Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 677 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 772 reviews
on September 16, 2017
This is the only body weight exercise book that I own, so I cannot compare it to others. I have overall noticed results. I enjoy the variety of exercises offered, and the program that is laid out in the back of the book. I originally purchased this book since the gym on the ship is always crowded, so I wanted to have work-outs that did not require waiting for equipment. I was worried that body weight exercises would not challenge me enough, and I was wrong! Some of the exercises are not described or photographed very well, so I am not sure if I am doing them properly. I do not find let-me-ins to be effective, so I have replaced them with cable rows.
on September 11, 2017
I feel there are safer ways to perform these exercises that require minimal gym equipment. It was worth it to me to purchase some resistance bands and a pull-up bar to make exercises easier on my joints, especially my knees. However, there are a couple exercises that I have added to my workout routine that I have not found elsewhere. Many of the exercises found in this book seemed like they were for pros. I would be very nervous for a beginner to start some of the exercises, they require strength and balance and experience. Mostly just to know how to do them without hurting yourself.
on September 2, 2017
Great ideas for using your own body as your "gym". Photos are helpful, but acquiring their APP is helpful for those of us who need to see stuff in several different ways. Do note that even the beginner/basic proffered workout will be difficult for many people, especially for those who have not done body weight exercises before or who are "out of shape".

Exercises are effective if you are able to stay with it. It takes about ten (10) weeks before your will begin to notice significant improvements. Working with a partner is helpful. I suggest you see a fitness trainer if you are a beginner. Several sessions with him or her will help insure that your will be able to meet your goals regardless of your level of fitness (rate me as moderate) or age (likely older than most who read this review).
on August 19, 2017
I have used this book to walk me through three of the programs, now I am starting over to maintain and stay fit.
on August 13, 2017
One of the best fitness books I have read overall, easy to understand and use. The book does a good job of discussing variants on the excersises to make it easier or harder, depending on your level of fitness. It doesn't advocate a fad diet or expect you to do a 4 hour work out every day. I have been doing the first class program and I found that it usually takes me about 32 minutes. Overall great book.

Pros:
- Easy to understand
- Pictures help where words can't
- easy to follow diet
Cons:
-Pictures black and white (seriously nitpicking though)
on July 26, 2017
This is a very well written book that opens up an exciting new adventure for me. I also purchased the three CD companion that goes with it and would highly recommend that to anybody who hasn't worked this concept previously
on July 26, 2017
Had this book in ebook format first and loved it...just needed a better way to reference the materials while working out without having to use a kindle. I can tab these pages much easier. Highly recommend work pouts for those that dislike going to the gym/lifting weights...all body weight exercises.
on July 19, 2017
Decent book!
on July 2, 2017
I have owned this book for three years. I train in my own home gym but use this book regularly when traveling. This book provides great fundamental skills to allow you to understand specific exercises and arrange your own programming (series of exercises). No more excuses, I can train anywhere anytime. Great, useful book.
on June 17, 2017
I love this book so much that I have three copies. Would recommend it to anyone that is passionate about working out and fitness but not huge on the fees of the gym.