Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yongnuo Professional Flash Speedlight Flashlight Yongnuo YN 560 III for Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus Camera / Such as: Canon EOS 1Ds Mark, EOS1D Mark, EOS 5D Mark, EOS 7D, EOS 60D, EOS 600D, EOS 550D, EOS 500D, EOS 1100D (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 1,308 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 9, 2013
First off, I am a professional photographer for the last 7 years. I've been working with Canon only equipment but in this economy the opportunity to get a flash for a fraction of the original Canon was too tempting to pass by....and I am amazed at how well this flash works right out of the box.

So far I've used it in a studio setting as a backlight (slave, with a little octabox attached to it) and it worked like a charm. Full output is fantastic for bigger events. With the Yongnuo wireless transmitter this is amazing for fashion shoots on location, headshots etc. As a lightstand, I'm using my Manfrotto tripod, works like a charm as well.

If you understand how to model your light and shoot in manual you get an amazing flash for a great value. I'm about to order 2 more for on location lighting.

Also props to the shipper, product came well packaged 20 days earlier than expected!! That's service!

EDIT 7/12/13

Unfortunately the flash suddenly stopped working in the middle of a shoot. Suspecting the batteries at first I tried 3 different batches and then called the company to get a replacement. Now I have to pay for the return shipping cost to have a new one send to me... Let's hope that doesn't happen every 4 weeks... 2 Stars of the original review.
3838 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2013
I've been buying photography equipment from Amazon for 10 years and have never been compelled to write a review. However, this little flash has impressed me enough to let everyone know how good it is. If you use off camera flash in studio or on location in manual mode this is the flash for you. Buy one set of the C3 radio triggers for your camera and you are ready to go. I've only had the flashes for about a week but I have been using them extensively and have had great results. I bought two of them to go along with the 7 other flashes that I have and they are now my favorite. This includes my canon 580 EXII. The built in radio trigger makes all the difference in the world. Put four batteries in the flash and stick it on a stand and you are ready to go. No more external triggers to worry about having batteries for or weither they are on or off. I trigger these with the C3 on my camera and the other flashes in S1 mode. In summary, great flash.
on November 17, 2014
I have used a few Canon flashes from the 540ez to the 430ex and these are wonderful! No color issues that I can see. I used these quite a bit in the last few days and I can't stop myself. I am a semi professional photographer and I am impressed! I love these, with a controller it's a great bargain for the price. They are so cheap they are practically disposable. I don't have to cry if one breaks, I don't have to worry if I lose one. Peace of mind because of the great price. Finally a good reliable flash that doesn't cost a fortune!!!!.......Canon, sorry, I will never spend on your flashes ever again! You lose. That 430ex was $299, biggest waste of money ever! That has to be one of the worst purchases I ever made....

As far as TTL, ETTL, those features are nice but they are not reliable nor are they worth the added expense in my opinion. Manual control of the flash is always better than letting the camera make your choices for you....

Update, I have six of these, it's been several months now and no issues. I am very happy I decided to buy these.
review image review image review image
on August 19, 2013
Very happy I went with YN 560 III and not the II or I...quality and performance are excellent. I will be ordering a couple more of these ASAP!!!
review image review image review image
on June 16, 2014
I loved this flash. I used it three times and then it died. The second time it worked at first and then stopped. I thought it was a fluke, but then last weekend in the middle of a shoot - it just stopped. The unit was on and nothing was happening... not even when I push the test button. I tried to use it again yesterday and it still wouldn't fire. Now I'm past my 30 days to return and sending it back to China for Yongnuo to check it out would cost about $300. Yeah, not doing that. Bummer.
on March 6, 2014
Not sure about quality control on the Yongnuo, seems pretty positive with all the reviews but I got a lemon, died after 2 months of very light use. Not sure if I'm willing to gamble on another set.
on August 10, 2015
This is a such a great flash for the price. It works WAY better for me than those cheap studio kits you find on amazon for 100$. The interface is user friendly. Would recommend for any beginner or pro. I have been using it with my Wescott Rapid box 26" octabox (which I also highly recommend-see photos)
review image review image
on May 4, 2013
I got this in the mail just this morning as a second strobe to my Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras. I don't need the TTL functionality of the Yongnuo YN-565EX ETTL Speedlite Flash for Nikon, so despite the fact that there were no reviews for this model, I took a chance because it syncs directly with the Yongnuo RF-603 N3 2.4GHz Wireless Flash Trigger/Wireless Shutter Release Transceiver Kit for Nikon D90/D3100/D5000/D7000 which I already own. I am not usually an "early adopter," but I have seen many, many reviews for previous versions of the YN-560 and YN-565, so I am fairly confident in its quality.

For practice, I set up the YN 560 III as my key light triggered with my RF-603. I put my Nikon SB-700 in slave mode as my fill light, triggering it when the key light fired. It worked perfectly. I also put the YN560 III into slave mode and triggered my SB-700 with my RF-603. The YN560 fired as expected. I was considering buying another set of RF-603s, but this strobe eliminates that as an option. With either of these setups, the strobes are full manual mode only, but for an amateur photographer just getting into flash photography this worked well for me.

I'll update if I have any issues.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2015
I really, really, really, really want to like these flashes. Really. When they work, they're GREAT. But they probably will leave you stranded either without a flash or with a flash that is unusable.

I've bought three of these flashes over the past year-and-a-half. The first one stopped working during a wedding shoot. It just wouldn't fire. Luckily I was still within the return window from Amazon. So I replaced it with the same model AND ordered one more. Like I said, they're great when they work. So now I had a main flash and a backup. Flash-forward to a month ago. Again, a wedding shoot. I'm using these two flashes on Super Clamps during the reception and all of a sudden they both, at the same time, decide that they're only firing full-power now. I replace the batteries, still only full-power. I'm way past Amazon's return window now, so I'm stuck with a couple cheap flashes that only pop at full power. Pretty worthless.

So here's my advice: Buy these if you aren't depending on a flash to make money. If you're a hobbyist or just looking for a way to wirelessly get your flash off camera, these will work well. Until they don't. So maybe buy a backup. Just don't trust them with anything important.
on March 25, 2016
No no no!!! I normally don't use a flash. Usually for my type of photography (events such as parties, sports, and outside photography) I don't need a flash, and usually the flash that comes with the camera does the job. However, there are a few exceptions when an external flash is useful, like when I do some portrait photography for family, friends, and some other events inside houses. I ordered this one on May 19, 2014 as I was going to photograph an event where I saw the need to have it. Since then I barely used it a few times in 2014 and 2015, but sometime after mid 2015, and barely after just one year since I purchased it, the flash stopped working. First I thought the batch of batteries I was using was perhaps too weak to work with it, I replaced them, but that also did not work. I used a third batch of fresh batteries, nothing. I became a bit frustrated as I needed it for another event and just put it away and forgot about it. A couple of weeks ago I pulled it out having forgotten that I was no longer working and again tested it with a couple of batches of new batteries. Yes, the flash is a goner!!! Very quickly, very sudden death, without having enduring even one trip of hardships, this flash was well tucked in my back and never had to endure any exposure to the environment or anything harsh, it has no scratches and looks brand new, except for the fact that it does not work at all. Save your money, I am really unhappy with the purchase and given it has been over 1.5 years since I bought it, it's now has in effect just become a paper weight, and nobody wants to purchase a paperweight for almost $70.