Yoshihiro High Carbon Blue Steel Hongasumi Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Chef's Knife 10.5 Inch Magnolia Handle
|Price:||$249.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE* RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
- Forged from Japanese Blue High Carbon Steel #2 with HRC 62-63. Will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening.
- 10.5 IN (270mm) Single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back. Will glide through any type of fish with no pressure. Just start the cut and pull the knife back.
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Magnolia wood Japanese D-shaped handle and a Water Buffalo Horn Bolster (COLOR VARIES) for a light and well balanced construction.
- Excellent for entry level chefs. Magnolia wood knife sheath, knife oil, and rust eraser included. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Our handmade Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans to create high quality knives that are indispensable in their craftsmanship and performance. Hongasumi translates as true mist and refers to the beautiful mist like patterns on the blade that are formed when Blue Steel 2 (HRC 63-64) is forged with iron. The craftsmen of Yoshihiro devote the highest attention to detail with an emphasis on refined forging and polishing.
Our Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are complimented with a traditional Japanese handcrafted Magnolia wood Octagonal shaped handle affixed with a Water Buffalo horn bolster. A protective wooden sheath called a Saya encases each knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. The Yanagi is a long slicing knife designed to cut thin slices of fish for sushi and sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is in its ability to slice through ingredients in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving their integrity and freshness. The Yanagi is one of the most essential of traditional Japanese knives and is a powerful component in the repertoire of many chefs. Even the simplest of tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional. Available in 9.5 Inch(240mm) to 13 Inch(330mm), with a limited lifetime warranty.
Although traditional Japanese carbon steel knives are not stainless, with proper care they can provide years of enjoyment. Keeping dry in between usage, and applying Tsubaki Oil(as included) before storage will keep your knife in tip top shape. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones.
KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE* RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
Top customer reviews
If you are a master chef or just a part-time kitchen fanatic, the YOSHIHIRO are truly 'top shelf'... they will not disappoint. I have no problem recommending them to anyone and everyone.
If you love LV, you'll love Yoshihiro^^