Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on September 14, 2012
I am a yoga teacher and recently began teaching a class for students with depression and/or anxiety. I originally started to read Weintraub's "Yoga for Depression," which is aimed more at individuals who are seeking out help, but found it a little bit too theoretical for my taste. As soon as I started reading "Yoga Skills for Therapists," I knew I'd found the right text: it gives great scientific research and philosophical foundations of such practices as pranayama, sound, and mudra, while also giving tons of concrete exercises you can plan into your yoga class (or therapy session). She also distinguishes between what practices are best for what condition, and gives advice on how to build trust and a solid foundation with your students/clients using said practices.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who works with depressed and/or anxious clients and is looking for practical skills to use and the reasons to use them. It's also taken my own personal yoga practice to a deeper place, which I think helps me connect more with my students.
on February 7, 2016
A great introduction for therapists. Easy to read with specific ways to implement yoga principles into the therapeutic relationship. Highly recommend!
on October 15, 2013
As practitioner of Life Force Yoga, I found this book to be a fantastic summary of the practices. I bought it first on Kindle, but I wanted it in my hands so that I could write in the margins and take notes as I practiced and learned more. Thanks Amy for bringing so many of your insights alive!
on March 10, 2017
Wonderful reading about yoga and managing one's mood. Taking different poses to change the way you feel. I recommend this book for anyone that uses yoga for everyday life.
on October 10, 2014
Awesome book! Very easy to read and understand. Helpful as a clinician even if you've never had any training in breathing techniques before. Highly recommend!
on May 10, 2014
I bought this book while working on a presentation for my master's program. It was very informative and practical for anyone, but especially those in the helping field.
on June 18, 2016
This a wonderful resource for yoga teachers and therapists alike!
on January 29, 2015
Very good book...I have found it useful both personally and clinically.
on August 17, 2015
very valuable and helpful ideas for therapists on incorporating Yoga into sessions with your clients.
on August 13, 2015
I am a mental health therapist and yoga teacher. This is a great book and an asset to my practice