to get this!
on December 7, 2008
Coldplay is one of the best groups extant and these secondary CDs are all entirely worth investing in. The songs on this one are truly delightful. I enjoy it very, very much. Viva la Coldplay!
on January 31, 2014
I love the song Yellow, and wanted to buy only that song, but I had to buy 2 other songs with it and I'm not very happy about that. This song is really old and I feel that I should've been able to buy it by itself.