Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Yellowstone's Backcountry Cutthroats Paperback – July 6, 2011
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I think this book is a great value. Here are some of the reasons I'm glad I dropped $2.99 on it:
- The author provides detailed reviews of several different backcountry destinations. I'm headed for Slough Creek this August, and it was useful to have his suggestions about how to organize the trip to have a chance to fish all the different sections of the creek.
- His descriptions of the trails, rivers, and campsites focus on what you really need to know and leave out the obvious minutia that so often clogs books of this type. By giving recommended trips for each location, he provides a picture of what you are really going to encounter in a way that actually helps with planning.
- He gives a good overview of the seasons in the park, and when you're most likely to find good fishing at which locations
- There is a very good list of other resources you might want to check out or acquire, including maps, books, websites, fly shops, and videos
- He gives a good overview of the process for reserving a backcountry campsite, which the National Park Service does not make all that easy if you don't already know how to do it.
There are many other useful tips as well (about weather, bears, travel logistics in the park, and more). Give it a try.
Yellowstone's Backcountry Cutthroats is packed full of useful tips no outdoor enthusiast should be without when planning a trip to Yellowstone. This exceptional book will teach you how and where to set up camp, what lakes to venture to at different times of the year, the joys of fly fishing, how to incorporate the family into your trip and much, much more.
Yellowstone's Backcountry Cutthroats is an extremely helpful tool to incorporate in the planning of your trip to Yellowstone's backcountry. It is well written and easy to understand. Certainly, a book you would not want to arrange a trip to Yellowstone without.