Yoshihiro VG-10 46 Layers Hammered Damascus Santoku Japanese Multipurpose Chef Knife
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Grade: Damascus / Edge Angle: Double Edged
- Knife Style: Santoku
- Handle Shape: Octagonal / HRC: 60
- Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel / Handle Material: Ambrosia Handle
- Saya Cover: Magnolia Wood
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Yoshihiro Cutlery is a company specializing in handcrafted premium Japanese kitchen knives.
All Yoshihiro knives are handcrafted by Artisans with a lineage spanning centuries. The origins of the techniques used to create Yoshihiro knives dates back to medieval Japanese sword smiths who perfected the technique of handling fire, iron, and water. Our selections are far and wide and is a culmination of seven centuries of tradition intertwining with modern innovation inspired from Japanese ingenuity.
Yoshihiro 46 Layers Hammered Damascus Santoku Multi-purpose Chef Knife
Santoku Chefs Knife, Handcrafted in Japan
- Forged and hammered with 46 layers of steel in the Damascus tradition with a VG-10 Core, the VG-10 Hammered Damascus Series has been a perennial one of best seller, combining performance, beauty, and extraordinary value
- Santoku is Japanese for three virtues referring to the shape of the blade which comprises aspects of the traditional vegetable knife Usuba and the chef knife Gyuto in one knife, making it a favorite among chefs and cooks everywhere. The quality of the steel together with its' expert craftsmanship makes this a professional quality chefs knife with an excellent blend of razor sharpness, durability, and comfort that is unrivaled in its price range.
- From dicing, slicing, and chopping fresh produce from a farmer’s market to carving a roast chicken straight from the oven, even the simplest tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional.
VG-10 Steel Core
VG-10 is a Japanese stainless steel that is often utilized in high end Japanese cutlery. It has a hardness, or a HRC level, that exceeds that of most other stainless steel cutlery on the market. Its exceptional hardness means that the cutting edge can be constructed thinner, and therefore sharper, allowing the blade to seamlessly cut through almost any ingredient placed in front of it.
Hammer clad Damascus steel
The hard VG-10 steel is clad in a softer Damascus steel in order to give the blade an added toughness and durability. The hammered texture of the blade eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade.
- VG-10 Steel Core. (HRC 60).
- Hammered Damascus Steel cladding.
- Stain Resistant.
- Spine Thickness: 3mm.
- Japanese-Style Shitan Rosewood Handle.
- Double Redwood Bolsters.
- Magnolia Knife Sheath Saya
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Stain Resistant for a Peace of Mind
Both the VG-10 steel core and the outer Damascus steel are stain resistant. This means that they resist the forming of rust when it is left wet during its use. The user is free to use the knife for extended periods without the worry of any rust buildup.
Balanced and Fit for Comfort
This knife is complimented with a traditional Japanese style handcrafted octagonal natural Shitan Rosewood handle affixed with a double bolster.
Protective Magnolia Knife Sheath
A protective wooden sheath called a Saya is included, which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use.