- File Size: 1654 KB
- Print Length: 25 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Skerry Books Limited (October 1, 2012)
- Publication Date: October 1, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009KSCEHA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #40,210 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
You Are Just A Guest Kindle Edition
Old legend, new blood. All power comes at a price...Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The writing is good. It's not entirely credible, but that's okay. The story elements are a nice mix, anyway. The alternating viewpoints were a little jarring at times, and some of the tale felt rushed, but those are minor issues. They didn't detract much from the reading experience.
If you're expecting a nice, tidy ending... this isn't that kind of story. However, if you're a fan of classic ghost stories (19th century and early-to-mid 20th century) that leave you a little unsettled, this is a fine addition to the genre.
I read this story in one sitting, and I will read more by this author. His attention to detail is very good.
"You Are Just a Guest" documents the first (and, perhaps, last?) few days of a couple's life in their new home. It's written as a series of blog/twitter posts. I was uncertain, at first, about the format. I have never been a big fan of the serial letters style of story-writing, and I was afraid some of the atmosphere would be lost in the style. I needn't have worried. Mr. Kelly did an excellent job of capturing the tension and expressing it through the main characters' reports.
Near the end, it seemed as though it slipped, briefly, out of the social media format into real life, and that distracted a little. Not much, but I did think, "Wait, is she still writing this? But she's walking...is she carrying the computer? Using a phone?" I think it was necessary to get the story across, and it certainly didn't detract from the overall experience, but it would have been a bit smoother read if that had been handled with more clarity.
All in all, I am glad I read this during the day rather than at night, sitting on the couch, in the dark. I would recommend this story to others, and plan to!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors