Showing 1-10 of 4,968 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,389 reviews
on August 2, 2016
I bought this Yeti 20 oz. Rambler Tumbler for $21 on July 22, 2016. It took about 2 weeks because it was “back ordered”. It was Prime (2-day delivery) and was not being shipped from China. We have bought a few of these from Academy as gifts and my wife owns one (you can tell who make the BIG bucks in our house). I started looking for a tumbler because the one I was using at work was pretty beat up but I didn’t want to send $30 for one (yes I’m cheap). When I saw this one in Amazon, I thought it was a fair price for a Yeti. After placing the order, I started reading some of the reviews. A good amount of people reviewing stated that they were getting fake ones. I did some research and by the time I got my Amazon Yeti I was armed with this information. Sure enough the one I got was a fake one. I took some pictures of the fake vs real (my wife’s 20 oz. will some scuffs). I tried to label the pics: fake on the left in red, real on the right in green. Hopefully they are good enough to see through the website.

1) LIDS – This is the most obvious sign of real vs fake: the real lids are clear; the fake ones have a blue tint. You probably can’t see the tint in the picture but you can tell once you have it in front of you. Also on the fake lid, the YETI font is bit smaller than the real one; the hole on the top side is a bit bigger and closer to the center. There is a difference on the bottom opening (might not be too obvious in the picture).

2) LABELS – The letter “E” in Yeti are different. The fake one has a different font. In the real one, the center line/ or dash of the letter is uneven (compared to the top and bottom line/ dash) and the fake one are all even. Also in ‘20 oz.’, the font is different. And of course the placement of the certain words is obvious. FYI: I got this info from a YouTube video

3) BOTTOM – The font is different, the fake one has a bolder font. But the most obvious thing here is the gap. The real one has not gap where the two pieces of the cup mate, the fake one does.

4) HEIGHT – The fake one is about 1/8” taller

5) UNDER – The 2 tumblers have the “Design in in Austin…” sentence but the numbers after “China” are different. I’m not 100% if all cups have a different number, I couldn’t find any info on this.

I didn’t take any pictures of this but the literature that came in the cup, but fake cup and real are about the same. The fake cup does come with 2 stickers the real one has 1 sticker.

Since I don’t have a scale, I don’t have any info on the weight. There is a difference in weight, I think the real Yetis are a bit heavier (also got this info from a YouTube video).

Conclusion: This is a pretty good fake cup but not worth $21 (maybe $5). If you are paying anything under $30 and/or if the cup is being shipped directly for China, chances it is a fake. My advice (if you want a real Yeti) buy one directly from Yeti, REI, Academy, Dick’s, Cabela’s, ACE Hardware…

At the end I did spend $30: I bought 3 Ozark Trails (look up Yeti vs Ozark Trail in YouTube) from the local Wally-Mart: two 20oz tumblers and one 30oz tumbler. One 20 oz. for work, one 30 oz. for travel/ trips and one 20 oz. for my weekend beer.
review imagereview imagereview image
2,058 people found this helpful
|2828 comments|Report abuse
on July 30, 2016
Bigfoot isn't real... and neither is this YETI. I don't normally leave reviews but BUYER BEWARE: these cups are NOT authentic!
299 people found this helpful
on July 21, 2016
This is a fake YETI. Do not order from Cold Duck Cottage. We just compared this tumbler to our other authentic YETI cups and the difference is most obvious in the lid having a blue tint and not sealing properly. Not eligible for a return.
review image
1,142 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on June 5, 2016
BUYER BEWARE!!! These are not authentic Yeti tumblers, they are fake!! I originally purchased one from REI and noticed that the two I recently ordered from Amazon did not look or feel right. I called Yeti and they confirmed that the lids should have the Yeti name engraved on them and they did not.
1,089 people found this helpful
|2525 comments|Report abuse
on August 11, 2016
Buyers BEWARE!! Poor packaging! And product is FAKE! FAKE!! FAKE!!!
138 people found this helpful
on March 18, 2017
The other reviewers were right. This is not the real thing. The lid has started to crack after 3 weeks. I have had another Yeti for 8 months and haven't had any problems with the lid.
119 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2016
The image pictured has a YETI lid. My tumbler did not.
207 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2017
 BUYER BEWARE. I received my order today, which was "shipped and sold" by Amazon directly, and it is a FAKE. It came with a Cincinnati Reds logo and the word "Premium" under it. (WHAT THE?!) When you inspect it further, there are a host of problems. I have another YETI Rambler to compare it to, side by side. The weight is off. The knock-off is much lighter. The grain of the metal is terrible. The "E" on the lid isn't correct (the mid-line should be shorter than the top and bottom line). The insert should be matte finish; it is glossy. The kerning (spacing) on the word "comfortably" on the label is off. I am really bummed because it was sold by Amazon, not a third party!
review imagereview imagereview image
41 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2016
These mugs are absolutely NOT authentic. I purchased these and they did not keep hot things hot and they showed up in very suspicious packaging from somewhere in China. While Yeti ramblers that ARE authentic are manufactured in China the packaging for these was very suspicious. I purchased an authentic mug from an authorized retailer and compared them. THere are many obvious differences that show the fake from the real products. The lids are not the same and the vent holes are ind different locations, the finish of the edges are not as clean as the authentic, and the etching on the bottom is replaced with paint on the fakes. ALL of the stickers and labels are markedly different from the authentic mugs as well. I am providing photos of what i received so you won't be deceived either. The box in the pictures is the box i received each mug in.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
95 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 21, 2016
Counterfeit items!!! These are not authentic Yeti products!!! Buyers beware.
266 people found this helpful