- Save 10% on your 2nd yoga mat when you purchase 2 or more from YogaAccessories. Here's how (restrictions apply)
YogaAccessories 1/4" Extra Thick Deluxe Yoga Mat
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- At 74" long by 24" wide, our versatile 6mm yoga mat is two times as dense as the average yoga mat and is a full 6" longer
- Double-sided non slip texture provides comfort and allows for the perfect amount of stickiness to give you the stability you need for any pose
- Durable and tear-resistant workout mats are constructed without toxic phthalates, latex or heavy metals
- Premium weight mat material is perfect for any type of yoga or pilates routine and will last for many years to come
- All genuine YogaAccessories products are covered by a 30 day "No Questions Asked" money back guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
YogaAccessories 1/4'' Extra Thick High-Density Yoga Mat for Exercise and Fitness
When looking around for the perfect yoga mat, note that what many other companies call a 1/4'' mat may actually be significantly less than 1/4'', some we have seen as little as 4.2mm in thickness -- considerably thinner than this mat. Rest assured knowing we offer the densest mats on the market!
Cleaning and Care Instructions:
Yoga Mats are very durable and can last you years, as long as you keep them clean and give them some care. Not only do you want it to look like new, but you want to guard against bacteria for your own health and that of others. To clean your mat, use light soap and water. Lay the mat flat on a clean surface. Gently wipe the mats down with a clean wet sponge or rag. Avoid using soaps with scented oils as they leave unwanted chemicals that can be absorbed by the mat.
We are proud to offer one of the densest mats on the market. No need to resort to larger and heavier mats, our 1/4" mat provides superior density and rebound to even most bulky 1/2" mats on the market. Just give our mat a pinch and see how we stack up against the competition.
Have confidence in your workout. Our unique combination of open and closed cell material provides the perfect mixture of sweat-absorbing grip and joint-saving density.
Put your mind at ease knowing our mats are manufactured with your safety as our top priority. YogaAccessories 1/4'' yoga mats are completely latex, phthalates, and heavy metal-free.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
As you'll see in the photos, I've also purchased a "2 in 1 Stretch Strap / Mat Sling" to carry my mat and assist my stretches! The two make a great pair and the strap can be found here: 2-IN-1 Premium Lightweight Yoga Stretch Strap Belt & Mat Carrier Sling. 6 foot Long, 100% Cotton. Perfect Yoga Accessory for Women, Men, Beginners to Pros. Fits All Yoga Mats & Maintain Poses.
The one big negative I have right now is that it does feel pretty slippery. Attempting to do diamond pushups on this and my hands keep wanting to slide out from under me. Other reviews indicate that this may lessen with use, so I will update this in due time. In the meantime, I cut up a portion of a cardboard box (about 24" x 10") and lay that on top of the mat to keep my hands more firmly in place when needed.
I had three of the YogaAccessories mats shipped to my parents' house for a recent visit. They'd been interested in starting yoga, and I couldn't justify purchasing higher quality mats for a class or two.
What was nice about these mats:
* Size - 74" length is much better than Gaiam's standard 68" length
* Stickiness - after a quick wash with Manduka Renew Mat Wash, our hands never slipped
* Color Assortment
What was less than perfect:
* Compresses with longer kneeling poses - mat temporarily squishes flat until your knees feel the ground
* Smell - light chemical smell that mostly faded after first wash
* Loud - you could hear "stickiness" when adjusting hands/feet (preferable to slipping)
All in all, I think these are great introductory yoga mats. My biggest complaint was when I could feel the ground through the mat on an extended crescent lunge, but you could easily combat this by placing a blanket under your knee (often recommended by yoga instructors anyway). I'll definitely continue to use the mat during future visits.
1) the smell that always comes with PVC
- It does have a smell to it. I haven't washed mine, as some have suggested, but I honestly barely notice it while practicing yoga. But if you are super sensitive to scents you may want to avoid this mat. It doesn't bother me at all.
2) Slippery surface.
- I haven't used this mat by itself, I always use a towel, so I couldn't tell you if it's slippery or not, but from the feel I imagine it would be. If you're in the market for a yoga mat and are on a budget then you can always go with a mat like this one and then place a large towel like a beach towel over it and you won't slide. You can also purchase, as I did, a yoga mat towel made for this purpose and still come in at a lower price than buying a premium mat.
- Before I bought this mat I used a 1/2" exercise mat made out of a spongy material. It provided cushion for my hands and knees, but it was very unstable while trying to balance on it. If you're concerned about having enough cushion for your hands/knees then this mat is middle of the road. It is certainly more dense than my wife's yoga mat of similar thickness so it does provide more of a buffer between me and the floor, but there are definitely times when I feel the floor through it with my knees. If comfort is your primary concern or have any joint issues then I would definitely consider a premium mat if it is within your budget. I've felt the density of Lululemon's "The Mat" (5mm version) and it would definitely provide more support, in addition to providing a less slippery surface for those of you who sweat a lot during hot yoga. If you're in the market for a budget mat, this one definitely gives just a little more cushion than the average budget mat.
- Just a quick side note, at 74" this mat is a longer than the average yoga mat (72"), which is a definite plus! I have enough length on the mat to lay flat on my stomach with my toes extended and still keep both my face and my feet on the mat.