Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on April 5, 2013
I was not aware of the sterilization practice going on. I knew of the migration wave in 50s and 60s but I thought they came for a better life, little did I know the squaller they came to live in and that "The Man" just wanted to keep us down. I knew thee was discrimination but know I can understand "why" because it had nothing to do with the color of our skin since we were "white-skinned and I was born here in Pennsylvania, not Puerto Rico.
on June 3, 2016
This is a very good short documentary of Puerto Rico . It should be watch by the younger generation that are born and live in the United States . Many do not have any idea of the history of Puerto Rico and what we went through . For those that have no knowledge of Puerto rico this is a good DVDs to watch .
on December 6, 2015
This documentary has a great story and a combination of history and a glimpse inside the life of Hispanics in America the video quality is not great all the time and the editing and sound or not Hollywood quality but the information and history makes it worth watching
on October 20, 2012
This video was very educational and it showed how the historical facts of Boriqua in the united states. Rosie Perez did an excellent job directing the documentery by using personal life experience to show how Puerto Ricans have influenced the culture of the USA. Very well done as my high school students enjoyed watching it. Will recomend this to learn about the Puerto Rican in the USA.
on January 13, 2013
Rosie Perez is great in this documentary about the Puerto Rican experience in New York. Jimmy Smits is wonderful as the narrator of this film. Reminds me of my days growing up in New York City in the 70's and taught me alot about the Puerto Rican culture I never knew before. Sixto--one of Rosie's real life cousins will make you laugh everytime you watch this. My daughter and I watch it every few months. Love it!
on December 19, 2014
on September 3, 2007
Es una pelicula tipo documental orientada a fomentar lo que nosotros los que hemos vivido en el Norte llamamos "Puerto Rican Pride."

Comienza con un desfile puertorriqueño por la 5ta avenida dandole importancia al significado que tiene este evento para los Niuyoricans.

En cierta forma es como una autobiografía de Rosie y de la historia de su familia dentro del contexto historico de la migracion puertorriqueña. En ese conglomerado de eventos hay una perspectiva de opresión y de liberación del boricua de su posición como migrante. Corre la tematica de cultura, idioma, amor a la identidad boricua y da un mensaje de que a pesar de todas las tribulaciones el boricua echa pa'lante.

Tiene un componente politico que incluye la llegada de los Americanos a Puerto Rico en el 1898; la participacion de boricuas en las guerras; Albizu Campos; Hernan Badillo; Nydia Velazquez; los Young Lords y Culebra. Menciona los programas de migracion y de esterilizacion de las mujeres boricuas de los 50's y 60's.

Tiene su componente historico y racial: los tainos; los negros y los españoles. Tambien las aportaciones de los artistas boricuas.

Entiendo que está muy bien lograda. Se las recomiendo
on September 4, 2013
Enhances ones knowledge of Puerto Rico, a must see short movie, but one that one will not forget.... recommend it to all who have or plan on visiting the island...
on March 19, 2015
This is a must see! It teaches the new generation who were born in the states about our history. Love this and I make all my kids friends watch it lol they are happy they saw it after. Trust me it's great!
on April 27, 2014
Rosey along with her family talk bout their family and there history. They also talk bout the history of P.R. I learned a lot bout the Puerto Rican history. Its very informative.