Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(5 star). See all 71 reviews
on February 25, 2015
Are you Irish? Do you like interesting, funny books about your heritage? You’ll love this book! This book is so fascinating, with some great facts and tidbits about Ireland and the Irish people and culture that are so cool! There are chapters on How the Irish Made America, Irish Bad-Asses, and more! My very favorite chapters are More Magic and Mystery Than You Could Shake a Stick At and Sexy and Romantic Sons of Bitches! I love fantasy and magic, and the chapter about Irish magic was fascinating! Banshees and changelings you’ve probably heard about, but did you know about Dracula’s Irish blood? How about Fionn McCool? Sexy and Romantic Sons of Bitches is a fun chapter about the sexiness of Irish people and the culture! It’s all around a really fun, entertaining, and informative book! I had a great time reading this book. Not only did I have fun with this, but I learned a lot too. This book would make a great gift for any Irish friend or family member. I bought this for my very Irish father and he adored it. My boyfriend enjoyed flipping through it as well, and he’s not even Irish. I really recommend it.
on February 27, 2015
I bought this book for my wife as a joke for St. Patrick's Day. Her family is Irish and I've always been the Italian outsider. After flipping through this book, I found it to be really hilarious!

And not only is this a funny, and often poetic, book but also it offers real insight into the history of Irish. It quells a lot of myths ranging from potatoes to St. Patrick's Day to the hidden Irishman who inspired "The Great Gatsby" (not the DiCaprio movie, but the book). I think it gives a diverse and great introduction into the well-known and unknown stories of the Irish and of famous Irish people.

I also love how there is an entire chapter dedicated to just alcohol! And Liam Neeson rightly gets his own section for being a badass.

Growing up I took a lot of woodworking classes in high school and my teacher had poster dedicated to Murphy's Law, and after all these years I finally know there is a real story behind it.

It's a great read for anyone of Irish descent, or even those spiritual Irish people who run amok on St. Patrick's Day like me.
on March 16, 2015
Don't be thrown off by the title, it's part of the irreverence we are known for! Rashers Tierney is a gifted writer, one that knows how to give just the right amount of information without tossing you over the cliffs into the waves of boredom. Lots of interesting tidbits of information, some of which I am sure has escaped even the most patriotic of Irish. The book is an effortless read that holds your interest right to the last page. One gets the feeling that given the time and pages, Rashers Tierney has a lot more stories up his sleeve and hopefully, there will be a F#ck You, Two, I'm Still Irish? Give Rashers a feed and let him belt away at another book!
on March 12, 2015
F*ck You I’m Irish is essential reading even if you aren’t Irish. The author writes with the wit and ferocity the Irish are well known for and has offered up a great and deceptively dense history of the Irish immigrant experience. It’s an extraordinarily fun, fast read and I would go so far as to say it would make the perfect addition to any high school, or middle school library as a teaching tool (the title not withstanding). Here’s a taste: “You see St. Patrick’s Day, Good Friday, and Christmas were the three days of the year when the pubs weren’t allowed to open. Yep, you heard it right folks, the towns and villages of Ireland were dry as a rock in the desert on Ireland’s national feast day. People generally just gathered for a hearty family meal somewhat like the US Thanksgiving feast, annoyed the hell out of each other, and had an early night.” Priceless!
on February 18, 2015
A must read tome for any person with taste and good breeding or the burgeoning aficionado of Irish culture. Witty and informative, Rashers Tierney will make you laugh out loud and keep you up-to-date on the latest Irish slang. With chapters on pop culture and Gaelic geography, Tierney takes readers beyond the clichés and deep into the history and culture of a truly awesome people.
on March 22, 2015
Reading this charming, pocket-sized book straight through made me imagine myself in a warm, old Dublin pub, lucky enough to have bellied up to the bar with a friendly, irreverent, wise Irishman who was generously sharing everything *Irish* with me, from erudition of Gaelic to explanations of the famous Irish temperament, from Irish Magic to the complex and astonishing history of the Irish people, from "Irish Bad Asses" to "How the Irish Made America." Shameless! but so unpretentiously, casually, and humorously told there's no way I wanted to stop listening. A new appreciation for all the Irish people, friends, and elements I encounter in my everyday -- and fuel for the dream to someday travel to the Emerald Isle.
on January 18, 2017
Comes from a solid view point of the author. makes a great gift. Never hurts after 35 years to find out your Irish, this book just helps add to the history. The fire and the passion have to love being Irish
on April 2, 2017
hillarious
on March 12, 2015
I’d like to buy Tierney a pint! The title might mislead one into thinking this book is something of a joke, but F*ck You I'm Irish is in reality a fact-filled and extremely enjoyable chronicle of all things Irish. I especially love how circumstances surrounding the horrific Irish Famine run as an explanatory thread throughout the book to elucidate the guts and gumption of the Irish people. Tierney has a sly way of mixing humor with tragedy while bombarding us with an incredible array of information. Plus, I learned from his book, the drink I’d be buying for him would be none other than Guinness stout -- what James Joyce called “the wine of Ireland.” And, that in any pub in Ireland, I’d never have to refer to it by name; the simple word “pint” would get us nothing but Guinness. The bartender would fill our glasses, wait three minutes, then top them off for the requisite thick head of foam. The book is loaded with an amazing collection of details and data.
on March 7, 2015
I thought this book was going to be just a silly, jokey read, but it turned out to be entirely the opposite. I learned a ton about Irish history and culture (and about Irish immigrants in the United States). As a lover of Ireland who's been to visit a few times (and claims some roots there), it was nice to see the culture portrayed as more than just a St. Paddy's day stereotype. I don't know who Rashers Tierney is, but kudos to him for letting the world know the truth about the Irish. Awesome, Indeed!