Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,355 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,429 reviews
on November 17, 2014
I have used a few Canon flashes from the 540ez to the 430ex and these are wonderful! No color issues that I can see. I used these quite a bit in the last few days and I can't stop myself. I am a semi professional photographer and I am impressed! I love these, with a controller it's a great bargain for the price. They are so cheap they are practically disposable. I don't have to cry if one breaks, I don't have to worry if I lose one. Peace of mind because of the great price. Finally a good reliable flash that doesn't cost a fortune!!!!.......Canon, sorry, I will never spend on your flashes ever again! You lose. That 430ex was $299, biggest waste of money ever! That has to be one of the worst purchases I ever made....

As far as TTL, ETTL, those features are nice but they are not reliable nor are they worth the added expense in my opinion. Manual control of the flash is always better than letting the camera make your choices for you....

Update, I have six of these, it's been several months now and no issues. I am very happy I decided to buy these.
review image review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 13, 2016
This is my 3rd Yongnuo 560III so pretty much I live by Yongnuo now. Great affordable brand! You can check my work with it through Khang Huynh Photo on Facebook.
review image review image
on December 5, 2014
I started adding YN560 v3's to my collection after using the YN560 v2 (which I haven't had any issues) for awhile. Speaking from a simplicity stand point and having used the Canon 580EXII's and 430EXII's in the past, the Yongnuo flash has an easier interface for someone not looking for all the bells and whistles but want the brightness of 580EXII's. At least according to their data, the full power output is identical to that of the 580EXII's and assuming it's the same for Nikon's top of the line SB flash.

Another plus side of using either flash, the Yongnuo's are MUCH easier to change the manual brightness not having to scroll and turn the jog dial on the 430EX/580EX. While the YN560 v3 adds the integrated receiver which is nice when working with off camera setup with using one or more.

What the YN560 v2's and III's don't have are the high speed sync and rear curtain sync. If you want those options you'll have to pay double for the YN568-EX which will do just that. Obviously if you shoot events and need the flash to be able to communicate with your Canon camera directly (Nikon is more forgiving in that sense with these flash) then buy couple or more YN568-EX's.

With that said, if you don't need rear curtain sync or the high speed sync, save yourself some money and buy the Yongnuo's. I know many pro's that use these flash without any issue.

Who should buy this? Well, if you're a hobbyist just starting to external flash, the YN560 v2's will do just fine. YN560 v3's is nice for anyone looking to do off camera shot but also have the simplicity of buying one transceiver (RF-603 as an example) and not having to buy receiver for each flash which I've done with the YN560 v2's. If you buy multiple III's you can buy YN560-TX specifically for this model to control the flash power individually from the transceiver. This is a nice option for faster workflow and someone that uses the flash in multiple locations that require on the fly change in flash output power.

If you're planning to just buy one flash, you can buy the YN560 v2's. You can use it directly on your Canon t2i, 60D, 70D, 5DMKII's and any Canon DSLR's. But if you're planning to buy two or more, I would probably invest in the v3 and buy a tranceiver. If you want to control each v3's remotely (if you use two or more and is not close together) then definitely get yourself the YN560-TX to control the flash output. It'll save you a lot of time and aggravation of going back and forth between each flash. I do a bit of real estate photography and it's such a hassle to do this when setting up three or more flash.

***Other Things to Note***

Contruction is very sturdy. They pretty much copied Canon's design and while Canon has a tad bit smoother operation overall and the nice latch system to lock the flash in place, Yongnuo flash has held up very well.

When using with FULL flash power, take in consideration these portable flash aren't like a monolight or other high power flash designed for studios. You don't want to use the full power output often or it'll shutdown to prevent the camera from being damaged. This is the same with Canon flash. I would use 1/2 or lower output if possible. It's bright enough for most use but not exactly for lighting up a venue or areas that have tall ceilings. You'll need to use multiple flash with such setup (by then you'll likely use a monolight or strobe of some kind).

Batteries I've been using Energizer for many years but I know many are very happy with Eneloop's from Sanyo. I always carry extra's charged in my case.

Don't let the price fool you. I've been shooting for over 15 years, owned Alien Bee's and Canon flash but Yongnuo's aren't to be discredited. One of the best bang for the buck for amateur's and pro's alike. You just need to understand what flash you need and for what situation. For most hobbyist the YN560 v2's will do just fine. Creative photographers, real estate, events and other on-the-go photographers will find the 560 v3's and 568EX's fit their needs.

Want a simple kids/family portrait but properly lit room? Just aim the flash head behind you or where a wall is start shooting! I'll often times set my 6D to manual mode, ISO100-400, speed to 1/160 and aperture of f/4 and get a very clean image of my kids running around. With the 568EX, you can add the second curtain sync to slow down the shutter speed slower and leave a trail indoor or outdoor for some fun looking image.

It's a very fun way to get your photography in a creative direction!

***Off Camera Setup***

As mentioned earlier, this v3 has the 2.4 GHz receiver built in. So you'll need one 2.4 GHz transmitter like the Yongnuo RF-603. Amazon has that single flash + single transmitter combo.

But let's just say you want to buy two flash and want both to be off the camera. Same setup as above with one transmitter will suffice. Where the YN560-TX comes into play is if you want to control each flash from the transmitter ($50 vs $30 for the RF-603). Otherwise if you're doing small product photography or you don't need a fast workflow then you might save yourself $30. But if you're doing this on a location or needing to step away or bring down the flash from a light stand then the YN560-TX will come in VERY handy.

Even with the v2, if you buy one tranceiver kit, you'll be able to fire off the flash off camera no problem. The only thing about the v2 without the built-in receiver of course needs to have the receiver on the hot shoe. Now here's where people get confused. Reliability wise, yes you want to have receiver on each v2's and any flash that doesn't have the built-in receiver like the v3's. BUT, both v2 & v3 has an option called "S1" that can be triggered by any other flash. As soon as detects a flash of light it'll also flash without having to use another receiver. The limitation of course is the face of the flash needs to face towards the source of the flash. If you're in another room with it triggering it may not trigger the v2 reliably.

And let's just say you don't want to buy a tranceiver! Still works as long as you have one flash on camera, set the other flash to S1 and make sure each flash (the acrylic red plate side) is facing relatively close towards the flash source then you can trigger them to your hearts content!

My personal opinion? For the difference of mere $70, get yourself this v3 version so you have better option to upgrade in the future. I still love my v2's for doing one flash portrait or when I just need something very simple and fast to put on at home but for multiple flash I'll use the v3 for the ease of setup when it comes to multiple setup.

Feel free to ask any questions!
on November 1, 2014
I'm a hobbyist with a Sony A6000, Panasonic GX1 and an RX100 (original model, no hotshoe). I bought this flash because it's much cheaper than the native auto flashes and gives the same or more light based on the published specs. Granted it's not automatic but that's a very small hurdle to overcome, especially if you're making use of an ILC. Since the multi-purpose hot shoe on the A6000 doesn't always work with standard hot shoe devices, I'm using the pop-up flash to trigger the Yongnuo and it works perfectly! Taking portraits indoors, I can stay low with the ISO and get well lit sharp pictures. It's powerful enough to bounce off the ceiling, so I can achieve little or no shadows. With the GX1, I can attach the Yongnuo to the hot shoe directly and it recognizes it perfectly fine. Just for kicks, I tried triggering the Yongnuo using the RX100 pop-up flash and that worked just as well.
To get around the hot shoe problem, I purchased a couple of adapters to try and mount the flash on the camera. I ended up with two adapters, the Sony ADP-MAA and Pixel TF-325. I was then able to mount the Yongnuo on the adapters and the camera was able to trigger the flash directly. Only problem is it's quite top heavy though relatively sturdy. However, it does come with a stand and so you can place it on any flat surface or that stand can be mounted on a tripod if required.
With 4 AA batteries I was able to get around 100 or so exposures at 1/8 power. Next purchase will be a battery pack and a wireless trigger to take things to the next level!

Update:
After a little research, it turns out that the Sony hot shoe has a thin layer of black paint on it that causes some devices, like this flash, to not be able to ground itself. Taking a nail file (sand paper would work too), I scraped off some of the paint on the undersurface of the left and right edges of the sony hot shoe being careful not to scrape anything else. And that worked perfectly. So now I can mount this flash directly on the a6000 and it triggers every time.
For even more flexibility, I've added the YN560-TX to the mix. I now have the flash mounted off camera, but I can control all of its settings from the remote controller and of course trigger it.
on February 19, 2016
I bought 3 of these and have used them for a few quickie location portrait jobs. They work well indoors. THE INFRARED TRIGGER DOES NOT WORK WELL OUTSIDE!! Forget the IR and go with Pocket Wizards.

Firing these units with a pop-up camera flash worked very well indoors with my Nikon D-610. I was able to get the units to fire consistently with my pop-up on 1/16th power. That's a good thing if no one else is firing a flash. For weddings, you must use a Pocket Wizard or other radio trigger.

These are totally manual, so expect a learning curve if you didn't serve time in the old school of 'dumb' speedlights. As for me, I like the manual speedlights because they are cheap and they always put out the brightness you set them on. TTL units can be easily fooled.

Battery life is low, because these units may not have a recycle circuit. I didn't get any more flashes on various powers than I did on full power. So every flash, no matter the setting, uses a full power load. Excess is dumped. Too bad. Batteries get hot and fail quickly. Not great for the wedding and event shooters. But for 40 or 50 flashes on a quartet of AA batteries, you get big output.

Summary: Good value
on January 14, 2014
UPDATE: dropping to two stars. due to wireless function loss.

January 26 2014,
the flash still works. but it no longer allows me to switch to wireless mode. When I press the button the flash locks up. I have to open the batter cover to turn the flash off.. the flash itself still works on the camera. Yes its a $71 flash so I shouldnt be surprised that it has had problems within the year of owning it. I should be surprised that it still works at all.
Its still a well made flash.. it still works, but it doesnt work for everything anymore.. so I am now left in the position where I need to decide if I buy another one or spend the money on a Sony flash..

--------original review ------------

Alright, first of all, I had no good expectations for this thing. I thought it was going to be cheap thin plastic, I thought it was going to have a screen like those old pocket lcd video games they used to sell when I was a kid.. Maybe the fact I was dreading getting this to see what I just wasted my money on helped make me as happy as I was when I opened this thing.. It's awesome.. Its HUGE, much larger than I expected, good solid thick plastic and its put together very very well. the manual leaves you wondering how to use the thing, so that could use some improvement, but if you search Yongnuo 560 III on youtube you will get some video's that show how to use the buttons.

I bought this for a Sony A58 and it works just fine on there.. The A58 has the new Sony "multi interface shoe" I was hoping the A58's wireless flash setting would fire this thing, and it does, but the timing seems to be off, the photo doesn't show any flash in it. If I use regular on camera flash settings I can trigger the flash properly. So of course I have ordered the 603's to help trigger this thing remotely, not that I will do that much.. The 603s do not work with the sony without a mod. open up the unit and solder a 120K ohm or 130K ohm resistor between the VIN (+ terminal) and the J6 terminal (yellow wire). It works, at first you might think that it doesn't, if the screen on your flash has this -- instead of a flash powrer, just hit the buttons to cycle through the powers and then your flash will work great.
Search YouTube for the mod, it will walk you through it.

The thing isnt ttl, so when you get it you will be learning how to use a flash,, Like a moron I started at 100iso in my dark living room with full power and quickly learned I had to move to 800 and bring the flash power down.. And I started playing around with the black foamy thing Neil Van Niekerk has done some videos and written articles about. Do a search on it for your self, amazon removed my links for his page. not affiliated with the guy at all. it helped me a lot to learn about using flash.

I was slow to order this thing thinking it wouldnt work with my Sony, and that is not the case.. If you have the old minolta hot shoe you will need a converter http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sony%20minolta%20hot%20shoe
on June 9, 2013
First off, I am a professional photographer for the last 7 years. I've been working with Canon only equipment but in this economy the opportunity to get a flash for a fraction of the original Canon was too tempting to pass by....and I am amazed at how well this flash works right out of the box.

So far I've used it in a studio setting as a backlight (slave, with a little octabox attached to it) and it worked like a charm. Full output is fantastic for bigger events. With the Yongnuo wireless transmitter this is amazing for fashion shoots on location, headshots etc. As a lightstand, I'm using my Manfrotto tripod, works like a charm as well.

If you understand how to model your light and shoot in manual you get an amazing flash for a great value. I'm about to order 2 more for on location lighting.

Also props to the shipper, product came well packaged 20 days earlier than expected!! That's service!

EDIT 7/12/13

Unfortunately the flash suddenly stopped working in the middle of a shoot. Suspecting the batteries at first I tried 3 different batches and then called the company to get a replacement. Now I have to pay for the return shipping cost to have a new one send to me... Let's hope that doesn't happen every 4 weeks... 2 Stars of the original review.
3737 comments| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
I shoot Canon, professionally. I wanted a system where I can trigger 2-3 of these flashes on stands with one flash siting on my camera and these flash guns are just perfect. So far so perfect (quality wise, as everyone is concerned with that) but read on...

If you get these triggers (Yongnuo RF-603C II -- see the addendum on these, at the bottom of this review -- VERY IMPORTANT!), all you need (if you want to radio remote trigger these flashes) is have one of those triggers on your camera, one flash on top for fill-in (or bounced as needs be) and have 2-3 YN560III's on stands and have those radio triggered remotely. The creative light you can come up using these, is spectacular! If I shoot in the studio and I'm the only photographer using a flash guns then I can set these as optical slaves as well but when shooting a wedding, I don't want them triggered by other flashes (people take pictures all the time which will set these off when set as optical slaves) so I keep them on radio-trigger only. They work like a charm. LIKE A CHARM!

These are manual only flash-guns. There's no TTL, eTTL or anything like that. But what is great about them is that for those photographers who love flash and only shoot manual, if you know how to work with them, you can create dramatic lighting situations (both indoors and outdoors). They have a simple and easily accessed menu. Fully compatible with the aforementioned radio triggers as radio triggered slaves (wireless capability is built in, which is fantastic!) as well as optical slaves as S1 and S2. Practically, unlimited possibilities. And if you are a beginner at using on or off camera flash, don't be afraid to take chance on these. In fact, shooting in manual and learning by trying different lighting situations , will teach you far more than using TTL or eTTL. I find that using flash with or without ambient light is different for every shooting situation and setting these manually yields the best results. I love the perfect flare they give which I like to capture when I shoot the couple during their first dance, at a wedding.

As far as how well they're built and how long they'll last, the jury is still out. However, I will say that they feel solid in the hand and every detail seems nicely designed. The tilting mechanism is crisp and precise. Easy and simple menu layout. Every option that a professional manual flash should have. Buttons are soft, precise and responsive when pressed. Output wise are pretty much at par with Canon's comparable product (580EX ii). I've use both. I can't honestly tell the difference in terms of output.

Someone mentioned here something that I must agree with -- no flash will last when blasted at FULL POWER for hours. As a professional photographer, using these flashes in tandem are very much like a dance -- I use them at lower power and create the optimal lighting conditions. I always anticipate what and when I want to shoot and when I think is the best time to hit the shutter. Part of the game. But even with a low or mid margin of quality issues (as I noticed that people have issues with them from time to time), the price I paid for what I'm able to do with them, is worth every single penny. I have a total of 4 units now. When shooting professionally, having backup gear is a must, regardless of brand. If one goes bad, its price would have been amortized if only used at one single shooting session. I've read reviews from photographers who used these for a very long time. Also, I must add, these new flashes are re-designed internally (better electronics). Seems that Yongnuo listens to customers' complains. Customer service, seems to be OK or non-existent (as per many reviews) though I noticed a few replies from Yongnuo to some negative, issue driven reviews here, on Amazon. It's a start. Also, the instructions are poorly written as it's the same with just about any other Chinese product out there. English isn't their strong suit, but with a little common sense and patience, you're able to figure things out. I find that to be a trend even with American companies, nowadays.

RE Yongnuo RF-603C II triggers -- BE AWARE that an earlier version of these, without the "II" are being sold. They are compatible as well but read my review on those atrocities. They are HORRIFIC design wise, though technically, they are the same triggers and do the same exact thing!! The RF-603C II's are significantly improved as Yongnuo finally listened to unhappy customers who purchased the previous version of those triggers. One important change is a locking mechanism that allows the triggers to latch firmly into the hot-shoe of your camera, especially when you use an on-camera flash which is then, sits into the trigger's hot-shoe. The previous version did not have that -- major oversight. So that's fixed, along with a re-positioned on/off tx/rx toggle button, which now is in a the right place on the trigger unit. Overall, this system is something which I'm enjoying very, very much!
on January 13, 2014
First let me get out of the way that I don't like seeing reviews on this flash that contain "great for beginners". Hardly. This is manual flash and few beginners would have the patience or the know how to learn how to use it. But once you do, these are the flashes for you. The YN-560 III has it's limitations, particularly with battery life and recharge time (get an external power pack, you'll be glad you did) but I find it a sturdy, rugged, and professional grade flash unit. It's also very dependable. Like many others I saw the $80 cost and wondered just how good could it be for $80. Well, the lack of TTL cuts the price down, but I have to say the quality and reliability of these flashes is amazing. I have three of them now and I use all as slaves fired off Yongnuo RF603 triggers. These flashes contain wireless receivers that are designed to work with the RF603 so that you do not need additional receivers attached to your flash unit; they communicate automatically up to 100 feet away. Using this feature has made my life as a semi-pro shooter phenomenally easier. However as they are all manual units you do have to work harder to configure them for your shots but that's part of the art of photography. I have always shot with manual flashes as I also shoot everything on my camera in manual mode. For the price you cannot do better than these 560 IIIs. They have not let me down yet and as long as you are comfortable shooting in manual they are the most cost effective means of achieving professional style images at a fraction of the cost of big name gear.
on February 21, 2015
The Yongnuo speedlight may just be the best value in photography. If you love photography but several hundred dollars does not fit your hobby budget, then this is an excellent choice. I now own three of these units. I use them both on camera and off camera (with several of the more economical umbrellas and soft boxes). If you are just starting to attempt lighting more seriously like I am, this is an excellent item to learn with. I have had absolutely no problems with any of my three units. They have performed exactly as promised. I always use good AA batteries like either Energizer or Duracell, and I have no complaints about battery life. This flash has withstood some heavy use. One of them has even been dropped when one of my lightstands was knocked over, and it continues to work with no problems.

The YN flash is a great value! I don't worry about taking some chances with it that I probably would not take if it were a $400 unit. For example, I took it with me to a water park with my kids and used it off camera. I wanted to provide some side lighting for effect with some water spraying up from below, so I placed the unit quite close to the water. Yes, it did get water spray on it. Yes, it survived to be used another day! My image turned out great. No I would have never tried that if I had spent $400 on the flash.

You will not be disappointed by this flash.