Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 21, 2012
I have been using an electrical-yogurt-incubator since 1995 and decided to get this product after I found out about it from a website. The first time I used the Yogotherm the yogurt came out soupy, but that didn't bother me because I was making Greek yogurt. Wow, my Greek yogurt came out great; sweet and not too tart. The secont time I used the Yogotherm I placed it in a thermal shopping bag with a towel to cover the top and ten hours later I had two quarts of beautiful organic yogurt. It really works! No more wasting electricity to make yogurt.

I wish the two quart bucket wasn't plastic. Stainless steel or glass would be great.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2012
I bought this because I'm addicted to Greek Yogurt, but I'm moving to China, where I don't suppose it's an easily available staple. I wanted to take a yogurt maker, but obviously there are issues around current and voltage. I saw Yogotherm, but it sounded a bit dodgy to me, so I dug around on Amazon and other sites, looking for reviews. I didn't find any complaints, and finally decided "what the heck!" and ordered it. (I might add I also didn't want all those fussy little jars!)

In a word (or 3) I love it. It is so very easy to use. Just heat your milk, let it cool, add the starter, put it in the container and leave it for 8 hours. You're done!

Of course, if you want Greek yogurt, you need to strain it for another 8-12 hours, which means you don't end up with much yogurt overall, but it tasted fabulous! Also, if you add a 1/2 cup of nonfat powdered milk, it produces a firmer yogurt.

I do add an extra step of putting a jar of boiling water in the Yogotherm with the lid on in order to heat the styrofoam. It just helps it retain heat better while your yogurt sets.
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 1, 2013
I had use of one of these years ago and it was great. I have been putting off buying one of my own because of the cost for a hunk of plastic and foam. After disappointing results with all the other DIY ways to make yogurt at home, I finally broke down. I eat yogurt every morning and the cost of Greek yogurt is prohibitive not to mention ALL those plastic containers. This makes delicious yogurt. And a lot of it. It's fool proof and uses no electricity. What is there not to love? Just the price. Although you will quickly recoup your cash (and save a lot of plastic tubs).
on May 15, 2016
I bought the Yogotherm yoghurt maker because it does not need electricity to incubate your yoghurt. The yoghurt maker consists of a) an outer plastic container that is insulated with Styrofoam to maintain its temperature and b) an inner pail. I found it useful for making yoghurt during winter. To preserve the plastic pail, I placed 2-3 glass jars of yoghurt starter in it (instead of pouring it directly into the pail). The yoghurt turned out well. Currently, this is sold together with a Greek yoghurt starter kit Greek Yogurt Bundle
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2014
This is the second Yogotherm I have owned and they are wonderful basically because they use no electricity. They make a large amount of yogurt and come with a recipe book. I am trying to transition from electric kitchen appliances to non-electric and this certainly does the job.
on July 8, 2012
I've tried the electric ones. All they do is make the bottom of the container overly crumbly (do you like crumbly yogurt?). This makes superb yogurt.
on December 4, 2012
This was purchased as a gift. Delivery time and product were as expected, and the recipient was delighted. It makes a heck of a lot of yogurt, so there has been only one test so far, but this was successful.
on January 1, 2013
It is just a good investment for me and I have tried goat milk yogurt and also whole milk yogurt
on March 20, 2015
Works great! Love it.
on October 28, 2013
My first batch with it turned out OK, but had a little more tang to it than I prefer. I believe I'll try the recipe that came with it next time. It calls for different heating (180) and cooling temps (118) and a different curdling time (3-5 hrs) than other yogurt recipes I've seen and the recipe also optionally adds gelatin (2 tsp) and non fat dry milk powder (1/2 cup). It also came with a packet of culture and calls for saving in a small sanitized glass jar 4 tablespoons of yogurt from each batch to make the next one with. I agree with the one of the other reviews, in that it seems like a lot of money for what is essentially a plastic bucket encased in Styrofoam. I'm thinking the 1/2 gallon thermal water jug, which I already own, would have worked as well for 1/4 the price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.