- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Crown; First Edition edition (October 19, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1400052424
- ISBN-13: 978-1400052424
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.8 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 32 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,094,800 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.49 shipping
You Are a Dog: Life Through the Eyes of Man's Best Friend Hardcover – October 19, 2004
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
From School Library Journal
Adult/High School - A light and insightful look at the world from a dog's point of view. The canine talks about his relationships with everyone in the family, plus neighbors, newspaper and mail deliverers, other animals, and household appliances such as the vacuum. The vet is the "Man Who Stings Your Hip," while there are several aliases for that best friend, including "He Who Sleeps on the Couch," "He Who Scratches Unscratchable Places," and "He Who Leaves the Seat Up So You Can Drink." Simple thumbnail drawings are peppered throughout the book. This romp will be a hit with teens who have a dog or wish they did. It breeds chuckles and understanding. - Karen Sokol, Fairfax County Public Schools, VA
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
From the Inside Flap
A hilarious, captivating commentary that gives us--finally--a true dog's-eye view of the world.
• The Sofa: "The sofa is Position One. The sofa makes you feel as if you are with your people even when your people are gone."
• The Toilet: "The advantage of drinking from the toilet is that the water is always fresh."
• The Baby: "Often known as She Who Randomly Flings Food from the Table, the baby has the most flavorful, ever-changing face of all your people."
"After reading You Are a Dog, you will start thinking like a dog."
--Bash Dibra, celebrity pet trainer and author of DogSpeak
"You Are a Dog should be the talk of every dog run in the U.S. With humor, and more bite than one might expect, Terry Bain helps us to see the world through the eyes of our dogs, and to look at their lives in fresh and insightful ways."
--Jon Katz, author of A Dog Year, The New Work of Dogs, and The Dogs of Bedlam Farm
"Terry Bain has cracked the canine code to demystify those charming, endearing, and occasionally bizarre habits our beloved dogs exhibit. You Are a Dog is equal parts witty and warm, sweet and sympathetic--read this and be destined to meet your dog at a richer, deeper level."
--Dr. Marty Becker, veterinary contributor for Good Morning America, author of The Healing Power of Pets