- Save 10% on your 2nd yoga mat when you purchase 2 or more from YogaAccessories. Here's how (restrictions apply)
YogaAccessories 1/4" Thick High Density Deluxe Non Slip Exercise Pilates & Yoga Mat
- Low Return Rate: 22% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "1/4 inch yoga mat"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$5.25 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- At 74" long by 24" wide, our versatile 6mm yoga mat is two times as dense as the average yoga mat and is a full 6" longer
- Double-sided non slip texture provides comfort and allows for the perfect amount of stickiness to give you the stability you need for any pose
- Durable and tear-resistant workout mats are constructed without toxic phthalates, latex or heavy metals
- Premium weight mat material is perfect for any type of yoga or pilates routine and will last for many years to come
- All genuine YogaAccessories products are covered by a 30 day "No Questions Asked" money back guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
YogaAccessories 1/4'' Extra Thick High-Density Yoga Mat for Exercise and Fitness
Melt into your favorite pose with our 6mm YogaAccessories Extra Thick Deluxe Yoga Mat. At 74” long, 4 lbs and over 1/4" thick, this durable mat is a staple for all yogis who love to Shavasana in comfort and style. With many vibrant colors to choose from, you are sure to stand out in the studio. Made of the highest quality materials and completely latex and phthalate-free with no heavy metals used in the inks and dyes. Enhance your practice and see why our luxurious cushioning and non-slip grip have made our mats the most popular mats in yoga studios, schools, fitness clubs and at home!
When looking around for the perfect yoga mat, note that what many other companies call a 1/4'' mat may actually be significantly less than 1/4'', some we have seen as little as 4.2mm in thickness -- considerably thinner than this mat. Rest assured knowing we offer the densest mats on the market!
Are you tired of having to constantly replace your mats due to wear and tear or poor performance? Our yoga mats offer anti-tear and scratch resistance properties to endure years and years of abuse. The mats come in a variety of colors that are strong and vivacious, but not overpowering in their brightness. This superior exercise mat will add comfort to your yoga workouts. Our thicker non-slip mats are good for all types of yoga, especially for restorative poses.
Tips for Avoiding a Slippery Yoga Mat:
Sticky yoga mats offer excellent cushion and joint support for your routine, but it's not uncommon for brand new mats to be a little slippery during the first couple weeks. This slipperiness will fade quickly with frequent use. Follow these tips below to help expedite the "break-in" process:
- Choose a side - the best way to break in your mat is to select one side and stick with it. Like new shoes, using your mat daily for 1-2 weeks can help break in the material for a less slippery practice.
- Layering - Before practice, spray your mat with some water and then layer with a thin cotton yoga mat/towel to assist your sweaty palms and feet. A microfiber towel is also a good quick-drying solution for layering.
- Wash it - One of the most notable methods to eliminate a sleek mat is to wash it! Use a yoga mat cleaner or mild soap detergent and wipe the mat down with a towel. Hang dry for 24 hours.
We are proud to offer one of the densest mats on the market. No need to resort to larger and heavier mats, our 1/4" mat provides superior density and rebound to even most bulky 1/2" mats on the market. Just give our mat a pinch and see how we stack up against the competition.
Have confidence in your workout. Our unique combination of open and closed cell material provides the perfect mixture of sweat-absorbing grip and joint-saving density.
Put your mind at ease knowing our mats are manufactured with your safety as our top priority. YogaAccessories 1/4'' yoga mats are completely latex, phthalates, and heavy metal-free.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As you'll see in the photos, I've also purchased a "2 in 1 Stretch Strap / Mat Sling" to carry my mat and assist my stretches! The two make a great pair and the strap can be found here: 2-IN-1 Premium Lightweight Yoga Stretch Strap Belt & Mat Carrier Sling. 6 foot Long, 100% Cotton. Perfect Yoga Accessory for Women, Men, Beginners to Pros. Fits All Yoga Mats & Maintain Poses.
The thickness of the mat has a lot of advantages. I've used thicker maps that I've had problems balancing on and thinner mats (Gaiam) that will move during exercises. The Gaiam mat has also not aged well at all.
Warning on cleaning: This mat is a BIG sponge when wet. To wash it I put it in fresh water first and let it soak before applying soap. If you put it in soapy water from the start, it will take a very long time to get the soap out of the mat.
I had three of the YogaAccessories mats shipped to my parents' house for a recent visit. They'd been interested in starting yoga, and I couldn't justify purchasing higher quality mats for a class or two.
What was nice about these mats:
* Size - 74" length is much better than Gaiam's standard 68" length
* Stickiness - after a quick wash with Manduka Renew Mat Wash, our hands never slipped
* Color Assortment
What was less than perfect:
* Compresses with longer kneeling poses - mat temporarily squishes flat until your knees feel the ground
* Smell - light chemical smell that mostly faded after first wash
* Loud - you could hear "stickiness" when adjusting hands/feet (preferable to slipping)
All in all, I think these are great introductory yoga mats. My biggest complaint was when I could feel the ground through the mat on an extended crescent lunge, but you could easily combat this by placing a blanket under your knee (often recommended by yoga instructors anyway). I'll definitely continue to use the mat during future visits.
1) the smell that always comes with PVC
- It does have a smell to it. I haven't washed mine, as some have suggested, but I honestly barely notice it while practicing yoga. But if you are super sensitive to scents you may want to avoid this mat. It doesn't bother me at all.
2) Slippery surface.
- I haven't used this mat by itself, I always use a towel, so I couldn't tell you if it's slippery or not, but from the feel I imagine it would be. If you're in the market for a yoga mat and are on a budget then you can always go with a mat like this one and then place a large towel like a beach towel over it and you won't slide. You can also purchase, as I did, a yoga mat towel made for this purpose and still come in at a lower price than buying a premium mat.
- Before I bought this mat I used a 1/2" exercise mat made out of a spongy material. It provided cushion for my hands and knees, but it was very unstable while trying to balance on it. If you're concerned about having enough cushion for your hands/knees then this mat is middle of the road. It is certainly more dense than my wife's yoga mat of similar thickness so it does provide more of a buffer between me and the floor, but there are definitely times when I feel the floor through it with my knees. If comfort is your primary concern or have any joint issues then I would definitely consider a premium mat if it is within your budget. I've felt the density of Lululemon's "The Mat" (5mm version) and it would definitely provide more support, in addition to providing a less slippery surface for those of you who sweat a lot during hot yoga. If you're in the market for a budget mat, this one definitely gives just a little more cushion than the average budget mat.
- Just a quick side note, at 74" this mat is a longer than the average yoga mat (72"), which is a definite plus! I have enough length on the mat to lay flat on my stomach with my toes extended and still keep both my face and my feet on the mat.