|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
You Belong to Me (Romantic suspense Book 12) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 506 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to You Belong to Me (Romantic suspense Book 12)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Some of the secondary characters were just kind of thrown out there. We were given their names, but not much else about them. For some of them, it would have been easier to get a better sense of their personalities if we had been given more background info. For example, Clay Maynard, the PI. He appears early on and is a regular fixture through the story, but we really don't learn much about him.
Lucy's part-time job, which is supposedly this big, secret deal that she doesn't want anyone to know about outside of her best friends, is kind of ridiculous, especially for a doctor in her mid-30s who has to get up every morning and go to work. It just didn't ring true for me. I also didn't think that it fit with her character, based on the information we were given.
So, character development was weak, in general, and there were some flaws in the story, but overall, it was a good read. I would give it 3.5 stars if we could assign half stars.
The story revolves around Dr. Lucy Trask, ME for Baltimore and JD Fitzpatrick, homicide detective. JD has only been in the homicide division for a short time and ends up 'meeting' Lucy over an autopsy. Soon after, bodies start piling up. But they're all tied to Lucy in some way. All are left for her to find either at her home, in a car, or at a park she frequents. She's briefly considered a suspect, but quickly eliminated. So who would hate the ME enough to kill people from her past?
There's much more to Dr. Lucy Trask than meets the eye. Her family wants nothing to do with her, she has a alter-ego once the sun goes down, and her favorite past time is something she keeps secret.
JD and his partner, Stevie are trying to figure out who is killing these people and why is Lucy being punished? JD is wildly attracted to Lucy but she keeps him at arm's reach for much of the book. She has many skeletons in her closet and doesn't trust herself enough to open up to him.
What I liked: I found the book easy to read and the plot very interesting. I had no idea how the killer would be connected to Lucy until I read it. Lucy has many layers and it was nice to see her let go of some of her baggage along the way.
What I didn't like: JD seemed to have to work extremely hard to get Lucy to notice him. I guess to me, it seemed forced. It seemed like Lucy didn't appreciate everything JD was trying to do for her. Also, JD seemed to have to do everything in the investigation. There were secondary characters, yes but they seemed like they took a back seat and never had much to contribute.
After reading the other books in the Baltimore series, I liked this story the least but it still gets 5 stars from me simply because the plot was so good!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Serial Killers
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Medical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Alzheimer's Disease
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Medical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense