Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on November 19, 2013
I read the first 100 pages of Colin's book today while on travel in LA, and let me tell you Colin: there were 5 firetrucks parked outside the Barnes and Noble on Rosecran as I left the store! To summarize: Colin talks about how his early childhood experiences gave him a vantage point for life after being traumatized by sports figures not living up to how they are portrayed on TV and through the media. Further, Colin goes with his gut - trusting his instincts as always- rather than being foolish buying into today's phony media trends. This book is classical Colin at his best: substance! Buy it!
on November 20, 2013
I enjoyed most of this book. Some of the rants I had heard before on the show. Many of the lines made me laugh out loud. Still, I felt that a few of the arguments could've been better developed. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of college football. I skipped the essay on that. I would've wanted a slightly longer book, but I did enjoy the read.
on December 16, 2013
Love the Herd, and love the radio show. But if you listen on the radio regular as I do there is nothing new in the book that you wont have heard already. Definitely not bad but I cannot give this more than three (3) stars.
on November 20, 2013
It is an ok book. Interestingly insightful. I cant give it anymore stars because to me it was just an average book nothing really great about it and nothing really bad. I think if you really like Colin you will like the book. I did like his take on Tiger Woods.
on September 2, 2014
Like most reading this book I turn into Colin from time to time and usually can listen to him for about 20 minutes or so. He has good takes and angles and does a great job convincing you of his point of view.

A lot of the chapters in this book feel like hot takes from his show, which is is no way a bad thing. He presents a lot of view points that I had never considered before in an entertaining and honest way. He points out some of the idiosyncrasies in sports and life and does so in a fun way.

I liked his point about the difference in baseball players and football players. Baseball has morphed into a club team, traveling circus with players only worrying about their own stats. A tiny percentage of baseball players have college degrees and most move around so often that they don't know the joy of playing for a city or team that comes with growing up playing football. There's no AAU or traveling teams (although 7 on 7 and other camps have gotten popular the last few years) and football is all about team and community and all have some college and many more are graduated. Baseball contracts are guaranteed and football is not. It breeds a more humble athlete.

I really like this book and even used some of his chapters for topics with friends and family members.
on December 17, 2013
If you are regular listener you will recognize a lot of what is in this book. I am only about halfway through it and it is nice to be able to re-live many of his on-air rants and observations in book form with more detail. I appreciate Cowherd's insight into sports and his philosophies on life in general. I listen to his morning show on ESPN frequently and find myself adamantly agreeing to 90% of what he has to say, only disagreeing on about 5% and having no opinion on the other 5%. I like that he sticks his neck out and says what he thinks, but then is not above reevaluating those thoughts and opinions based on new information. I've never understood the whole "flip-flopper" tag placed on people who are willing to change their stance on something as they learn more and more about an issue. He gets a little "cutesy" at time on the radio show, and he has to be a complete egomaniac, but I think that is what makes the radio show (and the book) winners in my eyes.

If you like Cowherd you will probably like the book, if you don't it will just validate why you don't like him.
on April 25, 2014
"You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will is an expanded version of Cowherd's immensely popular national radio talk show. The book gives him the time allotment to further examine and support his positions than the time allotted on a radio show, and he does so with his usual unique rationale and contrarian positions. As always, Cowherd makes a good case for whatever position he is supporting, and often that position goes against popular opinion. This is the same stuff (and strategy) that makes his radio show so much fun to listen to. Colin is articulate and intelligent, and he asks many poignant questions that are doomed to go unanswered. Among the best chapters in my opinion was the one on Michael Jordan vs. Lebron James…why is the former so loved and the latter so, shall we say, unloved? Cowherd makes many points as to why this should not be the case, but knows he will win few converts to his way of thinking. A good read.
on November 13, 2015
When your 17 y.o. son take his nose out of his phone long enough to ask you for a book you immediately put your nose in your phone and go to amazon to get it. He read some of it to me. It was comical.
on January 3, 2016
Bought this book as a gift for the boy in my life. He loves sports and when possible he loves to watch or listen to podcast or shows such as the Herd, Mike & Mike, sports center. If you have ever had or know anyone with a love of sports and its place in the world and also love a blunt​ attitude towards life this is a great read.
on July 21, 2016
It's a solid read. Gives us a look at who Cowherd is and where he comes from. The only issue I had with it is that sometimes it felt like the chapters weren't cohesive or went on too far of tangents. Highly recommend nonetheless!