- Series: Best Dive Bars
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Gamble Guides (December 1, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0970312539
- ISBN-13: 978-0970312532
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.3 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,483,415 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
New York City's Best Dive Bars: Drinking and Diving In the Five Boroughs Paperback – December 1, 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Ms. Mitchell has an keen eye for detail and a fine taste for parts of the city that New York-based books and movies rarely depict: its seedy, soused underbelly. Does Woody Allen ever wash up at the Blarney Cove? Could Tom Wolfe trick fellow drinkers at the Sly Fox? Would you rather a Blue & Gold Budweiser or a "Maid in Manhattan"? Answer? A resounding no.
This book in engaging, informative, illuminating, and voluble, a veritable Zagat's for the demimonde. I tip my hat--and raise my glass--to you.